Physical Dual Claw Shadow

So i made up 2 skill trees, one a bit more fefensive, and the other one a bit more dammage dealer with less surviveability but some good keystones.

This will be my first Dual Claw Shadow and i need opinions on the build.
I plan to use Double Strike/Dual Strike as a single target skill and Cyclone + Fire Trap for main AOE.
Gear probably would be a mix of Evasion, Armor, ES, HP.

The more defensive tree is passing trough the Witch nodes and going into the Templar.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYA_5MeGjBUmVcoKrVIbXtVSyaV646uz5P8h9uxs-1Bpn82QqgaD6s9ZZKAYeLrY5matvcRLxa_8-pwUnDVwFHjhIhrDkinNBGW76Dtdmp-Ff3WB2cenaP8q176j_rsGMNt2-eaeK0e3UhHBl9qwuy0xUBVb1cMjQ1JKwrBANsaEHv1S746p1xJUSQ8Wm0nqX_GoqPB8_F2bRk74eL3pyuLei0fTLMEB5eVl_RSUz1fHwI2xdgkpwgVUI9G0NDPZVXGFm-BSbI4Zk8zlnM_QYwdFPrS98E26eNqJKoZhWaewBqQVaeEGjjsODrYTdiMdg==

This one uses some Claw and Dual Weild nodes such as Twin Terror, quickly passing by the Ranger tree and getting inside of the Duelist nodes.
Spoiler
hhttp://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAAYFtQyNDUkOSA6tEHsRLxGWE8AUdRX2Fr8Y2x4aJDwmlSepKCorCjBUMHwxezSTNns67UBVQ5xHBklRSn1OKlFHUzVVS1ptW69e-mHiYnljcGegapVtbG17bmlvV3BScNVyu3RBd9d_K4TZhxmHdofbijiMNo2_j_qQCplXmZqaeJ2jnyejOqZ_pzSnXKp_qris6q0esbO0xbVItkG29746vqfAD8BRwQDBi8Lsw23LQdDu0k3T_NaK2xrb590N3UjjhOtj7BjtQe_j8-r1S_ej_Kv8xf-T

Again heading to the Duelist three, this time i take less dammage and ton of HP. 234% to max life.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAAYFLQ5ID6sRLxUgFfYWvxm0GdUeGiLqI_YmlSgqLOkwVDB8Mww1kjZCOJY9ZUd-STtKfU2STshO51FHU99VS1b6WNtaSFuvYEth4mJ5ZU1noGqTbBZte25pcFJw1XJ-dEF07XfXeu9_K4PbhNmE74cZh3aH24w2jb-SgJkrmVeZmpoXm4OfJ6Z_pzSoGqp_qrirxa7PsbO1SLb3txe9gb6nwA_AUcS4ytPOcdDu0k3V7dX41ordDeOE6NbrFOtj647tQe4O7_Dw2fPq96P8S_zF_iv_k__e

I wonder if i will had some mana problems. I dotn see many Claw builds, this actualy motivated me to roll one ! Need some theorycrafting people here thought
Last edited by coffecat on Apr 25, 2013, 4:52:25 PM
Please thoughts
After work i will analyze your first (defensive) build but for now let me focus on the second one. Problems with it:

- only +132% maximum life which which will result in quite low life pool

- above + virtually no armor / (evasion is kinda pointless without Iron Reflex) = one shotted on maps (and no, Energy Shield is not the answer)

- if you wanna go very high ES + Ghost river why not use CI? Atleast chaos mobs wont 1-2 shoot you

- Pain Attunement: 30% more Spell Damage when on Low Life -> Wtf? You dont use spells (u use melee skills) so this point is wasted

- you have used 119 of possible 120 meaning a 99 lvl character, which is very bad for planning, aim for something more realistic like 80 - 85 a the most (100 - 105 points total) and this build with like minus 20 - 25 points is gonna be pain in the ass to play especially on maps (which you must do after 7X level to gain more experience in reasonable time frame).

- also Cyclone scales very poorly with high attack speed (less strikes per cycle) which is a base for any claw toon

Claw build is very hard to make, you can see on forums that nobody actually made a good one. Problem is with claws itself - quite low dps on it is the main problem. The new unique Bloodseekers looks interesting (high LL applied instantly) but its hard to tell if thats enough to overcome lower dps. Going to test that in near future.
Last edited by immortalq on Apr 24, 2013, 8:45:20 PM
You last sentances made me build this shadow, kinda unpopular and i really wanted to test. I always loved assasin types and not many of the games i played had Claws as weapons.

Could you help me make a decent skill build, i will also try to reorganize it based on you feedbacl.
Thought, do you thnk that going to the Duelist tree is the good choice?
I'm currently working on Claw build, thou kinda slow, level 45 atm but if all goes well i should be around 70 lvl in a week or so. Assuming its gonna be viable in maps i will post guide to it.

For your questions:

- there is no need to go to the Duelist tree since you planty of claw / life / crit nodes close to Shadow and Ranger tree

- however getting iron reflex is kinda mandatory

- im aiming for around +200% max life

- would be nice to get Twin Terror node, althou the 2 accurancy nodes req before it are kinda wasted points

- going in the bottom i would want to take Diamond skin, Dual wield nodes (3), Golem blood and all the life nodes, Berserking, Unwavering stance.

This just a general idea, im playing this build and testing so some tweaking may be required. Expect full feedback and possible a guide within a week.

Also while main skill is Dual Strike i would suggest getting one for AoE which is ele based coz in pure physical (high dps with this crit build) -> you gonna one shot yourself on physical reflect mobs. There is a problem here, because whatever you choose it have to be viable with 3 support gems (assuming you can have 5/6L on armor for Dual Strike, you get only 4L for AoE skill).
Last edited by immortalq on Apr 25, 2013, 9:53:48 AM
@immortalq can you post your planed skill tree
Updated the 2nd skill tree
b
Hp nodes are kind of wasted points. Get CI ghost reaver and vaal pact. This will give you as much of surv as a hp based build for less nodes. Also the life leech from claws synergyizes godly with ghost reaver and vaal pact
ig name Xothx
I reserve the right to retract my offers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info