Can you evade reflected shots?

Just as the title says. Specifically when you hit an enemy with reflect, is there an evade check?

Not applicable for most builds, but anything with arrow dodging should have 90%+ projectile dodge chance. Therefore would you be able to evade 90% of your reflected damage?
yes, you can evade reflected damage, if that damage is evadable (reflected spell damage doesn't check evasion). You can also block it (although there's a bug with the spell block applying to reflected spell damage at the moment)

Because reflected damage is separate from what creates it, arrow dodging won't see it as projectile damage, just reflected damage, so you won't get the extra chance to evade from that.

Currently the check is made based on the enemy's accuracy.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Apr 24, 2013, 10:29:13 PM
Is there a reason why reflected damage is seperate from what creates it? It does match all other things like type (phys/fire/cold/light) and things like crit's. Stands to reason that if I fire a projectile at a reflect mob the projectile is reflected back and stays as a projectile.

If they are independent does this mean that the crit chance is also rerolled vs the evasion check? Or does reflect only consider the damage done.
Can you Dodge reflected shots?

EG Darkray Vector boots
"
Lunares wrote:
Or does reflect only consider the damage done.
This. Reflect can't crit, can't apply on hit effects, and isn't damage in the sense of actually hitting things. Reflect is a stat that means that as part of the process of you applying actual damage to something else, a percentage of the damage value is taken, and subtracted from your life. It is not a separate hit, and doesn't have things that hits do, like a specific source. It's jsut a calculation against resistance, and then subtracting life (or es).
Is the amount of reflection calculated after the damage has been dropped by enemy armor/resist or before?
After. reflect is part of actually applying the damage, not calculating it.
Sorry to come back to this question, but based on this thread:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/25614

it sounds like arrow dodging was meant to double the chance a year ago. What changed?
"
Lunares wrote:
it sounds like arrow dodging was meant to double the chance a year ago. What changed?

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
...okay, so actually, it looks like it will double the chance to evade reflected damage if the thing reflecting the damage is using a bow/wand (i.e. it's regular attacks would be projectiles) because that check is made as though the reflector was making an attack against the reflectee. I'll need to do something about that.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Because reflected damage is separate from what creates it, arrow dodging won't see it as projectile damage, just reflected damage, so you won't get the extra chance to evade from that.

Currently the check is made based on the enemy's accuracy.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
yes, you can evade reflected damage, if that damage is evadable (reflected spell damage doesn't check evasion). You can also block it (although there's a bug with the spell block applying to reflected spell damage at the moment)

Can we spell block/dodge reflect damage from spell as of today. For example will phase acrobatics give 30% chance to dodge reflect from ek? Or if I'm using stone of lazhwar and have 60% chance to block, will I also have 30% change to block ek reflect damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info