65 Mara sucky char. Assistance would be appreciated.

"
Archie_McFap wrote:
I am (now) going for lightning strike, but despite elemental damage, faster attack, fork, chain, im struggling to keep dps above 900 which seems ridiculous for a mara at my lvl.

Okay, a few things:

LS projectiles don't benefit from "melee physical damage" nodes, so you might as well get rid of those unless you spend a lot of time meleeing things.

You also didn't take the catalyze cluster, which is awesome.

Your amount of life nodes is kinda low for this level.

Also, LS is kind of gear dependent. Being able to deal decent damage completely relies on having acceptable gear.

Static blows makes a HUGE difference to a LS build. You want it. Iron grip helps a lot too.

You're cutting your damage a LOT by using lightning strike + chain + fork. Remember that you can't rely on LS to hit a zillion times like LA does, so if it doesn't, all you're doing is fucking yourr damage over. What you want is pure damage supports:

Lightning strike + weapon elemental damage + faster attack + added fire + life leech
"
Archie_McFap wrote:

Still looks like a mess to me. Not awful but a lot of wasted points. Too many resist nodes, melee physical nodes. Not enough life. And you passed up IR. Use this for a LS build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3UjxkuJ-2sqnKpfNnz3VnzwBqQVaeEGjjsOFfid-UyiQSzFE0CcaIA8B9mnvrSNunjaiSqGYUdFI9G0NDPZVXGFm-boWe97m-nCLiTDH0Qf8aePfx8uCku8i-nMBQgUEcOPDpSns3SIVcN2WEB5zbo37-GYFYEYVKfy2CIKLXvTjIJQKAFLWBLeu907SFgdPGeuRjbQ5wOrSmlWK94DalutfJuqjJ-rpOmVzrhiPFN46xZ_o9VqZe0rLo=

This is what I use with a physical 2-hander. You can adapt this to a 1-hand purely elemental setup if you want, by leaving out iron grip, taking more elemental nodes, and maybe taking shield nodes in place of something else. You can run point blank if you like it. I don't.

You should spec out of BM in this build once you get enough sockets to run a BM gem on your LS without sacrificing much.
Last edited by realatomicpanda on Apr 20, 2013, 11:07:49 PM
u want a strong marauder? go ground slam/heavy strike or light arrow build,forget rest.

im a marauder fan, i try all builds,i have:

lvl 86 gs/hs marauder
lvl 80 light arrow marauder

atm lvling a light strike duelist(best char for ls)

i try ek and frost pulser builds, both sux,and yes, i have gg stuff for any build:

after try all builds,i can say 2 things:

best dps marauder build w good survival - light arrow

best dps marauder w high survivel - ground slam/heavy strike

of course,im talking about default leage.

but,if u really wanna play light strike marauder, first u need reroll.

ps: sorry my english

BaronCrovax ign.
Every 10 strength grants +2% Melee Physical Damage. That means only the DPS of your WEAPON is increased. Meaning that only your initial hit's damage will increase by 2%, but the projectiles will not be affected by added boost.

Increased/ Added "Physical Damage" however boosts everything involved, including the projectiles that come out of Lightning Strike. So yes, "Physical Damage" is much more important than "Melee Physical Damage" when it comes to skills like Lightning Strike.

It is still up to you how you would want to scale the numbers in your build though.
I have taken the pains to draft a build for you to try out if you like the idea of it. It is almost the same as the last one I have posted before. However, I'd like to mention that this build is a tad bit more complicated than just taking the Blood Magic Keystone. It is also built for the use of the Lightning Strike Skill Gem. As with any build, this one has it's flaws too, so feel free to change around to what you see fit. Do note however that I have calculated most of the things to make this build as "min-maxed" as possible.

