[3.22] The Immortal - Super Extremely Tanky Forbidden Rite Guardian - ALL BOSS - ALL MODS

INTRO

I’ve renewed and reworked an old build, with the aim to make it immortal and 100% HC viable. It’s a build I love and I’m currently testing and doing all map bosses in Standard Crucible, all deathless.
This is the first build which brought me to end game without random one-shots. Can face tank anything, from Elder to Eater of World, and will continue testing all the end game bosses.
I will continuously update the PoB as soon as I find any improvement to the build

GENERAL INFO

Current Stats
  • 18k ES
  • 75k Armour
  • Max Block
  • 86-90-87 resistance
  • 3k regen
  • 1,5k ES on block
  • 1,8k ES leech
  • Freeze, Shock immune
  • 50% reduced effect of Curse
  • 100% flasks on
  • 9 auras on
  • 3,5M dps vs Pinnacle Bosses

PROS AND CONS

Spoiler

Pros
+ Immortal We stack a tons of defensive layers, once I’ve set up everything, dieing can only occur in extreme situation
+ Easy to play Once you wear all the needed uniques and cast all the auras, you’ve just turned in a 1-click build. Can be eventually turned into an autocaster
+ Map mods immune The build is reflect immune. No regen map are not a big problem, just bring a couple of mana flask with “Gain X Charges when you are Hit by an Enemy” prefix. Any other mod is not a big problem considered the defensive layers. Consecrated Ground provide us 50% reduced effect of curses on us.

Cons
- Damage is on the low side 3M dps against Pinnacle Bosses is not the best.
- Clear speed Clear speed is slow: small range, limited movement speed.
- Cost To reach the numbers above, we need several expensive items. But there is a cheaper version aviable in the PoB section.
- Gem slots Running 8 auras + Tempest Shield and Defiance Banner provide us limited gem slots for utility.

BUILD DESCRIPTION

The build is all about survivability. We have an huge Energy Shield pool, over 18k ES, with over 86% to all resistances, max block and 75k armour. All this leads to an EHP of 227k.
In order to achieve the above tankiness all we have to do is to stack Strength. It is also our main source of dps.

Energy Shield
Thanks to Shaper’s Touch and Geofri’s Sanctuary that strength is transformed into a ton of Energy.
Picking Radiant Faith from our Ascendancy provide us addition Energy Shield based on the amount of reserved mana.
Discipline adds Energy Shield and reserves mana, which will give us additional energy shield.

Armour
Along with the gear, Determination is the main source of armour.
Granite and Basal flask with the ”Flagellant’s” prefix boost our armour even more. That prefix allows our flask to be always full of flask charges, the enchantment “Use when charges reach full” makes flasks always on.

Block
Aegis Aurora, Glancing Blows, Arcane Guarding and Divergent Tempest Shield provide us 75/75 block.

Resistances
We use all the 3 Purities in order to cap our resistances and increase our max cap.
Aegis Aurora provides +5% to maximum cold resistance.
Prismatic Skin and Soul of Steel passives provide additional +3% to max resistances.

Energy Shield Recovery
Aegis Aurora grants 2% of armour recovered as ES on block, which is 1,5k ES on each block.
Crafting the suffix ”of Draining” on any of our “Flagellant’s” flasks grants 0,8% damage leeched as ES. In my case I constantly leech over 1,8k ES.
Zealotry and Sulphur Flask grant 100% uptime Consecrated Ground; Vitality and Regeneration passives provide 3k ES regen/sec.

Immunities
Chaos Inoculation makes us invulnerable to chaos damage.
Soul of Brine King grants immunity to freeze and 50% reduced effect of chill.
Tempest Shield makes us immune to shock.

Damage
Forbidden Rite increases its damage based on 5% of maximum Energy Shield. This spell couples perfectly with this build.
Even if no dps passive are taken from the tree, Strength provide an huge boost to the dps of the build thanks to Iron Will Notable.
Doon Cuebiyari also boost our dps thanks to the mod “1% increased damage per 8 strength while in main hand”.
Thanks to this we reach 3,5M dps against Pinnacle Bosses, which is enough to clear all the bosses.

POB LINK

Spoiler

Very Expensive
This is my current lvl98 in Standard Crucible with a very expensive gear (Attributes and Defenses Eye of the Greatwolf)
https://pastebin.com/jJT7P4Ef

Expensive
The following is my previous lvl97 with a decently expensive gear
The build has 15k ES and 3M dps
https://pastebin.com/kg7vEWky

Cheap
The following is a “cheap” version which doesn’t rely on end-game gear, which are substituted with cheap uniques or easy rare gear. You run less auras, but still easily reach 10k ES, and above 80% to all resistances.
Just focus on getting as much strength as possible and craft less mana cost on your rings if you have mana sustainability problems.
https://pastebin.com/NJz21qQf

VIDEOS

Spoiler

I will keep loading all my videos here

Shaper Maven Witenessed – Full Facetank
https://youtu.be/EgKf_KDDIjY

Eater of Worlds - Deathless
https://youtu.be/99sSRVxGb5s

Cortex Lvl83 – Facetank everything
https://youtu.be/BZ3nwty1daE

Purifier – Extra damage, no regen
https://youtu.be/zORv-4JVY7A

T16 Strand corrupted unid + 100% Metallon
https://youtu.be/ytR5napck1w

UPGRADING THE BUILD

Starting from the “Cheap Version”, the first real boost to our build is buying the Forbidden Flame/Flesh Jewels with Sanctity of Thought. This will give more Energy Shield and a slot for an additional Aura.

