WARNING: THESE TRADES MAY BE UNSAFE

Just get on and create an opt in self found league already with no trading.

Where the game can flourish, feel rewarding, with viable crafting and none of the umpteen game destroying byproducts of a free trade economy.
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
The problem with this, now, Chris;

Is that you more or less just told scammers to fill their boots with this.

No, by clarifying GGG's stance on the matter and clearly stating it is "at own risk" he just said stop filling our inbox with complains concerning this issue GGG wont help and is sick of the complaints...

this in its self should show it is a major issue (i doubt GGG saying you are allowed to scam would show an increase) and rather unwise to do, that is if you care about your goods at all.

Edit: and +1 to the post above me
Last edited by Srafty on Apr 16, 2013, 12:29:56 PM
"
Srafty wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
The problem with this, now, Chris;

Is that you more or less just told scammers to fill their boots with this.

No, by clarifying GGG's stance on the matter and clearly stating it is "at own risk" he just said stop filling our inbox with complains concerning this issue GGG wont help and is sick of the complaints...

this in its self should show it is a major issue (i doubt GGG saying you are allowed to scam would show an increase) and rather unwise to do, that is if you care about your goods at all.

Edit: and +1 to the post above me

I meant how a would be scammer would interpret the message, rather than how Chris meant it.

-_-
Casually casual.

I remember way back in CB GGG seemed to be strongly against this variety of trading. Saying that there would be no connection between softcore and hardcore trades.

To me this seems like a very odd move. I would've assumed GGG would be discouraging if not banning people who participate in this kind of trade. As a hardcore only player, the fact that other people may be able to farm currency more easily and convert it to hardcore is a little disturbing to me.

For example, because currency drops are purely relative to the number of mobs you kill and your item quantity bonus, you could potentially farm the same zone in early merciless without ever receiving a reduction to currency drops due to overlevelling the zone (you can suicide your character to remain at the same level).

It's not that it's a big deal; honestly it doesn't really matter. Mostly I'm just surprised that GGG is even on board with this.

If you want it to be discouraged, prohibit it. Remove threads and timeout accounts posting things related to this sort of trading.

If you want to support it, implement a system where players can trade safely.

Why flip flop in between?
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll-
@Faith_And_Steel
Edited : ^ This ^ &...
So why even have a forum devoted to it if you consider it unsafe and would rather not support it? just nix it altogether... your sending mixed signals by leaving a place for people to make the trades knowing they are likely to get scammed and they should only be doing these trades with people they know which in turn would not require a forum...

????
I always complain that were not given enough options but this one just isnt logical :P heh
Last edited by Obbes on Apr 16, 2013, 4:46:15 PM
The leagues are separated, no need for GGG to provide anything for trade safety. Tade at own risk, it is not that hard to understand.
I hope GGG starts to hand out temp-bans for creating threads about getting scammed.
"
Pacman12 wrote:
"
L4gY wrote:
NEVER FIX THIS.... KEEP SOFTCORE AWAY FROM HARDCORE, TNX!
The Hardcore economy will get FUCKED if they made a trade system...
Hope you all get scammed :)

I agree with everything but the get scammed part haha. Hardcore becomes much less hardcore when you can just let loose in softcore, gain currency, transfer it to hardcore, and then roll right through hardcore with your softcore bought gear. I like that there is this element of risk for those who decide to use softcore to fund their hardcore.

you can't transfer currency to HC.

There has to be someone in HC with that currency to give to the SC trader to begin with.

How it works:
Person A gives 2 exalted to Person B in SC, Person B then gives 1 exalt in return to Person A on HC.
Person B got that 1 exalted by grinding/playing in HC, the currency was already there, it just shifted players.

Nothing was gained only shifted, hope you guys understand, I see this wrong argument a lot.
★ IGN: Pinockio_the_Transexual or PM me on forums ★
Yeah. I got scammed once. But my first transaction with a trader was a success. I figured that my second transaction would be the same. Its my fault for not being careful. Luckily, I managed to do a third transaction with another trader, and it was also successful. Not everyone is a scammer.
Permanent Hardcore only.
Last edited by Rafurion on Apr 16, 2013, 8:07:53 PM
You receive many complaints per day because you don't do anything about it. There is no incentive not to scam, because there is no risk of punishment, especially if the player uses an alternative account.

Is it really so hard to investigate scams and ban offending accounts + all accounts associated with that IP/location? It may be "many complaints per day" at first, but this will drop to almost 0 once you crack down and potential scammers actually have a deterrent.

PS. a minor help would be to provide more information in profiles. i.e. (1) how old the account is, and (2) what their highest level character is. This would be very useful information to use as a reference, so players can at least have enough information to avoid trading with dummy accounts.

Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
Maybe we can all come up with a system where is able to do these kind of trades safe. I was thinking in something like coupons where you can trade all kind of currency into coupons in game and you have the coupons in hardcore and softcore so the basic idea would be this:

I want to trade my 10x Orb of Alchemy HC (Player A) to 20x Orb of Alchemy SC (Player B)

Player A goes to vendor in HC with his orbs and does (for example):
10x Orb of Alchemy + Scroll of Wisdom = 10x HC Alchemy Coupon

Plyer B goes to vendor in SC with his orbs and does (for example):
20x Orb of Alchemy + Scroll of Wisdom = 20x SC Alchemy Coupon

Coupons are HC and SC but they can only be traded into real Orbs in their own league. (HC or SC)

Player A trades player B (coupons)

I think you might get the idea.

this is so stupid. i can just steal your coupons....
IGN: Fataiity

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info