Season Two, Event 15: 90 Minute Ancestral Solo

Finished lvl 20 templar, I'm proud since this is my second race! (watched streams though)

Hailrake had some nasty totems with it, got frozen 4 times total, almost died couple times.

In fact, my hp dropped to below visible status several times in that race.

Auto-crit totem + fire + cold + haste anyone?

My mistakes/points to improve: magical jade amulet = orb of chance, don't forget to level up fireball (trollololo)

Merveil things that cast temporal + freeze you are really dangerous
IGN: TimeForSpectralThrow / iLikeShockNova
Last edited by Daxtreme on Apr 23, 2013, 2:59:45 PM
In season 2, under 10% of participants are getting point awards above tier 3.
i.e.
In this specific race, 8-12 and 13-18 = over 90% of participants.

The level-based reward scheme is basically reversed, awarding huge points (and the majority of "lotto tickets") to a very small number of players. It's exacerbating the wealth gap.
Since the top 20 of each class already has additional award bonuses, the thresholds and points for level awards should incentivize broad participation - not primarily award the top.

The majority of points should be accumulated at the lowest tiers, with much smaller increases for being in the top 1-10%. The thresholds are too high as well. Only 8 participants got to 23, with a significant gap between #8 and #9, and the top witch and marauder only got to 21.

My incentive to participate in races was higher in season 1. Season 2 is not rewarding enough for 90%+ of players.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
I agree with Vhlad above. I participated in solo 3 races, and got 2 points. When I reach 7 points and get the lowest season prize, I won't have any more incentive to continue playing races. Unless GGG will change something...

A bigger participation in races should be encouraged. That means, that casual players should have a chance to get something nice without hours after hours of races' grinding or just dying and getting nothing, and quiting with frustration, never to come back to races. In the first solo race (2h.15min) participated 1605 players, and today (90min) only 946 players, and previous solo races of this season also below 1000 players. Less and less...
Last edited by Bhaya on Apr 23, 2013, 3:44:29 PM
Started too late and had to end in less than 1 hour of playing.

chain from hillock
bow from hailrake (found other, worse, rare bow in submerged passage)

13lvl - 3 points, 4 in total
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Apr 23, 2013, 3:36:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info