Plea to all of the dedicated players!!

"
Primality wrote:
"
Build, it, you, if.

Hey! I was about to post this same thing (well not exactly the same).

Mine:

Code it (well) and they will come.

Better, yours, like, I.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Charan is demonstrating how he manages to average over 20 posts per day.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Sometimes it's a sign of major headtrauma.

But mostly it's just for fun :)
Ahahahha naw, just practising a little restraint in the word-count department. Before it was just as many posts, each roughly the length of a Victorian novel.

But now you've gone and done it...

deep breath.

My fears are actually the opposite of the OP's. I believe GGG are cleverly ramping up awareness of their game, and being surprisingly selective with their player base. When I made that interview/media thread, I noticed how many of them were done in Europe, often not in English. Admittedly I didn't spend a great deal of time pondering that, but it was curious. I think GGG knows that too great an influx of players at this point could be disastrous, but at the same time, word must be spread. There's a definite escalation in public/gamer awareness of PoE over the past few years. I admired that greatly.

Naturally, one of my fondest aspects of PoE right now is the community. I wouldn't have accepted the responsibility/duty of a mod for any other -- no way, no how. We can make jabs at global chat and sure, it can get out of hand. But overall, the closed beta community of PoE continues to be one of its strongest features, even though you can 'buy' your way into it -- 'closed beta' seems less appropriate than 'ajar'.

I do have some fears that someday, some morning, I'll wake up, log on, and the forum will be inundated with the bulk of That Other Game's playerbase. This isn't to say I dislike people leaving Sanctuary for Wraeclast -- the absolute opposite, of course! But all at once? Uhm...there's a reason countries have immigration policies. Whether or not they implement them perfectly is a whole other can of wigglies -- the point is, you have to control, somehow, the influx of people, even in a virtual environment such as this.

So I for one am very glad for how this is working so far. We get a steady flow of new Exiles, some who are seeking a better life here in the sunny paradise of Wraeclast, and some who are of course bringing their nefarious habits from home. It happens. As long as it's manageable, that's fine.

....can I go back to be the Yoda-esque pithiness now please?

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
All cultures need time to grow and mature. Internet too. It's really a new thing, stuff hasn't started to become polite yet, but it will. There are very good reasons to be polite.
"
Primality wrote:
"
Build, it, you, if.

Hey! I was about to post this same thing (well not exactly the same).

Mine:

Code it (well) and they will come.

Does that mean Chris is Kevin Costner?

Well I'll be damned...
I'm sure the guys at MMOHut will post a bit about it when it becomes live, they're all over f2p games.
"We believe - so we're misled, we assume - so we're played, we confide - so we're deceived, we trust - so we're betrayed"
"
York wrote:

So spread the word about it, gaming forums, other games, especially the failed Diablo 3 forums.

Some of us do ;) I do a weekly PoE podcast (the only one that I know of), give away beta keys, promote it on twitter, reddit, etc Anything to get more eyeballs on PoE.
"
I believe GGG are cleverly ramping up awareness of their game, and being surprisingly selective with their player base.

I'm calling BS on that one....
case in point, I am here.

"
Fiveby5 wrote:
Does that mean Chris is Kevin Costner?

No.

Chris has talent.
:: sƃuıɥʇ ɟo ʎɔuɐʇsuoɔ ǝɥʇ ɟo ʎʇılɐǝɹ lɐuıɟ ǝɥʇ ǝq plnoʍ sıɥʇ ʎɐʍɐ ʇǝƃ
plnoɔ ƃuıɥʇou ʇɐɥʇ os plɹoʍ ǝɥʇ uı plɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ǝpıɥ oʇ ǝɹǝʍ noʎ ɟı ʇnq ::
We definitely appreciate everything that players can do to spread the word about games. As a company, we're generally not really able to post in forums encouraging people to learn about Path of Exile (it's seen as advertising).

We have and continue to spend a lot of time contacting journalists to get coverage of the game. This has resulted in 20 or so major (and hundreds of minor) mentions on various news sites. This will ramp up as we approach Open Beta. Once we're in Open Beta, we intend to actually spend money advertising, which is of course necessary to gain awareness. Very few games are successful without advertising budgets (just those that go viral, and we're probably too niche to rely on that!).

Please spread the word - it will result in a larger player base who can support us to complete the game faster and to a higher quality standard!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info