Is armor good at all? Advice?

Armor is certainly not next to useless it isn't as good as health and the some of the nodes he put points were fairly silly. But we don't even know how hes skillin/linkin. Health is certainly better but armor isn't worthless. =P

Sorry I didn't mention, I have determination and I have plans to make quite a lot of life steal, but I haven't gotten an item to put the gems in (mana leech, double strike, items rarity, increase melee damage, life leech). That will be my main attack.

So these are my items currently. I have had that maul for 35 levels, and I am itching for a new one. Also, my bodyarmor is ready to be changed too. But I have yet find a good one.

And so it is: Vini Vidi Flati
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Those fire spitting voidbearers you see at docks. You simply take all the damage. Health on the other hand, counters everything.

You are completely forgetting about resistances. I have high resistance and I do not take all that damage. How do you think I have gotten so far with such a small amount of health?

However, you do make a good point, just you go too far with it.

You could try this if you didnt want to change much. Also your resists are probably shooting you in the foot. HARD. Your two rings are pretty much killin you you dont get any resists from your brood grip. The inefficiency in your rings also isn't being made up anywhere else in your gear. Try getting better resists. Also your skills are a bit wonky. Replace glacial hammer with like added fire damage. Considering your low HP pool instead of using Vitality use grace. But with some little tweaks here and there you should be fine.
This would be an example of maybe where to go with your build, probably not 100% optimal but you wont have to change anything in your build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwCcQSzBS0LYQ6tFCAUTRjbGS4aOBv6IQIhVSFgJd8n7Si1KS4ppSr2MfsyCTKJNYY5DjqzOuE9_ECgQ5xN41BHUFBVtVfiWGNZ81uvXUlfP2BLYIhhIWFSZ5tuaXKpdO108XfleA15aHq4eu97jHy4fNmE2YTviPGMz5BVnaqeuZ7Nn8uiAKQZplenMKeEqWipbqxZrKquk7Xytz65zbndvoq-p8APwBrBBMauxtjSTdSP3D3dDeLq52PsOO8O707yL_JF8932SPe-_gr-jw==

P.S. Ill still try to wander around the board but message me if you have any questions and ill do my best to answer
Last edited by HitMeWithLiGht on Apr 15, 2013, 3:26:25 PM
hitmewithlight

Your tree is actually quite similar with what I was going for int he future. But instead of the extra elemental attack I would go the armor way. Or perhaps instead of going in the paladin's way, I would go up to divine toughness. Perhaps find one like that somewhere in the dexterity side.

I had always planned to get resolute technique as well, more so these days because of the missing issues.

Thank you for the advice

Example:
I have a lvl 73 Marauder... has 2.4k life and RARELY dies maybe once every 3 or 4 lvls i will die. He has 20000 armor with aura on. I do not use bloodmagic and im not an evasion barb. I have no problems killing or losing health. and im cyclone.. heres my items

IGN:Yabizar ALSO PLEASE PM ME IF IM OUTBID
Yabizar, your char looks like what I have been hoping for the entire time! Cheers mate, for giving me hope for my char build.

Update, I have almost 10k armor now with aura. I figured that high resists and high armor, doesn't matter if I have low health cus I wont take much damage.

Go for more armor with aura I have just over 20k and 2.4k health max res but 35chaos res...u will need life leach/mana I only have 160mana available after auras and no problems. I'm cyclone tho 55% block chance
IGN:Yabizar ALSO PLEASE PM ME IF IM OUTBID
Like others said your hp pool is low, im lvl 39 w/ 1300 hp and 2 skillups away from 24% more hp in crap gear
Last edited by oreo1981 on Apr 19, 2013, 6:48:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info