Heavy Splash !!!!! I recommand

Why don't you use this melee Attack?

Link :
Heavy Strike + Splash + Multistrike + FastAttack + Melee DMG ADD gem + Fire DMG addGEm

something like this :

Your Mana Cost : about 60

If you have about 140-150 mana, you can use this skill without any lack of mana
(2% mana leech item recommaned)

use Alpha (new Unique Wolf Helmet)
use 3 aura with mana (haste + hatred + determination(or Vitality))
you would have 140-150 mana left ( you can choose skill nods (increasing mana and regen) )
that mana is enough for this Heavy splash
you dont need to use Blood magic !!!!

If you dont like knockkback, use double Stike!!!!

you can have free skill nods (of course much Life and physical dmg would be better)

I love physical melee Character, not ranged or ground slmmer

If you wanna be a real physical melee character, try this

current my Heavy Splash DPS is 15k (with aura and blood rage), APS : 0.17

not high but not bad

I dont want use ground slam anymore, I am exhausted

recommanded Skill nod and gem : Increasing AOE (20%) + Q20 spalsh (20% AOE)
= 40% AOE possible

now, averaage time of 70Map is 7minute, not so slow

of course, heavy + ground slam mixture coulb be better than this,

but if you want something new, Heavy Splash could be be an answer

my playing video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n3OSX1J23E
Last edited by kaiserhose on May 3, 2013, 11:41:34 AM
up
could I have a link to your talent tree?
Because of the way physical damage is mitigated by armor, doing more attacks with reduced damage = less overall damage. You should never sacrafice pure damage for attack speed with phy dmg, so multi strike is not ideal.
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
Because of the way physical damage is mitigated by armor, doing more attacks with reduced damage = less overall damage. You should never sacrafice pure damage for attack speed with phy dmg, so multi strike is not ideal.

With the only exception being Heavy Strike that is at 150% effectiveness by default. For every other skill I agree :)
"
talonmas wrote:
"
BackwoodsS wrote:

With the only exception being Heavy Strike that is at 150% effectiveness by default. For every other skill I agree :)

I think as long as multistrike is applied to pysical damage, it is ALWAYS going to hit for lower than the base damage. Armour just works this way. Skills like lightning strike and infernal blow can make use of multistrike, because the physical damage is converted to elemental damage. This obviously means that resists will defend against the damage instead of armour. Someone correct me if I'm wrong because I'm actually using IB and MS.
Last edited by RICKRUSH on May 8, 2013, 9:08:47 PM
You are right about armor and how it works. The point that you miss though, and that most forum browsers who never try stuff themself miss is this:

Mobs dont have unlimited armor!! lol, there's an upper reach of their armor, just like your own. If you do high enough physical you will penetrate the mob with ease. Using heavy strike and a 500 dmg maul you can easily use multistrike and STILL penetrate their armor. Cause it just aint that high! And then you can always curse them...

Some do maths, i did it in game. Dont care what the math calculations showed, mobs die FAST with this. So perhaps I just havent found that one big armor mob in game yet that makes so i should avoid this build at all cost? Which is strange since ive run high lvl maps as physical.

(note, you can achieve even higher dps using pure elemental, but the point is:
a mob cant more than get 1 hitted. It's not like you gonna half hit him do death just cause your dps is twice as a physical build, right? You only need "enough" dps. Rest is just for show :)
"
talonmas wrote:
You are right about armor and how it works. The point that you miss though, and that most forum browsers who never try stuff themself miss is this:

Mobs dont have unlimited armor!! lol, there's an upper reach of their armor, just like your own. If you do high enough physical you will penetrate the mob with ease. Using heavy strike and a 500 dmg maul you can easily use multistrike and STILL penetrate their armor. Cause it just aint that high! And then you can always curse them...

Some do maths, i did it in game. Dont care what the math calculations showed, mobs die FAST with this. So perhaps I just havent found that one big armor mob in game yet that makes so i should avoid this build at all cost? Which is strange since ive run high lvl maps as physical.

(note, you can achieve even higher dps using pure elemental, but the point is:
a mob cant more than get 1 hitted. It's not like you gonna half hit him do death just cause your dps is twice as a physical build, right? You only need "enough" dps. Rest is just for show :)

I believe what he is trying to say is, why use multistrike as a support gem, when using something like. . . Added Chaos damage, for weak example, would give you over-all more dps? Regardless of how much physical damage you stack / do not stack? If your build is 50% or more physical damage, multistrike is not "optimal."
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Multistrike is also a lot of wasted attacks. You keep swinging even when everything is dead. I had a build similar to this and chose not to use Multistrike for that reason. You could use a quality INC AoE gem and have a pretty large radius. Or just something that adds more dps.
Your mate will hate you everytime you will stuck a 72+ boss into a wall or even onto a pillar.
This overpowered knockback on heavystrike is fuckin annoying for almost everybody.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info