DW Claw, life leech, BM, armor tank?

A ton going on with this build, so I'm looking for some critique. I like the added life from claws (and they just look bad a$$), but you lose cleave and have to waste nodes on INT.

End

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wUtCygS4RQgGS4hAiFgJScotSkuKvYx-zIJNro26DpSPC09_ECgRmlHflBHUFBXDVhjWK9dSV8_YIhhIWFSZU1nm25pbpd08XfjeA17jHy4hNmMz5B0kc6ZK565ns2fo5_LouqkGacwp5-rxa4-ud29gb6KvqfAD8QVxPbG2NIh0k3Uj9lh37_i6uRR567vDu9O8i_ynPZI9yv3vg==

1-20

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEACygZLiECJScq9jH7NrpQUFhjXUlnm26Xe4yMz8bY1I_kUeeu8pz3Kw==

21-40

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wsoGS4hAiUnKvYx-za6NuhQUFcNWGNYr11JXz9nm26XeA17jIzPns2fo6cwp5-uPrndvorG2NIh1I_ZYeRR567vDvIv8pz2SPcr974=

41-60

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wUtCygS4RQgGS4hAiUnKvYx-za6Nug6UkCgRmlHflBHUFBXDVhjWK9dSV8_YSFlTWebbmlul3gNe4yE2YzPmSuezZ-jouqkGacwp5-rxa4-ud29gb6KxtjSIdSP2WHfv-Lq5FHnru8O707yL_Kc9kj3K_e-

Would go full armor gear, but I'm kinda new so I haven't spec'd gear for this build yet. Again, any suggestions are welcome.

Edit: Looking through equipment now, and didn't realize claws require high dex as well as int. So, this will require some respecing anyhow.

Last edited by MalaikatMaut on Apr 23, 2013, 10:52:21 AM
To be honest given the placing of the shadow I recommend going Iron Reflexes wearing full EV gear. You'll have the Dex for the claws, splash in the int you need (there's a number of high value nodes in the area you'll be in).

Get BM from your gems (alternatively don't get BM at all). You'll be pretty similar to what you have planned.

Edit: I recommend building from shadow. If you couldn't tell. Building from marauder loop through the middle toward duelist. I apparently clicked the wrong forum like a derp
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Last edited by Autocthon on Apr 23, 2013, 1:29:36 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

I looked at the Shadow start point and the only trouble is that it's a long way to get to any added life regen or leech. Now, those nodes may not be necessary, which is part of the reason i'm here. I just don't know the mechanics well enough, but, if they are needed, it seems easier to pick up int/dex from the Marauder start than to go the other way. Maybe just start as a duelist, as it'll be a mid-way starting point? If I can't figure this out I may just forget it and conform to a two-hand mace build like a lot of other people. I just like the dw claw play style.

Last edited by MalaikatMaut on Apr 23, 2013, 2:06:06 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I revised to add some dex to the marauder build. Also grabbed IR and inner force for Grace. Would need to modify the progression, but this is the final as it heads into the end game.

Click for build

Still looking for some feedback on my selection of keystones/notables and a general feeling of viability.
Looks OK. Drop the HP on kill and HP on hit nodes (that whole leech cluster is actually pretty useless since DW claws sport 12% total leech endgame). Move them toward the DW block cluster at duelist (you can;t be stunned and +14% block is massive).

Slip the Int bridge upwards toward getting Attunement (20 Int isn't going to affect what you can equip). I'd personally probably try to get resolute Technique since it's only a couple points. Moving that Int bridge and removing the life leech cluster will give you 4 points to work with in that area. One point left over to put toward the DW block cluster you'll just want to move the +Acc nodes you have toward defenses.

It'll be ok. The build type works with a shadow decently, but may be rough to start.

Edit: Slightly modified

Basically removed BM node in favor of using some % Auras (Hatred, Purity, Discipline). Moved around some other nodes to get a bit more tankiness. To put it in perspective I just upped 15% block to 29% block, a ~20% eHP increase. In exchange for a minimal amount of Intelligence and a meaningless amount of life steal/gain. You wouldn't have had enough accuracy without either socketing +Acc or focusing heavily on Acc from gear. Now you've traded a required +Acc gem (much as I love the gem) for more defenses and better damage. Bonus points if you can find a way to get to the +30% ice damage on weapons.

Edit 2: Technically speaking yo ushould start where you like the character model and early notables most. I like the shadow area and model so I usually plan from there. Marauders have access to better early HP and such., Shadows have a much better leech cluster for claws and a 2% mana leech node effectively removing the need for blood magic if you plan around it.

edit3: Your max life bonus is too low unless you don't mind being pretty squishy.
Last edited by Autocthon on Apr 24, 2013, 1:58:28 PM
Since I'm more familiar with the shadow's pathing (I'll do one for the marauder later tonite hopefully) Here is a build from the shadow with twice your build's HP

This build is sporting 164% increased HP, 120% total increased Armor/Evasion, 39% Dual Wield Block, 2% Mana Leech, 4% Life Leech, and a smattering of other stats including AS, Damage, and easy access to additional Crit/Block nodes if you manage to level past 80-82 (depending whether yo utake more frenzy charges and health from bandit quests).

I can do something similar from the marauder, but the short version is that HP is king. Offensive stats are mediocre to bad. This build is going to require heavy Acc itemization, or using a Acc gem. Or both if you want 90+% hit chance.

Edit: Marauder with ~140% bonus health

Best I could do w/ 100 points apparently.
Last edited by Autocthon on Apr 24, 2013, 2:25:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info