BLOOD MAGIC LIGHTNING STRIKE AURA MARAUDER

<<Taking the fact that you carry a 6L 2H Mace and a 6L Chestpiece>>

Gem Combinations

First Main Skill: Lightning Strike + Faster Attacks + Added Lightning Damage + Lightning Penetration + Iron Grip/Point Blank [Whichever gives more DPS] + Blood Magic

Second Main Skill: Leap Slam + Concentrated Effect + Blood Magic + 3 More Gems That Might Fit

Auras
Determination + Purity + Wrath + Reduced Mana

You might want to run the Auras on the 6L and add Warlord's Mark and another "Non Percentage" Aura, and switch Purity to Vitality once you have capped your resistances. If so, switch Leap Slam to a 4L and just run it using Mana.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwCcQSzBS0LYQx9EH8UIBRNGJEZLho4GlUabBv6HOcg8CFVIWAl3yftKS4pTzB1MfsyCTKJOQ464UCgROdHfk3jUEdQUFRJVbVVxlcNV-JYY1nzXz9gS2BtYSFlTWe9ah5qO25pcql07XTxd-V4DXloeu982YKbgziE2YTviPGMBozPj0aQVZrMm6GdgJ2unrmezaIApBmkrKZXpwinMKeEqBipaKluq8WsWayqrLquk7XyuJO53b6KvqfAGsEExLjGnsbYz2XQR9DQ0iHV-Nlh3D3h2uLq5CLnUuw47m_vDu9O8i_z3fZI9779z_6P

The stats are as follows..

245% Increased Maximum Life, 5.4% Life Regenerated per Second, 2% Of Physical Attack Daamage Leeched Back As Life. More than enough Life and Regen to get you running with a Blood Magic Gem.

60% Increased Mana Regeneration Rate. From my experience, 60% is JUST enough to run skills repeatedly for a very long duration before the Mana Pool runs dry.

66% All Resistances [Fire, Cold, Lightning], 8% Chaos Resistance. Once you cap everything by the time you reach Endgame, you can forget about trying to get these mods on gear and look for mods that might help with DPS and such.

You might think that running I'm missing out alot for not taking Iron Reflexes. I choose to avoid wasting points to run for the Keystone, and instead choose to go Pure Armor and run Determination that is further backed up with Inner Force [Which ALSO boosts your other Auras!] situated near the north-west of the Passive Skill Tree, right below Static Blows. I personally feel that it is a waste of points to travel towards Iron Reflexes as it won't do much to benefit unless you're taking the two Leather And Steel nodes near the Duelist's starting area, as well as taking some Pure Evasion nodes. Of course you'll get more in return if you do this, but it uses too many points to get there, and I'd rather use lesser points to get something that will give similar benefits and still have some unused points to invest into other important nodes.

I wish to remind you again that you are are free to respec any points you might feel are out of place or unimportant, but also do be reminded that much has been done to "min-max" as much as possible, taking the shortest routes for the largest benefits.
Last edited by WMBRG on Apr 22, 2013, 1:53:46 AM
"
WehrmachtBear wrote:
I have taken the pains to draft a build for you to try out if you like the idea of it. It is almost the same as the last one I have posted before. However, I'd like to mention that this build is a tad bit more complicated than just taking the Blood Magic Keystone. It is also built for the use of the Lightning Strike Skill Gem. As with any build, this one has it's flaws too, so feel free to change around to what you see fit. Do note however that I have calculated most of the things to make this build as "min-maxed" as possible.

BLOOD MAGIC LIGHTNING STRIKE AURA MARAUDER
-snip-

you must've linked him the wrong build or something, because this one has

120 points
zillions of resist nodes
accuracy node in a RT build
mana nodes in a build designed to use BM gem
no catalyze
presidigitation and amplify... in a LS build??
no iron grip
no iron reflexes
flask life nodes

and the gem setup you recommended is... well, you didn't even include the weapon elemental damage support or leech. that's about all i need to say about that.
120 Points

I'd rather post the complete idea so he knows what the final product will be. "He'll reach Level 100 eventually".

