Marauder 1h Sword+Shield, Resolute or Not ?

Im thinking, what will be better for 1h sword + shield, Resolute or Accuracy/crit ?

I made this build for Resolute, what you say about it, and if you think accuracy/crit will be better, can you give me good build for it.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYYz38fLgpLnuMIQIq9ueu5FEwGXA-oLTqGFW1ns2nMPe-Z5vUjxkuJ-3z3ayqcql82Xy7xYrwHwSzFE0UIFBHFHEOPDpS37-GYFYEYVIbqojtbUqBOmCIVamXtKy6KLXvTjIJQKAFLWBLeu907YTvm4NT31jbrK-E2SXfG_qkGWVNR34hYHTxn8vUUgbul3BjFxjbQ5wOrSmlFHXB2HRBVvr8xWegh3ZKfbcXOJbuDtfLt9M94kpTlWZI7niuG63BB9d-NDU0OAMnAf8j9u_wWkiiALT5I03KkFnzwBqQVaeEOtjsOBo4QDZEcoTE

Im Using 6l Chest, and main reason i go for Resolute is cause if i go accuracy/crit i need to spend passive at critical chance(arround 8 passive, not inc points to get there), and still crit chance will be arround/less then 20-25, but multiplier will be 180-200 ... Have sense to go accuracy, and lose arround 8 passive, when i get pure dmg in there ?
Also with accuracy build i will need to use accuracy gem, which at 20% gives 40% crit chance and more then 1k accuracy, but as 1h+shield i can use only 1 item with 5-6l, so this will be great waste, what you think ?
So far im thinking to use my 6L Chest for Double Strike and Cleave inside with following support: Mele physical dmg, Faster attacks, Life leech, Multistrike.

This is a great debate for me, and cant decide so i hope you can help me.
Thanks in advance guys.
bump.
b
B
Few advices:

1. Dont create a build for 120 points. Create for max 100 points. Its hard enough to achieve 85 lvl.
2. You have so many wasted points there, like going for that big shield node close to your start point. Also u then go down spending 4 points instead of going down from the left side.
3. Resolute is unfortunately must have for any melee besides shadow. You need to invest around 15 points in critical nodes to make it more effective than simple atk speed or dmg nodes. Most melee chars just cant afford that, and also accuracy sux.
4. You have way to less hp nodes. For melee at least +200% hp is obligatory, recommended 250-300%.
5. You have very few resistance nodes, as melee u need to cap your elemental resists at at least 80%.
6. Swords aren't the best choice. For one hand build I strongly suggest to play with axe. They have the best damage with no accuracy/stun bonusus which in my opinion aren't usefull for your build.
7. Decide what type of damage will you be mainly deal. It's very important to plan your tree for physical or elemental dmg.
8. Very important and crucial thing in my opinion. Don't go blood magic. If u have 6L chest its better to drop double strike for bloodmagic gem. Then u could put some useful auras on your mana pool, especially determination.
9. Finally why would you play single melee weapon build :P? Without really superior gear it would be very hard and slow.

However I created some build according to my own advices :P.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_Pfx8uCkuVEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7fPdrKpyqXzZWfPAGmaeqZVRYHB9T32AVpBVp4QaOOw4OthN2Ix2BLPwHxRNAnGiAHuMIQIq9ueu5FEx-7T5gzjvfJ2A-tI26eNqJKoZhR0Uj0YzlnM_QYxMNSjF877Q0M9lVcYWb_3Ppwi4kwx9EH_GnlfiMol35Z2uiLo1gDEBGjLZYVcN-6qgtPMG0iGezXbnpzD3vhQgUEct0pHOxPY8LQz36dXGrv4K8kXnY5uhZ73ubw==

You are getting +29% block chance, +55% all resists, you can use purity and determination easily get 83% all resistances. If u can use shield with high block chance you will get around 65%-70% block chance which is awesome. You will block most incoming hits, with 83% resists you will survive elemental hits, over 220% life bonus will keep you alive.
Most important gear for you:
1. Very high phsysical dmg weapon with lighting damage to shock foes.
2. Very high armor type shield (more that 1k) with good block chance (30%+).
3. Shield, Armor and helmet should be in pure armor. Helmet might be armor and sth.
4. Your gear should be focused on +Max hp, +chaos res (that can kill you), elemental res arent that important as you will get +55% from skills and +35% from purity, so u can get missing 53% from gear easily.

How to play:
1. Auras. Purity+Determination on mana as core. Optionally Hatred on mana pool. In very late game u should be able to also run Tempest shield, +4% block chance is very high if u have 65% already.
Auras kept on life, Wrath and Anger. Wrath is more important, you want to shock things. Dont use Grace, you don't need evasion, you need hp.
2. Skills. If u want to use cleave you will need axe or sword. Links: Cleave+Bloodmagic+Life gain on hit+Multistrike+More Melee damage+ Increased AoE or Weapon elemental damage or Faster attacks or Item quantity.
Single target, If you really need to use it, make Heavy strike+Melee dmg+ Bloodmagic+Multistrike/weapon elemental dmg/Faster attacks/Lifesteal.
Curses. Use Warlord mark for groups, or Vurnelability for weaker groups or if u are that strong, linked with bloodmaigc and possibly faster casting or increased duration.
Utility. Enduring cry, Decoy totem, Immortal call linked with faster casting if possible. Bloodrage if u have enough chaos res (50%+)
3. Bandit rewards. Normal +40 HP, Cruel Attack speed, Merci Endurance charge or Frenzy charge (if u are ok with blood rage) or skill point.

Well I wanted make a short post and I made whole guide huh. Maybe I would try it one day, looks very tanky and funny with cleave I must admit.
Sorry for bad english its quite leate there atm :P.

Last edited by CookieVortex on Apr 20, 2013, 12:30:35 AM
Thanks a lot for the explained post. I get the picture.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info