Looking for help on marauders.

I have been playing on and off with marauders since open beta. I love them because they remind me of a barbarian in the diablo series. Even though I am very flexible when it comes to playing a character and can play almost any class and play style. I still stick with basically melee barbarian type classes.

So what I am looking for is the following a good overall marauder guide. One that is good for those either new to the game (me) or new to the class. It gives you the basics along with some ideas as far as the type of builds that would be good for a marauder.

Right now with all of the active skills, support skills, and passive skill tree. I am not certain which melee path to pick.

The type of build that I am looking for is one that is does good damage. Along with having a good amount of survivability. One that can clear trash and bosses. So I need strong single target as well as strong AOE attacks. Mainly a solo friendly build. You see I am the type of player that loves to play solo while I am learning the game. It is because I would not want to be the cause of anyone dying due to me being new to a game. That is the type of person that I am. I try my best to be considerate towards others when I am in a game and playing.

When I feel that I know what I am doing then I will gladly jump in and help others that need the help.

The guide would also have to provide some basic tips on gearing up for marauders as well.

Also I am the type that has at times tried out the builds of other players just to get familiar with the class in question. More so when I am a new player and unfamiliar either with the game or the class.

Can I make a powerful marauder build that is pure strength based?

I have in the past played around with the skill tree and have noticed that the armor master node seems to be missing.

Would someone mind telling me where the armor master node is at right now in the current tree?

To further show how new I am the last time I played there was only 110 skill points IIRC back in the start of open beta. But now I see 120. Did we get a level bump? Where the max level is higher than it was during the start of closed beta
Last edited by DoomCarpace on Apr 16, 2013, 2:20:47 PM
Just checked the patch notes for patch 10.2 and noticed it was removed and backed into a couple of skills that would put it beyond the reach of most marauders.

I still would like help finding a good guide for marauders so I would know whether or the build that I am thinking about will work. I have ideas but I am not certain if the passive skill build that I have chosen will work well with the skill gems that I intend on using.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info