Path Of Exile Mumble/Teamspeak/Vent servers

"
TheBigMick wrote:
I've asked for this before. I would have set it up myself but I do not have the resources anymore to do this. If you are willing I will give any help I can. Any type of server is fine with me as all the clients are free to download. I agree though that a Murmur server would probably be the best bet as it is a free voice server

In that case, If this takes of i will take you on as one of the Admins, We have 4 machines at the service renting company and quite powerful ones too so i can provide the hardware and bandwidht for this but all we need is a big enough support pack of players to setup it so it wont just be empty and a waste of space.. I think i will start it at 200 slots but i would say for free i could probably go up to around 300-400:ish slots..
Don't forget to register on the semi-official
Mumble server @ 212.16.110.165:64738 PW: poe

"
"
TheBigMick wrote:
I've asked for this before. I would have set it up myself but I do not have the resources anymore to do this. If you are willing I will give any help I can. Any type of server is fine with me as all the clients are free to download. I agree though that a Murmur server would probably be the best bet as it is a free voice server

In that case, If this takes of i will take you on as one of the Admins, We have 4 machines at the service renting company and quite powerful ones too so i can provide the hardware and bandwidht for this but all we need is a big enough support pack of players to setup it so it wont just be empty and a waste of space.. I think i will start it at 200 slots but i would say for free i could probably go up to around 300-400:ish slots..

Awesome, Just PM me when you are ready. I was playing multiplayer the other day. I was teaching some new players how to play and giving tips and items to them. It would have been so much easier to have been able to talk to them instead of trying to type it all out. I have always found it easier to talk to team mates during a game rather than trying to type in the middle of a conflict.

PS. I also used to manage an ISP of 50,000+ clients so I am quite used to the ins and outs of servers and such. Though I am out of date, been retired for a while now.
.....And that's all I have to say about that.
Last edited by TheBigMick on Jun 10, 2012, 7:02:31 PM
I think i will go on and set it up now, See how it goes.. Connect to it when its online so i can set admin to your nick.. il update IP:Port here in a few minutes

I might be interested in this once I get access to the Beta. It is hard to find a party in these types of games when you don't have many friends around.
Mumble is set up
IP 212.16.110.188
Port 64738
password poe

Quick tutorial picture how to join and setup
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15850006/mumble.tutorial.png

Also updated first post

Last edited by NuclearAdmiral on Jun 10, 2012, 7:49:27 PM
Great stuff man, I'll be sure to check this out when I get in the Beta.
Thanks

Trying to support as good as i can, I purchased the smallest supporter pack and cant afford to upgrade but this is my way of contributing in my own way.. Lets just hope we get some activity on mumble :)

"
C3 is good yeah for a few buddies but you can only create a temporary channel there, which is far less than what i would do in mumble, meaning Country channels, staff channels, party, pvp you name it.. what i am providing is in the topic and lets please stick to that and not start a war on which is better than the other.

I've got 7 permanent PoE channels setup on C3 with me as the admin on all of them, each one capable of supporting hundreds of subchannels for languages, parties, whatever.
TehHammer is not a crime!
I’d love to give this a go. Let us know when it is ready.
RIP Bolto
"
Covert wrote:
I’d love to give this a go. Let us know when it is ready.

Its up and running, See first post :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info