[3.22][SSF] Power Siphon/Kinetic Blast Cold Wander Raider

Haven't had success crafting a wand yet, also still working on shield.

Overall, I feel kinda meh when in comes to damage and survivability in the late game (t16+ maps), could you have a look and see if there's anything obvious I've missed or in general give some pointers what to work towards? I league started late and haven't had a chance to put that many hours in yet (glad they are doing a longer league ;P).
Last edited by Chiisato on May 20, 2023, 4:19:01 AM
"
Chiisato wrote:

Overall, I feel kinda meh when in comes to damage and survivability in the late game (t16+ maps), could you have a look and see if there's anything obvious I've missed or in general give some pointers what to work towards? I league started late and haven't had a chance to put that many hours in yet (glad they are doing a longer league ;P).

Your defense is almost where it should be, you're still missing a bunch of life, you're only at 3.5k. Your damage is about 1/5th of what I had with my SSF character (no Aul's Uprising, only unique being Darkray Vectors). Vengeant Cascade would be the next big upgrade for you, as well as the gear I've mentioned before. At this point you just need to upgrade your gear step by step, and eventually you should be able to triple or even quadruple your current damage. Good wand, shaper shield, rings with added cold damage and blizzard crown make a big difference.
"
100purified wrote:
"
Chiisato wrote:

Your defense is almost where it should be, you're still missing a bunch of life, you're only at 3.5k. Your damage is about 1/5th of what I had with my SSF character (no Aul's Uprising, only unique being Darkray Vectors). Vengeant Cascade would be the next big upgrade for you, as well as the gear I've mentioned before. At this point you just need to upgrade your gear step by step, and eventually you should be able to triple or even quadruple your current damage. Good wand, shaper shield, rings with added cold damage and blizzard crown make a big difference.

I guess your luck or something rubbed off, got my amulet, wand and a ring change done today.

Regarding the wand I have now, I was thinking about doing a yolo null and hope I hit freeze and then multimod it but maybe there's some other way to approach it? Thanks for the advice ❤️
"
Chiisato wrote:
I guess your luck or something rubbed off, got my amulet, wand and a ring change done today.

Regarding the wand I have now, I was thinking about doing a yolo null and hope I hit freeze and then multimod it but maybe there's some other way to approach it? Thanks for the advice ❤️

Your wand looks great now, I wouldn't risk annuling it at least until you have another similar one. I'd just craft max attack speed on it and be done with it for now, focusing on other gear.
"
100purified wrote:
"
Chiisato wrote:

Your wand looks great now, I wouldn't risk annuling it at least until you have another similar one. I'd just craft max attack speed on it and be done with it for now, focusing on other gear.

Fair point, I'll focus on trying to get a blizzard crown and shaper shield next. As for getting my life up, I'm trying to focus on leveling so I can get herbalism on the tree, besides that anywhere else I can squeeze life in? Hunters chest I guess in the future.
"
Chiisato wrote:
Fair point, I'll focus on trying to get a blizzard crown and shaper shield next. As for getting my life up, I'm trying to focus on leveling so I can get herbalism on the tree, besides that anywhere else I can squeeze life in? Hunters chest I guess in the future.

You can eventually replace The Taming when you get a good ring, as well as your amulet. For your Blizzard Crown, I advise speccing your atlas fully into Ritual, Especially with cheaper reroll favours node. This makes farming for it much, much faster.
Last edited by 100purified on May 21, 2023, 3:33:47 AM
Any tips for returning player about build, haven't played since delirium and first time ssf also.
Everything Else seems straight forward about gear, tri res, life, flat dmg etc thru essence craft..
But how you craft your gloves and wand? Gotta say this build feels better for my playsttle than any other wander build i've tested last years haha :D
"
jereppi wrote:
Any tips for returning player about build, haven't played since delirium and first time ssf also.
Everything Else seems straight forward about gear, tri res, life, flat dmg etc thru essence craft..
But how you craft your gloves and wand? Gotta say this build feels better for my playsttle than any other wander build i've tested last years haha :D

Best way to craft your wand are essences. The gloves are best crafted with harvest speed reroll, as it guarantees attack speed mod on every roll.
As for tips - level with some bow skill, up until level 60-70 and only switch to wands whenever you get two 4 links and a decent wand, otherwise it's going to be an unpleasant experience. Leveling as a wander is a torture in ssf.
hello, first of all, really thank you for this build. the build is what i looking for a decade. :)) i tried to write so much information but in half i decided to remove them to not tire you. so, i built your build with a small budget to not being disappointed. for now:

t16's hard, i thought kb's dps so low so i got a thunderfist
bosses and some rares one shots
can't do abyss, expedition etc

could you please list what i do wrong and what should be done? i will appreciate that. and i have about 25d budget to dedicate this build. thank you in advance.

character name is: poop_sock

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/freakydouche/characters
https://pobb.in/QHAeAA2sIBbM

note: only running grace and precision right now
Last edited by freakydouche on May 26, 2023, 2:46:14 PM
"
freakydouche wrote:
hello, first of all, really thank you for this build. the build is what i looking for a decade. :)) i tried to write so much information but in half i decided to remove them to not tire you. so, i built your build with a small budget to not being disappointed. for now:

t16's hard, i thought kb's dps so low so i got a thunderfist
bosses and some rares one shots
can't do abyss, expedition etc

could you please list what i do wrong and what should be done? i will appreciate that. and i have about 25d budget to dedicate this build. thank you in advance.

character name is: poop_sock

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/freakydouche/characters
https://pobb.in/QHAeAA2sIBbM

note: only running grace and precision right now

The survivability problem that you're facing right now is caused by no physical damage reduction at all. You need to run Determination for this build even at the cost of Grace to reduce physical damage. Well rolled flasks with %increased evasion and %increased armour will also help you survive. Also your chaos resistance is kind of low, but that's your second priority after armour. You're also not suppressing spell damage too much, you're only at 40%.

Your KB damage problem comes entirely out of no pierce - you need at least +2 pierce from your gear. This usually comes from a craft on your helmet and a eldritch prefix on your gloves. If you can't get that, then for now I advise allocating Piercing Shots on your tree. Damage of KB doesn't come from how hard the skill hits, as much as how many explosions you can overlap, and you can't really overlap any if you don't pierce your enemies.

You should fix these things and then check how will the build operate, it should be much better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info