Debunking the idea that Orbs are in any way superior to Gold

To be more clear, the ground rules for vulgarity have been laid out as such:

You can use vulgarity in context on a general subject. You cannot use vulgarity as an ad hominem attack on another individual while discussing things.

You cannot rampantly swear your heart out... people do get probation for that as well.

"
They need to design the system to fit reality, not try to do it the other way around.

As to this quote... I'm not sure that should be the case. This is a game.. a fantasy game where the system design and rules are attempting to force a particular fantasy reality. These considerations are enforced in a few places within the game thus far... and while it might be foreign and semi-uncomfortable for some players, they do not have to conform the system to reality when their entire goal is probably to create a reality out of a system.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
Sickness wrote:
"
saki04 wrote:

The reality is that there are people who are accostumed to the monetary systems and simply can't get rid of it due they need a scale to measure their wealth compared to other people.

That's why trading works.

Nope.. trading works simply due both parties have their own demands. The enforcement of monetary rules are pretty much needless on this particular scenario.
"
They need to design the system to fit reality, not try to do it the other way around.

In reality no system fits. Humans will ruin every system put into place unless they decide to do what is best for that system (which is rarely the case). I mean a set currency is certainly working for Greece, am I right?
They said I was mad! They said it couldn't be done! But now who's mad?!?!
You will be surprised in future how this trade system will resemble reality :-) When economics fall apart, you will be stuck with no monetary system, just trade. A chicken for bag of potatoes... :-)
IGN: Mayon
__________________________________________________________________________________
Never argue with stupid people,
they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Mark Twain
"
blacksource wrote:
You will be surprised in future how this trade system will resemble reality :-) When economics fall apart, you will be stuck with no monetary system, just trade. A chicken for bag of potatoes... :-)

Haha, very true.
I for one would much prefer a gold system as not knowing what something is worth is major block on trading.But what is worse is having to use items i need for my character as gold is terrible basically you cant use any of the good orbs in case you need them to trade.

Ill give a real in game example of the reality for the orb system as it stands. Player A has a nice bow to ,trade player B wants that bow 1 hour later they give up on the trade, not being able to agree on a price as the buyer didn't have the 20 yes 20 attack speed gems the seller wanted he didn't want any of the orbs the buyer had to trade with now if we used gold....

Also allow us to get ALL the orbs from recipes please.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
"
maxor wrote:

Ill give a real in game example of the reality for the orb system as it stands. Player A has a nice bow to ,trade player B wants that bow 1 hour later they give up on the trade, not being able to agree on a price as the buyer didn't have the 20 yes 20 attack speed gems the seller wanted he didn't want any of the orbs the buyer had to trade with now if we used gold....

take your same example and replace orbs for gold.

so the seller wanted 100k and the buyer was unable to haggle the price down, after an hour they give up.

your example fits both systems. your item is only worth what someone is willing to give, deals fall apart all the time in gold based systems as well so your example is not proving what you think it does?
~SotW HC Guild~

"
maxor wrote:
I for one would much prefer a gold system as not knowing what something is worth is major block on trading.But what is worse is having to use items i need for my character as gold is terrible basically you cant use any of the good orbs in case you need them to trade.

You are assuming that the person would trade for gold instead of insisting on getting the 20 attack speed gems still.
Spoiler
"
Wittgenstein wrote:

(btw, recently a moderator referred to you as a "noob" and while I didn't edit his post, I did point out that it was a childish thing to do and that he had no reason to say it.)

I was actually referring to xxnoob as 'noob' -- I've a habit of shortening people's names when it seems to be the 'heart' of their name. From now on, where there is any chance of such a tendency resulting in ambiguity and misunderstanding, I will refrain from such a practice.

I never have and never will call anyone on here a 'noob'. Seriously -- not only am I a forum mod, I've shown a little more eloquence in denigration than that in the past, haven't I? ^_^
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Spoiler
"
Wittgenstein wrote:

(btw, recently a moderator referred to you as a "noob" and while I didn't edit his post, I did point out that it was a childish thing to do and that he had no reason to say it.)

I was actually referring to xxnoob as 'noob' -- I've a habit of shortening people's names when it seems to be the 'heart' of their name. From now on, where there is any chance of such a tendency resulting in ambiguity and misunderstanding, I will refrain from such a practice.

I never have and never will call anyone on here a 'noob'. Seriously -- not only am I a forum mod, I've shown a little more eloquence in denigration than that in the past, haven't I? ^_^

Plus, Charan is a noob! :P jk

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info