The Coward's Trial - Unique map garbage

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
rarity is rolled first explicitly because rolling for base type doesn't make sense for unqiues. We roll rarity so that for normal/magic/rare items we can then roll base type, and for unqiues we instead roll "which unique" which is base-type independant.

WOW. So adding in any new unique reduces the chance of each of the other uniques dropping?

that's right. which is why GGG doubled the unique drop chances recently during OB so that the chance of obtaining a specific unique is kept relatively the same with the new uniques coming in. believe they will continue using the same adjustments as more and more uniques come in.
"
Gravethought wrote:

The xp argument might have made a lot more sense when lunaris didnt go up to 68.

Except this map is made with level 66 players on average in mind. It still grants proportionately a ton more xp for your time spent than lunaris can unless your level greatly exceeds the map.

"
Constructive Criticism is not attacking. Attacking would be me going "This map blows, it's creator wasted 1k buck total noob yo".

But when I come here in a feedback thread and devote my time to stating why the map feels unrewarding to me, and you say "Nope. Wrong. You are just whining because you can. Feedback Invalid.", well.....excuse me if I do find that a little insulting.

First point I think we're agreeing and just talking past one-another. Semantics.

Second point, invalidity and unsoundness aren't the same. Your points are valid but unsound, they're demonstrably wrong. That being said perhaps I should have worded it better. Perhaps "your complaints are unfounded".

"
dlrr wrote:

that's right. which is why GGG doubled the unique drop chances recently during OB so that the chance of obtaining a specific unique is kept relatively the same with the new uniques coming in. believe they will continue using the same adjustments as more and more uniques come in.

Pretty much the reason why I think the idea that "I could have gotten another unique and that would have been more useful than this map" is very weak, since it could be extended to any non-top-tier unique at all. Atop that this map grants a shot at any unique in the game, so it's essentially a free reroll, in other words unique + map instead of just a unique... provided you defeat the boss that is.

Last edited by OverUsedChewToy on Aug 25, 2013, 8:47:21 PM
"
Pretty much the reason why I think the idea that "I could have gotten another unique and that would have been more useful than this map" is very weak, since it could be extended to any non-top-tier unique at all. Atop that this map grants a shot at any unique in the game, so it's essentially a free reroll, in other words unique + map instead of just a unique... provided you defeat the boss that is.

for the record, me is love your unique much much

probably the drop i most want

yes acton's pretty creppy yes atziri's so much more rewarding (kinda) yes dropping a voltaxic makes me a mega millionaire / forever immune to reflect

but damn no item made me go "WHAT THE BL**DY F***?!?!" the way your item did

just waiting to get another one to bring a couple of friends in so they can share the same moment too
The majority of the feedback has been very positive (even from critics). I'm so happy so many enjoy my idea of fun, or at least the premise of it. My only regret is that there just isn't enough zombies.

There never is.
"
reboticon wrote:
I've done this map about 8 times, and never has a "good" unique dropped. Has anyone gotten a good unique from it?

FWIW - My friend did get a Lioneye Remorse from it, and I thought he was trolling me (required level 70, like auxium) until Rhys confirmed that was possible.

I got Poorman's Asylum from it, sold it for a couple ex.
Though I regret that decision now, was too afraid of running a 71 map back then, stupid me :D

I also wouldn't recommend running this map with full IIR/IIQ gear unless you are still very tanky/res as melee. Sure you get tons of rares and a couple uniques but the lags/fps drops are pretty scary with so many monsters spawning at once, not desync mind you, so the risk of dying in the last room is actually pretty high, at least it was for me with 3k+ health.
IGN: Rakkarnoth
Last edited by Gargravarr on Oct 4, 2013, 5:17:57 AM
Selling an Asylum for a couple of ex is a very good deal. Don't worry about it.

It is a pity that the Asylum doesn't have "your character level is treated as 71 for the purpose of xp", instead of the 150% additional xp.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
The main problem with this map is that the graphic part of the coding is far away from being optimized. So in the last room, all I get (and I guess lots of other players) is huge lags. And bang, i'm dead.
Standard : BratalUss
"
fgcewoud wrote:
Hello! This afternoon I bought this map and give it a good shot. Spoilers included, so don't read if you want to try yourself. Although my advice is not to do this map yet.

The Coward's Trial

Spoiler
However,

My advice is to NOT do this map untill this has been looked further into. The map exists of 3 seperate rooms which have about 6 portals each where spawn about 3 mobs from. In the first 2 rooms I managed to clear it and was fairly hard. As well, it always spawns a summoner which revives the skeletons. However, they all spawn INSTANTLY when this rare comes. He summons ALL the monsters right away. No way to counter this. However, I still managed to clear the first 2 room.

Then it happend. The last room was fairly hard and managed to keep it clear before new waves were spawning. When the end boss spawned (unique summoner) he somehow INSTANTLY revived the whole room which spawned about litteritly over 50 mobs. The worst part is that they are all effected by the aurau which increases their crit chance and crit damage. As well, most of them have immune to curse, resist elemental damage, frenzy charge to allies when killed and on top of that, they get instantly revived when you kill them. Even if this is on the other side of the room and out of line of sight of the summoner.

I really have the feeling that this encounter is bugged. As soon as the unique end boss spawned, ALL the other mobs were instantly revived, giving me fps drop from 60+ to 5~ fps. I managed to kill some mobs, however, they applied frenzy charges to allies which resulted in an instant dead.

I did try it 5 more times, but nonetheless, as soon as I entered the room, I always got my fps drop to 5~, all the mobs instantly trying to nuke me resulting in an instant dead. Even if I tried to kill them, move out of the way, decoy totem or corpse explosion; it does not work.

This should really be fixed. In no way should a summoner instantly spawn all the mobs, even the ones that are at the other side of the room combined when they are out line of sight.

Some screenshots:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Piece of shit garbage, worst thing I have ever seen in this game so far...

Edit: seems to be not a bug after all

"
Rhys wrote:
The final boss, the Infector of Dreams, is supposed to mass-revive all the dead enemies when he spawns. It is not a bug.

I guess it's almost impossible to do this map solo :/

Did it with ;-> Freeze pulse solo : most mobs got frozen -> no revive

cleave (4k life 16 k dps) was really easy
dominating blow : no stress at all since i had the minions fighting for me

if you have any decent aoe build this map shouldn't be any problems
top kek
Last edited by Dimitrii_ss2 on Oct 5, 2013, 10:38:47 PM
This map isn't hard at all, I steamrolled it with my facebreaker. It was fun because I never seen so many chunks of mobs exploding on the screen before. Mob density was very high in a lot of areas. I could see how a non-tank might have issues with 50 rhoas in the room.
Low shatter, no devour, no explode, no raise zombie. Because epic revivals are best revivals.

MFing.

http://www.twitch.tv/theanuhart/c/3040826

Great job btw, Chewtoything.
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info