Crit builds not really viable/Resolute technique a must?

Has anyone NOT taken resolute technique, and does not have a horrible %hit percentage in merciless?

I want to create a crit build, but as I approach level 30, and my accuracy approaches 70% to hit, Im starting to wonder if there's enough skill points to go around..

Truth is doesnt seem like alot of skill points left, im burning 85 skill points just to reach crit skills on top left and deadeye/dex on bottom right, and vaal pact for instant leech. Even if I did grab deadeye, would it even be enough accuracy to hit anything? That is the question.

Some people have said, get more accuracy/hit on your gear, but with almost 85skillpoints used up to get crit skills, vaal pact, 2% life leech, a few nearby health nodes, and deadeye, doesnt leave much room to get +resists

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxtglJ11JZ5vUjxkuJ-3ZYayqVw1Z89Ihkc7AGp7Nu-1mnhb5pzAX6vrSiDgB5_tFHRSdijboJOGPRlivZKOBSXgNGlWyOKluYSFmT7XyTeOHahLhrpOsWZBsplcqOP6PqZQ64YTZiPHKkGVNbmlHfr6n0k3AD9XtapMZtMrTLOndDVs9qwtyw8wG97653e8O51JUSVhjUFCMz_ZIe4whAjTyqXM5DiFVMfs=

^ This just shows me wanting crit skills, vaal pact, and branching right for deadeye talent..is not a final draft I did it quickly to reach out to the key ending nodes
Last edited by oreo1981 on Apr 15, 2013, 1:04:24 PM
"
oreo1981 wrote:
Has anyone NOT taken resolute technique, and does not have a horrible %hit percentage in merciless?

I haven't tried it, but with low dex such as marauders commonly have, you'd definitely have to invest into accuracy to be able to keep a decent chance to hit. Possibly with accuracy rating bonuses on gear, accuracy passives, and maybe an increased accuracy gem. I'm not sure how many of those you need, but the bonus on the gem is pretty big. It's probably not enough to bring you from 70% up to 80% on its own though.

And unless you're also investing into crit, it's just not worth going down that road. You end up having to work far harder on achieving the same result, and still have the downsides of crits screwing you over on reflect mobs and not being able to leech reliably from enemies due to missing attacks.

That's not to say a non-RT melee marauder build isn't doable. It's doable.

I looked at your planned build and it needs more life nodes, for one, and also it could probably be optimized a lot better, but it's hard for me to think about how to do that without knowing what kind of skills you're going to be using to deal damage.
One quick note: % Quality on Additional Accuracy = Crit Strike Chance for linked skills.
I am going to be trying no RT on my LS/MS marauder when I get to around level 70 or so. My build includes some accuracy nodes built in as part of getting 2h physical damage and I have a 18% accuracy 2h sword. I have no idea what my hit % will be but if it's anywhere 85%+ I think it is definitely worth it to have crits. Also I don't think accuracy is as big of a deal with LS as if a projectile misses it can just hit the next target behind it anyways.
IGN: Dmillz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info