Is there a way to build a super tanky Marauder but still manage to do decent DPS?

I was thinking about taking some points up to Butchery (I prefer using 2H) and then start building strength. If anyone knows the way, please point me to the direction. Thanks.
The problem with going towards butchery is that you take some nodes that aren't very good, like 6% dmg, 4% attack speed.
Lies! I got GCP every time I kill a mob with my mouth in JUST the right position! So now I just have to make sure I can make it to that position before the mob is dead each time. :-P
~CrystalisQualinthi
the general best way to be both very tanky and do decent dps is to use spells for your damage. they do decent damage without having to invest in damage nodes, and they also never miss, which means you can boost your damage with crits without having to take resolute technique, which is almost required if you go with a non-spellcaster
TLDR the key to being tanky and doing good dps is having really good gear and spending your points on life etc.

With a 6 linked marohi erqi and maybe some +phys and attack speed on your gear you can easily achieve 9k+ dps leap slam / ground slams without any passives spent on damage.

Here's my old leapslam marauder's tree. LS did around 9.5-10k before I sold all his gear.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDjwPzBLhFCAUTRRxFm8ZLhmFGjgdFCSqJ-0otS3SMgkyiTbpOlI62DrhPC1AoE3jUEdQUFRJVcZWBFcNV-JYY1nzXz9gS2CIYVJmnmo7cql07Xbnd-V6uHrve4x82YM4hmCI8YzPj0aQVZHOns2fy6IAouqmV6ZkpzCnhKloqW6sWayqrpO18rc-ud3AGsT2xq7G2MmYz2XQ0NIh1I_ZYd7B37_jauSt51LnY-w47w7vTu988B_yL_JF8932SPe--tL-Cv6P

You shouldn't take butchery for endgame, but if you have enough life it might be ok for leveling. Generally speaking the tank side is a much better start.
Last edited by Apolyon34 on Apr 20, 2013, 2:22:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info