New Weapon types forthcoming?

Hey all. For you guys who have been around a lot longer than I I'd like to pose this to you:

I play a "standard" two-hander almost pure str marauder. Not all that inventive but I love it nonetheless!

I've noticed now that the passive skill tree LOOKS immense at first but a lot of it is weapons specilization. I don't have a problem with that but now that I'm in the second difficulty I'm finding that the new types of axes and maces I'm finding are fun...BUT ...

What would be more fun and make the passive tree continue to explode in size, in a good way, is to add MORE weapon types. I'd like more options for weapon specialization, other than axe, mace, sword.

I read on the forums the devs might add more. I know this is closed beta, so I'm hoping you all can shed some light on this to see if I just didn't hear about upcoming weapons additions?

One of the great parts of this game is the fact that different weapons do different things. I don't want more weapons for their own sake, I'd like to see them continue the specialized nature.

Flail's and morningstars come to mind. The could be subcategories of variations of existing weapons.

You could have an entire class of Japanese weapons to specialize in. For one thing they're cool as all get out, but since they are renowned for their sharp edge they could offer some performance advantage in that regard. Maybe they'd require some str and dex mis requirement?

I'm not creative enough to come up with anything earth shattering, but just wanted to give at least one example of what could be done.

Any news of any such animal in the pipeline?
The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason: Read it, live it and prosper!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info