Unable connect to instance

Since the recent patch uploaded today I've been unable to play with any of my characters. Trying to load any characters results in about 20-30 seconds of loading the town and then I'm returned to the login screen with an error reading "Failed to connect to instance"

Nothing has changed since I played 5 hours ago EXCEPT the new patch.

I've tried forwarding all the ports mentioned in other threads with similar problems, and I have tried turning off my firewall/anti-virus.

Update: 11:10pm PST 4/18
It magically worked after I gave up and changed nothing for about an hour.

Update 2: 10:19am PST 4/19
This morning it started giving me this error again. I haven't changed anything. I'm becoming incredibly frustrated.

Update 3: 10:59am 4/19
There seems to be no context to getting into the game other than stop trying for a while, cry or something to pass the time, and then try again and it will work.

I was able to play for about 20 minutes before getting an "unexpected disconnection" error in the middle of an instance.

The recent patch notes turned this up "We have standardised the TCP port that the game uses for instance server connections to one that is less likely to be affected by packet shaping. This may improve network performance with some ISPs." Which seems to also cause problems for some people.

This change may have, in fact, caused more problems than it fixed, and I hope this change gets rolled back to the way it previously was, or dedicated players such as myself will be unable to play this game.
Last edited by Xalus on Apr 19, 2013, 2:01:00 PM
Last bumped on Sep 13, 2017, 10:16:19 PM
I am having the exact same issue. I've run the pack check, and have also done a full reinstall. Still no luck. Any ideas?
Nope. I've tried everything posted by GGG in previous threads about it. Nothing works. It has something to do with what they changed in the new patch and I'd like to know what it is.
Cant login here either. No information in login screen about servers being restarted or anything.
After giving up frustrated an hour ago and doing nothing since, I just tried playing again and it MAGICALLY WORKED.
I'm getting this now...haven't had this problem before patch as well.
IGN: OldManSpice
I'm getting this too. Looked through the patch notes, and found this:

"We have standardised the TCP port that the game uses for instance server connections to one that is less likely to be affected by packet shaping. This may improve network performance with some ISPs."

I'm deployed at the moment, so my ISP blocks most ports. Whatever they changed it to makes me unable to play the game now.
I have the same problem. I think it has something to do with with the new TCP port thing.
If someone from GGG can address this it would be great.
I woke up this morning, once again, it's giving me this error.

This seems completely random, nothing has changed since I played last night.
Tried a VPN, it worked but I couldn't bring myself to play suspended in e-liquorice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info