Do potential cash shop items already exist in the game? I have one example...

Some of you may have seen in the latest screenshot from the upcoming Act 1 encampment redesign the fact that the Witch in it is wearing a shiny blue crown/circlet. This has been confirmed as a possible cash shop item. Exciting stuff, but not really my style...

I was goofing around in early Act 1 when I decided to randomly zoom in on Fire Fury's corpse. It was, after all, still moving. Sort of.

As it turns out, SHE has these VERY cool glowing, molten stones that rotate around his right hand, even after he's dead. Here's a really bad screenshot of them:

I think these would be seriously cool to get on the cash shop...and they already 'exist.' My pyromancer would gladly have a pair of these around his fists...

This has me wondering: what else have people seen in the game on mobs or npcs that they'd like to be able to purchase for their own appearance? Any spell effects, animations, gear maybe? Particle effects, perhaps?

Edit: I need to look more close at people's chests, it seems.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on May 30, 2012, 5:56:16 PM
I would love to see them added and other variants too.

Like change the rocks to a semi opaque purple with a smooth glass-like texture and change the flame particle effect to a soft purple haze. I would buy one for each character I make then...
A good game isn't about the graphics or how big it is. A good game is one that you play for hours yet seems like minutes.
Last edited by Wuzlo on May 30, 2012, 8:29:17 AM
That is the type of stuff that will tempt me to spend my points. Moving/animated stuff always catches my eye!
*WARNING* - expect typos!
Fire fury is a witch so it's "she".

Imo the legs looks even cooler than the hand.

Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
"
zriL wrote:

Just because the witch is a girl doesn't mean all casters/witches are girls. It just so happens that the RP role the POE character has is female.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
zeto wrote:
"
zriL wrote:

Just because the witch is a girl doesn't mean all casters/witches are girls. It just so happens that the RP role the POE character has is female.

Pretty sure FF is a female, though. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
True, perhaps I misunderstood the premise... witch aka the class type = she... which doesn't have to hold true for others, unless we're talking semantics that a male witch is a warlock.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
Male Witch is a Witcher. :P

PS. I have one important question about cash shop iotems like this one or blue crown from Patch Screenshot....

Will they by Character bound or Account bound? I really hope for account wide purchases and account bound cosmetic items, so i can give this molten orbs to my marauder when i start one (after i get bored with my pyromancer) without spending another 5$.
Last edited by Kabraxis on May 30, 2012, 4:35:53 PM
I’d like to see items like these be per character if they are cheap. They could offer both options, have a cheap per character price and an account wide price.
RIP Bolto
If it's any consolation, my girlfriend is occasionally correcting me on gender recognition even in real life...

I agree, now that you point it out -- those legs look great...!

Covert: I've been contemplating this. I think cash purchases will be account wide, given that pets are. BUT I sort of hope not, because of course character-locked cosmetic purchases would make GGG a lot more money and totally within their ethical sphere...
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info