Zillions Of Resist Nodes

"
I wish to remind you again that you are are free to respec any points you might feel are out of place or unimportant

The reason is also stated in the post.

Accuracy Node In An RT Build

I took Versatility for the 20 DEX and INT that it gives. A Level 20 Faster Attacks Gem requires 109 DEX in order to use. He can spec out of it or not take it at all once he gets the stat boost on gear.

Mana Nodes In a Build Designed To Use BM Gem

Mana Nodes in a build designed to run 3 Auras and "small-scale" skills. Running main skills using Blood Magic will leave more space for Regeneration to take effect

No Catalyze/ Amplify

Accidentally posted the draft before the final build. Fixed.

Presidigitation

As the build still allows skills to be run using the Mana Pool, having enough Mana Regeneration will greatly offset the likeliness for the Mana Pool to run dry too fast.

No Iron Grip

"
I wish to remind you again that you are are free to respec any points you might feel are out of place or unimportant,

No Iron Reflexes

I have stated the reasons in the post.

Flask Life Nodes

"
I wish to remind you again that you are are free to respec any points you might feel are out of place or unimportant

Gem Setup

Take it with a grain of salt. He can link any Gem that might fit.
Of course, he can respec any points he feels are out of place, and "he can link any gem he sees fit", but your build has so many things out of place that he might as well start from scratch. If you're going to give advice, it shouldn't be bad advice, and if you're going to say a build is min-maxed, it shouldn't be anywhere near as sub-optimal as this.

Your reasons for not taking IR:

"
You might think that running I'm missing out alot for not taking Iron Reflexes. I choose to avoid wasting points to run for the Keystone, and instead choose to go Pure Armor and run Determination that is further backed up with Inner Force [Which ALSO boosts your other Auras!] situated near the north-west of the Passive Skill Tree, right below Static Blows. I personally feel that it is a waste of points to travel towards Iron Reflexes as it won't do much to benefit unless you're taking the two Leather And Steel nodes near the Duelist's starting area, as well as taking some Pure Evasion nodes. Of course you'll get more in return if you do this, but it uses too many points to get there, and I'd rather use lesser points to get something that will give similar benefits and still have some unused points to invest into other important nodes.

just goes even further to show that you're speaking from a lack of experience/knowledge.

You don't need to take leather and steel nodes or pure evasion nodes to benefit from IR, and almost nobody does. Armor from IR benefits from regular armor nodes and from determination just like all the other armor you have.

Max level grace gives 1344 evasion rating. Inner force applies to that, turning it into 1747 ev. This becomes 1747 armor via IR, and your 100% increased armor from passives gets applied to it, making it 3494. Determination applies multiplicatively to this, which is 66% more armor at max level with inner force applied to it, so that 3494 armor becomes 5800.

So by passing up the grace+IR combo (only 4 skill points away), you give up a potential almost 6k armor.

And your reasons for taking mana nodes in this build don't make any sense. If you're running your attack skills off of life, what do you need mana for other than auras? Curses? You can run those off of BM as well. You might as well get rid of all the mana nodes completely and spend those points on life instead, which is infinitely more useful.
The main purpose of the build is to allow the character to run 3 Auras in the Mana Pool and some skills as well. Only the main skills will run with a Blood magic Gem, and in this case, LS. If taking Iron Reflexes seems better, go ahead. Like I said again and again, you are free to respec any points that you think does not fit. If anything, my post serves as a base that he can follow and tweak accordingly. I have also foreseen beforehand that the build has it's flaws and need some fine tuning, but it seems to work in theorycraft.

You can still remove all Mana Nodes and run a full Blood Magic Keystone Character, but can't run Determination or any other "Percentage Based" Aura, which in turn will make IR much less effective.

I do wish however that we can continue and learn from this thread and help out one another.
Last edited by WMBRG on Apr 22, 2013, 2:45:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info