How do you describe PoE to your friends?

Here was my latest attempt:

It's like D2 if it were made today (lots of loot), with a passive skill chart that looks like the one in Final Fantasy 10 (on crack), and instead of getting magic and skills from the skill tree you get them from gems that get socketed like "materia" did in Final Fantasy 7, and instead of using gold there's a really creative crafting system that comprises all the currency items.
Diablo III if it was done by the Diablo II team.
There's a small mistake in that though. Torchlight 2 was done by the Diablo 2 team.
I could say "diablo 2.5" :D
"
There's a small mistake in that though. Torchlight 2 was done by the Diablo 2 team.

I will reveal a fact that nobody knows for you: even the first Torchlight game was created by Diablo II team!
"
FLYBAT wrote:
"

I will reveal a fact that nobody knows for you: even the first Torchlight game was created by Diablo II team!

that is true

thou i dont think ill be going with Torchlight 2
to me the cartoony look isnt a +

but i know looks are only a part of a game but ill be sticking with PoE thank you very much :D
If you wish for a key? pray to the allmighty Keysus. If you want a speedy Blessing? Donate to the church of Keysus and ye shall receive a Blessing.

*Disclaimer- This is now a vintage saying*
It's like you mixed Diablo 2 LOD with Nutella and then sprinkled bacon on top...
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to always tell the difference.
I don't. I think my PoE experience and my 'friends' are forever separated by some strange chasm.

This is okay by me, I've made plenty of PoE-friends to play with and chat at. Or maybe it's the other way around.

Most of my friends are still on That Other Game, and those that aren't are now so jaded against ARPGs it would be a very bad move to introduce them to PoE right away.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
It's like a d2 but free
Its like Titan Quest meets Diablo3 meets a unique Skilltree and Item system

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info