Mud flats glyphs

Hello,
there is an issue that if a one player before joining a party collects the glyphs other players can't go into the submerged depths because they don't have the glyphs. I think that if one player has them then the quest should update for all. no?
thank you.
If a nest is opened, the glyphs appear for every player. Every player individually should pick up every glyph. If you joined the party after a nest is opened or were not in the area when the nest was opened, it probably didn't appear for you. I don't consider that a bug tho.
Don't read my signature!
There is a five minute grace period that starts when a nest is opened. During this time, new players joining the instance will have the corresponding glyph spawned for them. If they join later than that, it won't spawn and they will need to play through a new instance.
Code warrior
"
Rhys wrote:
There is a five minute grace period that starts when a nest is opened. During this time, new players joining the instance will have the corresponding glyph spawned for them. If they join later than that, it won't spawn and they will need to play through a new instance.

Maybe I miss understood the player.

"

if a one player[resectioned for what I read]collects the glyphs [before joining a party] other players can't go into the submerged depths because they don't have the glyphs

Player A has done the Glyph quest or atleast kicked the nest and gotten the Glyphs.

Player B comes along and decides he needs a team.

Player B enters the Mud Flats with Player A.

Kicking the nest yields no Glyphs as this has already been triggered previously by Player A at some other point.

Player A can enter the Submerged Depths but Player B cannot cause he still lacks the Glyphs.

Present Solution is that Player B has to disband, Enter his own Instance of Mud Flats and complete this part without Player A.

Thats the way I understood this situation.
CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Ram : 4GB Kingston PC2-6400 5-5-5-18
Mobo: Abit KN9-Sli (NF570-Sli chipset with Realtek Audio)
GPU: ATI HD4670 1GB
HD: Maxtor 20GB - OS - Seagate 500GB - Games / Storage / PageFile
Network / ISP: Wired / Cox Cable
"
Player A has done the Glyph quest or atleast kicked the nest and gotten the Glyphs.

Player B comes along and decides he needs a team.

Player B enters the Mud Flats with Player A.

Kicking the nest yields no Glyphs as this has already been triggered previously by Player A at some other point.

Player A can enter the Submerged Depths but Player B cannot cause he still lacks the Glyphs.

Present Solution is that Player B has to disband, Enter his own Instance of Mud Flats and complete this part without Player A.

Thats the way I understood this situation.

In that situation:
If, once partied, Players A and B go to the same instance that Player A already cleared, Player B will be unable to collect the glyphs there.
In a new instance it should all work.
Code warrior
Ah. Thanks for the clarification.

Now I hope I saw it the way he meant it :)
CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Ram : 4GB Kingston PC2-6400 5-5-5-18
Mobo: Abit KN9-Sli (NF570-Sli chipset with Realtek Audio)
GPU: ATI HD4670 1GB
HD: Maxtor 20GB - OS - Seagate 500GB - Games / Storage / PageFile
Network / ISP: Wired / Cox Cable
"
Ah. Thanks for the clarification.

Now I hope I saw it the way he meant it :)

You did. :)

So as i understood, the full party should reenter the instance for the glyphs to reappear for other party member?

Because there was a problem that after we disbanded the party the "Player B" couldn't get the glyphs no matter how long he waited or reentered the instance alone. I don't know if he got them in the end, because after an hour he gave up.

I know this situation is probably very rare, but it was frustrating to say the least.. I think that if one party member has the glyphs and the others don't want to reenter the instance and clear it out again, why couldn't it update the quest for all?
Last edited by leovante on Jun 16, 2012, 3:04:50 PM
If the glyphs don't appear for someone, then waiting/re-entering will NOT help. They partied/joined too late, so you will need to create a NEW instance (ctrl-click the transition or waypoint).
Code warrior

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info