Can't pick up items.

Ever since the patch I cannot pick up any items. My mouse works for everything else in the game, expect that. A bit disheartening to say the least. Anyone got a fix?
Last bumped on Apr 4, 2018, 5:25:35 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I just did a fresh install and have the same issue
Same here. Using unofficial mac port. Just did a fresh install and cannot pick up any items.
ign: OvenChicken, BradenHoltbeast, DuelistBetterThanShadow
I had the same issue, I could not walk either unless I held "W" or "Q". After almost losing my mind I finally stumbled upon the "Reset Defaults" button in the "Input" tab of the "Options" menu. It replaced three of the entries with mouse inputs and everything was good in the world again.

Terry
Are you all using Mac clients? That seems to be the common connection. We'll try to figure out why this happened; So far it seems to be Mac only.
Balance & Design
Windows 7 64bit here.

The only thing on my system that I would consider weird is my keyboard has a built in mouse, however I use a wireless mouse instead. I tried enabling/disabling the keyboard mouse but it didn't change anything.

Terry
I'am a windows user too(Windows 7 64-bit). and i have the same problem.
"
karrittop99 wrote:
Ever since the patch I cannot pick up any items. My mouse works for everything else in the game, expect that. A bit disheartening to say the least. Anyone got a fix?

This happened to a friend of mine (new to the game) as well. We were talking on Skype and he told me exactly the same. New character created and he couldn't pick up an item.

Maybe this is not the case for you, but for him the culprit appeared to be that his key-bindings were screwed up! I asked him to look in the Options at the key-binding settings, and at the mouse-buttons were incorrect values defined.

After he clicked on the "Reset to default" button, all worked as designed again.
I am having the same problem... I've tried the reset the binding to defaults, the problem seem to be that "mouse1" is greyed out and nothing can be set to that button. Is there something else I could try?

I'm using Ubuntu/WINE
Last edited by Zewbie on Jun 8, 2013, 6:08:03 PM
Maybe the last patch turned on the "pick up on key" or something of a similar wording in the gameplay options and you now have to press a modifier key to pick up items?
I use that all the time and can only pick up items when I press Alt.
... is not a troll

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info