Defector From Diablo 3

The main reason I left D3 was this: they've adopted WoW style player progression -- that is, you must get gear from higher difficulties than you are currently completing in order to reach those higher difficulties.

In Diablo 2, you could naturally progress through the difficulties using skill and tactics. Along the way, you would obtain the gear necessary to continue on, with some possible grinding for gear along the way. Generally, though, you would find items sufficient for your build, or items worth enough to trade for items of your build.

In Diablo 3, once you reach inferno, you must begin endless grinding to obtain items to sell on the AH. Then you use the gold from that grinding to buy gear that will get you through Act 1 and part of Act 2 inferno. But after halfway through Act 2, the gear required to make the game enjoyable requires massive amounts of gold. You spend hours kiting elites and dying. And its not because I was undergeared -- I had a wizard with 800+ resists (with prismatic shield up), 30k health, and 35k damage, and yet there were some mob affix combinations that simply ate me alive no matter how much I kited.

Add to that the fact that the scaling in inferno makes it so that playing inferno with friends is counterproductive unless they are overgeared, and the game just becomes a lonely, tedious endeavor.

Im not one of the trolls complaining about server stability or the AH being down -- its a brand new game with millions of players, so I understand that they need to work out the kinks that they couldn't identify in a small beta. But the core mechanics of the end game just aren't anywhere near as enjoyable. Its like they designed the game to encourage players to only use the AH for getting geared, most probably with the RMAH in mind for their cut of all profits. This is what I'd expect from a F2P game, not a full retail game.

So that is why I'm leaving. The game was designed not with their fanbase in mind, but with profits above people. That is not the way a gaming company should work, and anyone who continues to support Blizzard is encouraging all that is wrong with the gaming industry.

That being said, I'm only 12 levels into PoE since last night, but I can honestly say it beat my expectations so far. The quality is superb for an indie studio with a small workforce, and I can see this growing into a large community with a long shelf life if development continues in the direction it is. And anyone who donates to GGG is encouraging all that is RIGHT with the gaming industry.

That's my two cents.

Now back to the game! :D
"
xreasonz wrote:
"
Chupachup wrote:
I just joined up as well. After much deliberation between where I wanted to throw my money I opted for the little guy. I have a feeling when D3 drops in price I might pick it up but for right now it I am happy supporting GGG. It is amazing to see such a small company work so hard for its fans.

heya ! and welcome overboard !

Tbh with you, once you played this game, and you would go to D3

I honestly can tell you its gonna be an awefull experience
D3 as it is now is a shallow as it can be, and comming from a game like Poe, its gonna be a real deal breaker

i say stick with poe, it offers so much more

(god i sound like a fanboi) but its the truth

been playing D3 since launch and the more i played it the more i felt something(s) wasnt right

many core feature that where in D2 are lost, the need to hunt gear is lost, the need to improve is lost, it has become a dull, bland and shallow experience, i like to call mini wow

anyways sorry for my rant, happy to have you aboard (or overboard?)

Thanks for the input. My plan is to wait it out until the starter kit comes out for D3 and see how I feel about it. I doubt I will change my opinion though.

From gameplay vids and customer reviews alone I see a lot more positive feedback here.
I also left Diablo 3 after all the issues I had with it. The horrible storyline, the servers, the hacking, the gameplay itself, etc.

Heard about this game yesterday and just got my beta key today :)

This game looks infinitely times more promising than D3, and I can't wait for it to finish installing. See you guys in-game :)
Welcome self Exiled-Diabloers!

Just to remind you, keep in mind, remember that, don't forget to remember, make sure to recall correctly, that this is still beta, there will be bugs, the game isn't finished, it will get bloody repetitive. But still fun. So hopefully there won't be wa wa was of n0obs getting their pink panties wet about how incomplete and reptitive the game is. But still fun :)
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
there will be fun! enjoy
See you in cutthroat!

...and if you have one beta key left, i have a many friends that are waiting to play PoE.
Confirming that some folks need affirmation that they've made a "good choice".

Myself? I enjoy both games! *shock* *gasp*
Wanting to try this game out since D3 is going to wear out really fast. Should I wait for the open beta or pay the $10? I thought that the open beta would be out by now....
Standard Forever
Sorry, we already have one 'I came from D3!' thread on this board, and that's the limit. This semi-necro'd thread, whilst quite cool and neat, must be moved for now.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
The itemization in Diablo 1 is 500 times better than in Diablo 3.

U can customize ur characters in Diablo 1, u actually have to level up skills by doing skill book runs (by resetting the game) In diablo 1 i actually like to find a unique item, but in D3 i just dont give a shit.

In d1 the graphics are not cartoony.

I would rather play D1 than D3, but of course D2 has way more ingame content than D1.

Still, its very sad that i would prefer a game from FUCKING 1996 over a game from 2012

SRSLY WTF??????????
I played 250 hours of Diablo 3 and it is a terrible game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info