point me in the right direction plz

This is my first serious attempt at a character in poe.

I've gone in not really knowing the game, and obviously I am going to have to re-roll to get things right (barring luck with a passive reset), but for now I am trying to make him work.

I'd like to get into a few maps and get a feel for what the end game is like and try to have some success in working within a party.

The build was heading towards an elemental melee (before I realized how badly melee is implemented in POE) and now I'm thinking I should settle down with infernal blow / melee splash, but I'm not certain if my passive tree will support something better.

I'd like help just having someone look over my passives and maybe suggest any other types of attacks + passives that might work better for me.

I've used up all the regrets I've found so far, as well as, all my quest rerolls through cruel.

I can try back-tracking a little with what I can get in merciless, but it wont be much - please keep that in mind.

I also do not have great gear, but if obtaining one or two uniques would make a build viable, please post with that information as well.

Thank you all in advance for any help you can give.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswYOCfYOPBQgFE0UcRkuGYUaOCSqJa0n7SkuMok26TpSPQ89_ETnUEdQUFRJVw1X4lhjWfNfP2P9Zp5qO3Kpdud3YnflfLh82X31gziMz5BVns2iAKcwp4SsqrndwBrEFcT2xtjSIdSP2WHfv-dS7DjvDu988B_yL_Pd9kj60g==

Cheers
Last edited by Godfeast on Apr 15, 2013, 9:25:11 PM
You're such a low level at the moment, i dont see why you felt the need to respec. It takes maybe a day to get back to the level you're at.
Personally, i would follow one of the more popular guides on these forums until you get a feel for the passive tree. They all have a basic layout with the biggest difference being BM or aura builds. Also you don't mention if you're playing HC or default.

Just looking briefly at your build, im not sure you need those arsonist passives yet (or at all) and i dont think i'd take those armor nodes in the Marauder starter area. I personally think a splash/infernal blow build would look very similar to a LS build, minus static blows. So if thats what you're doing and you're going BM, keep heading down over to Iron Reflexes. You get a nice attack speed node, diamond skin, endurance charge and Max Life % loop along the way.
"
Mastodonic wrote:
You're such a low level at the moment, i dont see why you felt the need to respec. It takes maybe a day to get back to the level you're at.

Maybe if youve been playing since day 1 - this character took me about two weeks to get to 55.

thanks for the other info though.
Ive only been playing a month. At the moment it takes about 8-12 hours to get to 40+ in hardcore. You burn through normal in a few hours with pickup groups and should be in cruel around level 30-32. Once in cruel, you do ledge runs in Act 1 to over level the act, fellshrine runs in Act2 to overlevel the act, then dock runs in act 3. Buy a Shiversting, a 2 handed unique sword you can use at 14 that will last until ~35. It allows you to single shot almost everything besides rares/bosses in early levels. If you have a few chaos orbs, you can by a Geofri's Baptism maul that replaces the Shiversting at 27. That maul will last you into the 50s.

Get 2 good levelling weps, save good lower level rares for new characters. Over-level yourself at ledge-fellshrine-docks. Once you've done it a couple times, it's exactly like diablo 2 used to be. One area in each act to grind levels and then progression is fast and easy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info