(June 9/10) Hardcore ladder race

This is a temporary three hour league with prizes. It's our first 0.9.10 league, so I'm keen to see what effect Public Parties will have on it!

It will run from 9am to 12noon New Zealand time on Sunday (June 10 2012). This is 2pm Saturday, Pacific time. Here is a link for more time zone conversions. Note that this is a different time than normal!

The league will be hardcore. Characters who die will be moved out of this league and into the Default league. NEW CHARACTERS MUST BE CREATED IN THIS LEAGUE TO BE ELIGIBLE. After the end of the league, they'll be moved back into the normal Hardcore or Default league depending on whether they died. The league will be open for character creation 30 minutes before the start of the competition.

Prizes:
At the end of the tournament, we will award the prizes in the Hardcore league on a character that we add to your account. If you want to transfer these prizes to the Default league, then just kill that character.

Random Currency Prizes:
For this competition, we'll be giving the winners a certain number of random currency items from the list below. These are picked with equal weighting using a random generator.

• Divine Orb
  • Exalted Orb
  • Regal Orb
  • Gemcutter's Prism
  • Blessed Orb
  • Orb of Regret
  • Orb of Scouring
  • Chaos Orb
  • Orb of Alchemy
  • Glassblower's Bauble
  • Chromatic Orb
  • Orb of Fusing
  • Orb of Chance

Top Prizes:

The top three players of each class by experience will receive prizes.
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Presence (Unique Amulet), 8 random currency items (see above list)
  • #2 player of each class: 7 random currency items
  • #3 player of each class: 6 random currency items

Shadows:

• _shora (shora)
  • SummerWind (WinterLicht)
  • BeFunF (Tranx)

Duelists:
  • ToE_DiedTwice (siffin)
  • OutspreadGayety (grimhoradrim)

Marauders:
  • TwoHandFTW (Bummssacke)
  • _SEAS (lpsusi)
  • Hauberdogken (Hauberdogken)

Rangers:
  • fffsssssss (DysleXic)
  • Attrition (Metronomy)
  • MickyRaceRanger (YoMicky)

Templars:
  • SelfishGene (SpiritOfChristmas)
  • KoTaoEvent (KoTao)
  • Makethla (Coldet)

Witches:
  • Lord_YoshiTheThird (Lord_Yoshi)
  • Whacked_Subprofessor (outfaller)
  • Alyrace (Kakoethes)

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed. If you're in a party then only one of you will win the prize. The player will be selected randomly.

• Normal difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 3 random currency items - ByeHillock
  • Normal difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 3 random currency items - Lord_YoshiTheThird
  • Normal difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 3 random currency items - fffsssssss
  • Normal difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 3 random currency items - DemigodsDoll
  • Cruel difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 4 random currency items
  • Cruel difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 4 random currency items
  • Cruel difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 4 random currency items
  • Cruel difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 4 random currency items

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive the listed currency items for that area. If you are in a party, then the player who gets the killing blow on the final monster gets the prize.

• Normal difficulty Fetid Pool: 5 random currency items - Vraak
  • Normal difficulty Old Fields Cave: 5 random currency items - fffsssssss
  • Normal difficulty Dread Thicket: 5 random currency items - fffsssssss
  • Cruel difficulty Fetid Pool: 5 random currency items

Spot Prizes:
We'll also distribute some spot prizes randomly after the event to people who reached certain level thresholds. You can be eligible for multiple tiers of spot prizes. Winners of other categories can still win spot prizes.

Level 27+: 5 random currency items (1 person receives this)
Level 23+: 4 random currency items (5 people receive this)
  • TwoHandFTW (Bummssacke)
  • fffsssssss (DysleXic)

Level 18+: 3 random currency items (5 people receive this)
  • ToE_DiedTwice (siffin)
  • OutspreadGayety (grimhoradrim)
  • Makethla (Coldet)
  • Hauberdogken (Hauberdogken)
  • Alyrace (Kakoethes)

Level 13+: 2 random currency items (5 people receive this)
  • Lord_YoshiTheThird (Lord_Yoshi)
  • BoomBoomBaDaBoom (RoedeOurm)
  • BeFunF (Tranx)
  • Attrition (Metronomy)
  • trynotdie (IcyHum)

Miscellaneous:
The game version will be whatever the current 0.9.10 version is (probably 0.9.10c). Please note that because this is a hardcore league, a single death can disqualify you.

Our decision on the winners is final. Bugs and mistakes will get in the way for many players and this is why we are running an event like this. If you lose your ability to participate due to a bug, please tell us about it and we'll do our best to fix it. We can't change the outcome of the event due to this.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Jun 14, 2012, 6:55:58 PM
GMT +2
Saturday 09 June 2012 23:00

Lovely Stuff Hardcore and at a Humane Hour Thanks Chris

I'm BACK :)
Last edited by Coldet on Jun 8, 2012, 12:42:23 AM
This would be much more interesting if it was secretly a cut-throat league and nobody found out until it began. Join party > enter instance > fight large group > leave party > KILL YOUR FRIENDS.
IRON MAN
gah, and I can't patch because I'm capped... Oh well.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
Damn! I was hoping this would be the first week with 2+ races, given that a lot of people complain about the time and some are put off by hardcore aspect.

If we all beg enough, Chris will host more races. I know this because it's a weakness in his personality, he's too nice!

Quickly, everyone get on the wagon.

Aside: What about ramping up the prize numbers so that players have a perception that they might win something? A real chance.

Especially in hardcore races, more people might participate. Does anyone not participate in events because of the very low chance of receiving a prize?

Sorry to all for being part of a group that takes racing so seriously that we almost ruin the chances for all other players. I like to win, but not to the point where no one else even bothers to compete.

Obviously I'd love for more people to be challengers - it's not that hard. If I can be good sure others can be much much better!

Just a thought I've been having about participation levels.
7:00 AM Sunday, June 10, 2012 AEST

Same time as last week. Thats ok though, Im liking the format of the event. Hoping I will do better this time, but I feel like since 0.9.10 it got harder, even though you said you didnt change the difficulty in normal. Though being hard is what makes it fun, so I dont mind =).
Yes I also feel the Prison is harder than the last patch.

And YES we NEED Many more events.

And YES More prize opportunities 3 of each class isn't enough. Big prizes are not needed.

AND the PRO's need to be "Handicapped" :)
I'm BACK :)
Yes, finally!

This week I can attend, everybody (except me) is watching football EM, so I'm finally free on a saturday. Friday evening would still be better, but at least this time I can join in.
I'll give this one a go, only participated in one other race before this.

One thing I never could figure out though, is how is it possible for people to gain levels so fast? I play through as quickly as possible, killing everything, and I see people at the top of the ladder 20+ level ahead of me in the same timeframe, lol
Finest Hardcore Gaming Guild ~Soldiers of the Wasteland~ sotwguild.com
Chris, i know i get boring with asking about cut-throat and pvp ,but can we have another event of it ,pls ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info