All these afks

I swear 95% of the people the timer picks have no post on the forums, and their last login was the same day as their signup -.-
I want to be the very best, that no one ever was. To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause! I forgot the rest of this song, but it's the shit, so don't judge me, I just love Pokemon!
yeah its really frustrating
The best thing is give the key to other people, if he people don't use it in X time.

;p
Some people just don't like forums, so they have no reason to log in to the site. It's very common for online games to have only a small portion of their player base active on the website. It's certainly nothing to discriminate about.

Those people have shown an interest in beta testing, so they deserve a chance just like those who joined and posted on the forum. If they didn't have an interest in the game, they wouldn't have made accounts.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Yes, you can say that for some, but I think it's obvious that a large percent of the people that haven't logged on since. Or just totally forgot about this game.
I want to be the very best, that no one ever was. To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause! I forgot the rest of this song, but it's the shit, so don't judge me, I just love Pokemon!
Or spam accounts like the last person: ghyfcvgh who's last log-in date was the exact same time as their signup.. T_T
A good game isn't about the graphics or how big it is. A good game is one that you play for hours yet seems like minutes.
I check each day and read the forums to glean what info I can. I dont post anything unless I feel like saying something or have a question.
"
soulmuncher wrote:
Yes, you can say that for some, but I think it's obvious that a large percent of the people that haven't logged on since. Or just totally forgot about this game.

If you check that box to automatically log you at each visit, your last log-in date won't update.
-You can't spell slaughter without laughter-
"
soulmuncher wrote:
Obvious, based on what? That's nothing more than an assumption with no backing.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Not logging in does not mean that somebody does not check the website/forums or is indifferent about the game, because you are only required to log in if you want to make a post, which many people don't feel the need to when they have no access to the game yet.

Not giving non-forum posters a chance would be unfair to those who don't post yet care, which there are many of (probably as many as there are inactive or indifferent people). In fact, their chance of getting a Beta Key is already ten times less than the ones of forum posters.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:

I'm going to steal and paraphrase my post from a previous forum thread about this.

You have no evidence that those people aren't visiting the site regularly, and we have data from looking at ips viewing the site that suggests a lot of them are.
Visiting the site and logging in are NOT the same thing. You can't just look at an account, see that it hadn't logged in, and then say they haven't visited the site. The only thing you need to log in to do is post. People can, and do, come visit the site and read the forums without ever logging in.
All you know about accounts like that is that they haven't logged in, and therefore haven't posted. NOT that they haven't been visiting the site.
And we do get people who don't log in and post until they get in, and then start posting and giving useful feedback.
In addition, it's confirmed that for some people, if they set the site to keep them logged in, their last log-in time does not update - because they never logged out, and thus never technically logged in again - they just came back and were still logged in.

Restricting the beta timer to only people who have logged on or posted recently would be unnecessary, detrimental to the beta, and unethical.

It would be unnecessary because it would involve work on our end for no real gain (and some loss).
It would be detrimental to the beta because the point of the beta is to get feedback to help improve the game. To make the game as good as possible for everyone, we need feedback from as wide a variety of people as possible. Making the proposed change would severly skew the kinds of people who get in to give us feedback towards those with lots of free time or who enjoy posting on forums, meaning we wouldn't be getting feedback from other kinds of people which would be relevant to helping make the game good for them too.
It would be unethical because we explicitly told everyone that signing up means you have a chance at the beta and you don't need to do anything else. Changing that now would be going back on our word and showing extreme disrespect for fans who've been following the game for a very long time. We already get lots of threads like this one where people make unfounded assumptions about others and how often they visit the site because they feel more entitled than others to something they were never promised. Imagine how much worse that would be if people were complaining that the fair chance they were promised and to which they are therefore entitled had been taken away from them?
Plus, going back on our word like that would just plain be a dick move, and here at GGG, we try not be dicks.

"
soulmuncher wrote:
Or just totally forgot about this game.

That's not a problem. If they get chosen by the timer, an email will remind them of the game.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Last edited by dust7 on May 31, 2012, 3:44:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info