Second item to grab is an Helmet with +x to Level of Socketed Aura/AoE Gems” and use Eater of World’s Ichors to add additional Mana reservation efficiency. This makes us run all the aura needed.

Third survivability improvement is the Impossible Escape Jewel with “Imbalanced Guard” mod. This will allow us to bring Prismatic Skin and Soul of Steel saving a lot of skill points.

Another expensive improvement to the build is buying the Eye of the Greatwolf with Attributes and Global Defences mods. Doing so will probably force us to buy a ring with a lot of dexterity on it. But it’s a worthy improvement.

CHANGELOG

3.22 introduced an interesting feature to the build (Guardian Ascendancy) which is the Summon Sentinel of Radiance.
While we lose the charge generation (Harmony of Purpose rework) and curse immunity (Time of Need rework), we gain this Sentinel which take 20% of damage from hit we receive. This should be estremely great against 1-shot.

OUTRO

I’m more than happy to answer your questions, as well as hear all your suggestions and improvements to the build!
If you are playing anything similar or this build, let me know!

Last edited by Effe86 on Aug 25, 2023, 4:13:45 AM
Last bumped on Dec 12, 2023, 2:42:41 PM
I can't seem to get my ES over 10K I followed the build to the tee pretty much. Only thing i couldn't get is the watchers eye with the convert mana to energy shield and im at 6.2k.
how did you level this build before maps? how is the map clear speed?
"
I can't seem to get my ES over 10K I followed the build to the tee pretty much. Only thing i couldn't get is the watchers eye with the convert mana to energy shield and im at 6.2k.

Hey! I'm currently at 17.5k ES, but went for Eyes of The Greatwolf. Before that is was at 16k ES (Lvl97)
And you should be able to easily cross 11k with the "cheap" PoB.

Can you post or PM your PoB?
I'll give it a check if you want!
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
how did you level this build before maps? how is the map clear speed?

I've turned CI as soon as Lvl 66 (Shaper's Touch and Geofry level limit) and switched to Forbidden Rite immediately (was leveling the gems in second weapon slots).
I'm playing in Standard Crucible, so i just levelled up with Reap/Exsanguinate without spending passive skill points in life.
If you are playing HC, i'd suggest to boost your life and armour first, the switch to CI when all the gear is ready.

In Maps I play alone (don't have friends playing PoE) and speed is mediocre.
As i said in the first post, Dps and clear speed are not top notch.
Movement speed also is not that great, (boots are 20%...)

Anyway solo in T16 my dps is good.

Max Boosted Crucible monsters are the ones taking me more time to kill them.
i'm tempted to try it but i'm worried about the clear speed...it seems to have small AOE so clearing a map would take too long....maybe you can show a video?
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on May 24, 2023, 12:42:23 AM
Hi I tried the build and wonder at what point I took the wrong turn?

I have 162 mana without vitality and hardly get to cast.
Damage doesn't really seem to be there either.

Do you have any idea what I need to change for this?

https://pobb.in/1gzit1I7Hvga

Thx in advance.
"
Gecko145 wrote:
Hi I tried the build and wonder at what point I took the wrong turn?

I have 162 mana without vitality and hardly get to cast.
Damage doesn't really seem to be there either.

Do you have any idea what I need to change for this?

https://pobb.in/1gzit1I7Hvga

Thx in advance.

Ok. Your problem comes from the lack of explanation of the cheap version of the build (I've just upgraded that PoB to make it more "straightforward").

First you need to anoint Charisma (to increase your unreserved mana) and take "Righteous Decree" (templar tree, on the left of Sanctity) in order to increase your mana and reduce the mana cost of your skills. It's 2 skill points (go from the left and don't start from Sanctity). You can eventually drop Divine Shield and 1 jewel slot.

Second you have to craft "Non-Channelling Skills have -7 to Total Mana Cost" It's a 4c craft so affordable. If you lack the craft, PM me in game, i can craft for you.
If this gets too much of a bother (you have to buy/craft 2 new rings as yours have no available slots), you can either go from Sanctity to the right (start of Templar tree) and take the mana regen node.

The above are the "structural" changes you can make to sustain the mana cost of your skill.
You can also use the "No regen map" approach which is to sub 1 or 2 flasks with Mana flasks with the prefix "Gain X charge when you are hit"

Please consider that "cheap" version is an entry level version. And needs to be upgraded. First upgrade which will incredibly boost your build is the Forbidden Flame/Flesh jewel combo with "Sanctuary of Thought".

I'll enhance the "guide" in the first post with "Upgrade the build" section, which will describe the "milestones" for upgrading the build
Last edited by Effe86 on May 24, 2023, 6:17:55 PM
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
i'm tempted to try it but i'm worried about the clear speed...it seems to have small AOE so clearing a map would take too long....maybe you can show a video?

Unfortunately i've listed the "clear speed" as one of the main cons of the build.
It's not extremely slow, but is not fast for sure.

I've bought a bulk of T16 unidentified corrupted Strand maps.
I'll record one right away and link the video in the main post. No words can describe better than a video.
Keep in mind i'm not aware of the mods in the map...
Thx for replying and here's my POB.

https://pastebin.com/m4qihwMW

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info