Moved to default because for NO REASON!!!!

I logged in, ran through solaris to find some minions, noticed i cant open a door so i log out with 100 % hp, 80 % ES thinking its desync. I log back in, im dead ;| last 4 of my characters died due to game crashes but this time its just a joke ;| I had no creeps on me and had almost MAX EHP!! I play a summoner because of all the bugs and game crashes and even that didint help. I just cant continue playing this game, this was simply too much for me.

Oh and to anyone wondering the characters were 49, 64, 66, 68. This one was 69
Last edited by RaizQT2 on Apr 25, 2013, 12:49:15 PM
"
RaizQT2 wrote:
I logged in, ran through solaris to find some minions, noticed i cant open a door so i log out with 100 % hp, 80 % ES thinking its desync. I log back in, im dead ;| last 4 of my characters died due to game crashes but this time its just a joke ;| I had no creeps on me and had almost MAX EHP!! I play a summoner because of all the bugs and game crashes and even that didint help. I just cant continue playing this game, this was simply too much for me.

Why not just play Default league? Save yourself a lot of headache for now (until the bugs are all straightened out). Also, keep in mind that at high levels, you do NOT want to die in Default league either. While it doesn't move your character to another league, the XP penalty is so harsh that you can lose hours of work very quickly. It's very similar to hardcore in that you don't really want to die in either.

I really think you should give it a shot. Don't be pressured to feel cool by playing Hardcore. While you're certainly able to keep playing HC or quit, I think you might find Default enjoyable. I know there is a stigma around Default that it is "Scrubcore" or whatever, but that simply isn't the case in PoE. Default is not quite as HC as HC is, but it's close I feel.
"
Drakier wrote:
"
RaizQT2 wrote:

Why not just play Default league? Save yourself a lot of headache for now (until the bugs are all straightened out). Also, keep in mind that at high levels, you do NOT want to die in Default league either. While it doesn't move your character to another league, the XP penalty is so harsh that you can lose hours of work very quickly. It's very similar to hardcore in that you don't really want to die in either.

I really think you should give it a shot. Don't be pressured to feel cool by playing Hardcore. While you're certainly able to keep playing HC or quit, I think you might find Default enjoyable. I know there is a stigma around Default that it is "Scrubcore" or whatever, but that simply isn't the case in PoE. Default is not quite as HC as HC is, but it's close I feel.

I tried. I just can't. I always played hardcore in any game i tried. I simply can't it takes away ALL the fun for me. Right now since they wont return my character regardless I'll just quit. I might come back when they fix stuff like this. I mean, there is a difference between crash death's, loading death's etc and...this ;| where i just got moved to another league and that's it
Last edited by RaizQT2 on Apr 25, 2013, 10:40:26 AM
"
RaizQT2 wrote:
I tried. I just can't. I always played hardcore in any game i tried. I simply can't it takes away ALL the fun for me. Right now since they wont return my character regardless I'll just quit. I might come back when they fix stuff like this. I mean, there is a difference between crash death's, loading death's etc and...this ;| where i just got moved to another league and that's it

It's called "bugs". This game isn't released yet. There will be problems and bugs and lost information/characters/items/accounts, etc. These things happen in beta.

I'm not sure how playing Default takes away all the "fun" from Hardcore. I just don't understand what's so different about Hardcore and Default in this game to make HC have all the fun and Default have none of the fun. As far as I knew, HC was about not dying. The same can be said for Default. They've made the death penalty in Default high enough that you legitimately do NOT want to die. It is the exact same as Hardcore once you get into the end-game (or possibly even before then). Sure you can easy-mode through Normal, and maybe even most of Cruel.. but when you get to Merciless, you legitimately do NOT want to die.

So can you explain how HC and Default are so different as to HC having all the fun and Default having none?
"
Drakier wrote:
"
RaizQT2 wrote:

It's called "bugs". This game isn't released yet. There will be problems and bugs and lost information/characters/items/accounts, etc. These things happen in beta.

I'm not sure how playing Default takes away all the "fun" from Hardcore. I just don't understand what's so different about Hardcore and Default in this game to make HC have all the fun and Default have none of the fun. As far as I knew, HC was about not dying. The same can be said for Default. They've made the death penalty in Default high enough that you legitimately do NOT want to die. It is the exact same as Hardcore once you get into the end-game (or possibly even before then). Sure you can easy-mode through Normal, and maybe even most of Cruel.. but when you get to Merciless, you legitimately do NOT want to die.

So can you explain how HC and Default are so different as to HC having all the fun and Default having none?

There is no fear of death in default. No adrenaline rush because there is no consequence to death.
"
Drakier wrote:
"
RaizQT2 wrote:

This game and d2 are to me mostly about trading and interaction. The economy on sc is horrible and i just cant stand it
"
Lask001 wrote:
There is no fear of death in default. No adrenaline rush because there is no consequence to death.

When you get to Merciless endgame, there most certainly is a fear of death. At least for me. I'm not currently a power-gamer because I just lack the time. So all my time in-game is important. I don't like having that time "wasted" because I died. At my level (which is only 63) one death can wipe out hours of work.

Granted as I said, I'm not a power gamer, and I probably don't have the most efficient character for farming or whatever... but it is a character I enjoy (which dies pretty easily). So I get plenty of thrill/rush from playing because it is quite possible I could die at any minute and waste a ton of work.

YMMV

"
RaizQT2 wrote:
This game and d2 are to me mostly about trading and interaction. The economy on sc is horrible and i just cant stand it

I can certainly understand the economy being different.
Thats the biggest problem to me. It's totally not about the lvls i had plenty of lvl 60 +... the problem is the gear i lose. Lvling is fun to me, losing the gear i had to trade for is not however.
And it's COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE that something is wrong with the OP's internet right?
"
fourthx wrote:
And it's COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE that something is wrong with the OP's internet right?

I always run at least 1 stream in the background so my internet was 100 % fine :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info