Distinguishing Buffs and Debuffs From Other Effects

I've noticed plenty of people have been confused on the defintion of a "Buff" or "Debuff". I think it would be easier to tell the difference if their icons were visually different somehow, like giving them differently shaped borders. For example, Buffs and Debuffs could remain squares, while status effects like Chill, Freeze, Burn, and Shock could have a pentagram border, and Charges could be circles.

I think coding buffs and debuffs and effects like this would make it easier to tell at a glance what is affecting you as well.
Last edited by Strill on Jun 1, 2012, 2:25:17 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Or perhaps a small up arrow or down arrow in the corner of the icon to help further differentiate the types. It's simple yet effective, many games use this method.
"
FaceLicker wrote:
Or perhaps a small up arrow or down arrow in the corner of the icon to help further differentiate the types. It's simple yet effective, many games use this method.
I don't mean to differentiate between buffs and debuffs. I mean to differentiate between buffs/debuffs and effects. Charges, elemental status effects, and certain other things such as Adder's Touch are not consider buffs or debuffs, which is confusing for people who pick up Buff/Debuff related passives.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info