Season Two, Event 9: 1 Hour Solo

Qarl heard us!excellent,now we just must return players confidence and will to compete which the system before completely trampled,and isn't stopping for sure.why should top guys which get all the rewards already should steal ..likely all the odds to win for casuals,newbies,players who just trying out race..those will surely get disappointed by wasting hour and getting completely nothing in exchange.the top players got 95% to win those bonus reward which they surely ain't gonna use because their stash is already stuffed with way tougher and rarer gear.
Looking forward to this one, 1hr solo races are my favorite. I hope to get to at least lvl 15 or 16
Hardcore for life.
"
Qarl wrote:
Edited to reduce the low rewards, 8 for 1 point, 12 for 3. I'll update the other races soon.

This is better, but still a pretty disappointing point structure. The distribution of points is still very top-heavy, awarding a tiny proportion of the top players more and more for each level while lumping the majority of us in the 1 and 3 point categories.

The first full clear and first quest completion awards still seem mostly pointless - 2 points for first to kill Hillock is a cool little bonus, but the rest of them don't reward you nearly enough for the long detour from an efficient racing path. If they ever became remotely popular, the fact that only one person gets the small award for each goal means most people will get nothing for their effort.

Since it seems there is agreement that the current reward tiers need to be rebalanced anyway, I think this is the perfect opportunity to rethink the whole point structure for races (note: I'm not proposing any changes to account-wide points and prizes, those look great this season; I'm just talking about how the point awards for each player in each race are determined).

Here's my proposal: combine the level, quest, and full clear awards into a single system. Leveling up and completing specific objectives will all increase your "race score", and you will get a number of points based on your total score at the end. If GGG wants to get fancy, they can make each level worth 10 points and make each objective worth a different amount. To keep things simple, though, each level and each objective could just be worth 1 point.

The first to clear bonuses could even stick around as a cool side bonus, but everyone would be encouraged to consider fitting these quests and full clears into their racing plans if they can complete it quickly. Ideally, with the right numeric balance, this would be an on-the-fly decision based on how well-equipped the character is for that particular objective.

Whether this idea is implemented or not, the point cutoffs need serious work. Most players go into a race almost sure that they will get the lowest or second-lowest reward tier, which takes all the urgency and much of the fun out of racing. Instead of having a possible 1 point tier that is super easy to get and a 3 point tier that is around what most people end up at, then a ramp up of points for the top few percent of racers... Have more even cutoffs between 1, 2, 3, and 4 point goals.

Off the top of my head, if I were to rebalance the point goals without changing the overall reward structure, it would look like this:

Level 8-10: 1 point
Level 11-12: 2 points
Level 13-14: 3 points
Level 15-16: 4 points
Level 17: 5 points
Level 18: 6 points
Level 19: 7 points
Level 20: 8 points
Level 21: 9 points
Level 22+: 10 points

Another problem I have with the current system is that the point values per race are so low; if an average player was getting, say, 10 points per race instead of 3, it would be much easier to balance rewards in a way that ensures every level gets you at least 1 point for the level range where most players will end up. This would obviously require changing the point cutoffs for season-wide prizes, but it would open up a lot of options for introducing granularity in race rewards.
Just to highlight the problems of the current point system... The reward for reaching level 15 in this race is the same as the reward for reaching level 15 in a 90 minute party race. 50% more time, and you can play in a party and trade. The current point system is both very stingy on the low end and very inconsistent; the combination is quite frustrating.
i hope they add two races at same time solo and party
my english sux.
"
C1111 wrote:
i hope they add two races at same time solo and party

yep - noway solo can compete with a party
"
Taggrip wrote:
Level 15 for the 3 point reward?

Looks like I'll be stuck with 1 point max per race this season.

dude you can farm the ledge to level 12 in an hour with AoE
I think the bonus clear reward should be per class... no one can compete with a shadow on killing hilcok
I think they messed up and used the point structure from the 90mins race.

normally its 13points the cut off for 4pts.
9-12 is the 3 points.
You got the rewards after getting the points or after the season ends ?!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info