Hey can my crappy computer run this game

"
DeF46 wrote:
I played for several days on an old Macbook Pro with a Nvidia 9400M. It was well above 30 FPS with Shadows off, Vsync ON. It had 4 GIG memory though.

The game is very well optimized. Shadows and Anti Alias are the first things to turn off.

I wouldn't disable vsync because that creates ugly tearing when you move around... but some people just don't notice it so YMMV.

It can be a bit long to bootup, on an older computer. But once in game the loading times between zones are fairly good.

If you could upgrade anything I would suggest to add 2 GB if you can, if only so Windows spends less time swapping memory around.

Well yeah if you consider 30fps "ok" then yeah, maybe it can run it with all the options off and at a low resolution. But consider that his OS is VISTA.
"
Khodar wrote:

"I know nothing about computers."

Listen here, a NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT has trouble with League of Legends.

If (IF) it does run Path of Exile, the game will be extremely choppy and you will not get a good experience out of it.

i love how your point in this post was that the graphics card i have has troble running LoL even though on my computer right now is LoL and i was playing it perfectly fine

i also played WoW,Eden eternal, RoT, vindictus, etc... with no problem except being around alot of people then i just lag (also aion, rusty hearts,Rosh, Combat arms, repulse and yes i know that some of my examples dont take much to run but just felt like saying it) (and with wow i dont lag)

Edit: btw the only games i lagged in cause of alot of people where vindictus and dragon nest
Last edited by twotails12 on May 28, 2012, 7:24:41 AM
"
Khodar wrote:
Well yeah if you consider 30fps "ok" then yeah, maybe it can run it with all the options off and at a low resolution. But consider that his OS is VISTA.

A stable 30 FPS is enough to fully enjoy this game, and I emphasize stable. Not dipping in the 25's whenever I use skills. I say stable because I don't remember the exact number but I know in dungeons it was easily in the 40's that's why I consider it was fully playable and enjoyable on the 9400M.

Mind, I used MSI Afterburner I think for a small overclock, and LubbosFanControl to make sure the GPU doesn't get too hot (it was in the 85 C I think).

It certainly doesn't look as good without the PostProcess and Shadows but the game doesn't suffer too much from it. I mean it doesn't look like a P.O.S when you disable them.

Point is, I did play on it for many hours while I was "couch surfing" with a friend. It was fully playable and enjoyable.

I wouldn't want to play like that exclusively, because the laptop gets really hot and the fan makes noise. But that's the old MBP and his laptop may handle that better.
"
Khodar wrote:
But consider that his OS is VISTA.

Sorry I missed that. I played it on Windows XP.

I think if it makes a difference it's mostly that he should get 2GB RAM for a total of 4GB.

AFAIK, there are loads of things you can disable in Vista, if he wants to do so. He could disable Aero, for starters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info