How many hours have you spent looking at the timer?

I gave up after the first two days, especially after the timer increased and just how many people signed up there is. I still check the site a few times a day though just to be sure.
I haven't closed this website in days now.

I get the marketing strategy, keep us around, build the hype, etc. Problem with that is... if the game sucks, I won't stick around regardless of how much time i spend checking back to the timer. If it's good, I'll stick around. Keeping the game in the back of my head constantly isn't going to affect either of those.

It's just making me CRAZY RAWWRRRAWRWAR I NEED A KEY NOW
Too many hours. Period.
Way too many times. At least I have youtube videos. /sadface
"
Nekrosis wrote:
I also bought a lottery ticket today for the first time, I figure if my luck isn't in this, then I'm going to damn well win 40 million bingos.
hahaha good luck!
Those who don't rise to the challenge are weak, but those who do are foolish.
Just so you guys know, you have less than 1/12 chance to get into the closed beta if you are a not a veteran(before open beta starts).

The math goes like this:

~58,000 accounts in lottery, at 1 winner every 35 minutes

0.00017% chance you win in any given lottery

1440 minutes in a day
41.14 lottery winners per day.

so 41.14/58,000=0.07% chance you win in any given day.

41.14x7=287.98 lottery winners per week

287.98/58,000=0.49% chance to win any given week

41.14x30=1234.2 lottery winners per month
1234.2/58,000=2.12% chance to win any given month

Closed beta ends and Open beta begins in roughly 4 months (i read that somewhere, correct if im wrong)

1234.2x4=4936.8 winners in 4 months (rounded to 30 days per month)

4936.8/58,000=8.51% chance to get into closed beta before open beta starts

(assuming constant rate of beta keys and constant rate of population ex every time a key is given out another person joins the site)

so you have like a 1 out of 12 chance to get into beta assuming about 58,000 accounts without beta keys was constant, when we can safely assume as the game gets more hype people will join this site faster and beta timer might take longer.

Sorry for long winded response but thats how the cookie crumbles. Don't watch the clock!
I play sc2 at top 0.1%, D2 casually few years ago, Dota for 7 years real tryhard, casual league of legends.

I love my beta key! Got some feedback about quest direction, projectiles, UI, and a lot of compliments about the art style.
to many i lost count
NF
"
MaRz wrote:
I check it practically every 35 minutes if I'm not busy

me too
Way too many hours.
I keep it up on my second monitor pretty much constantly. It's a bit sad, really...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info