Need some help with Cyclone build

Hey,

Need some advice on my build currently level 63. Using Heavy Strike for single target and Cyclone for AOE. Been farming Fell Merci and moving on to Docks with a friend.

I think I need more survivability. Working on HP atm.

Spoiler
IGN: The_Lurch
work on getting some more movement speed it will help with getting hit less

also life leech works well with cyclone

you gear needs a big upgrade for act3 but your tree looks ok imo id would try to grab some res nodes too the fire from viodbearers is a pain

my marauder runs docks no problem he is a cyclone/cleave/flicker/dbl strike also uses blood rage. he has only 2k life but with max res and a good amount of dmg reduction all the dmg a take is put right back by my life leech.

here is my skill tree

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5w6tFCAUdRjbGS4aVRrZG0Ub-hznIPAhYCSlJScl3yftKLUpLimlLOkwdTIJNug67UCgQ5xEDUTnR35N41BHValVtVivWz1br11JXzlgiGFSZKNlTWebah5qO25pcbB08XdieA17jIRjhNmOv5AKl7SZK5rMnrmezZ_LpBmmz6cwqBipbqy6t-K53b2Bvoq-p8APwQTB2MS4xPbG2MqQ0EfSTdSP1fjdDd3j4drk8e8O707yL_Pd974=

so u now my next lvl till 80 will be life a life regen nodes like the ones u have now.

hopfully this can help u

IGN koez if u want some help ingame.
got to be good looking because im so hard too see.
well to be entirely honest, Koez, sir, i do not mean to be rude but from my point of view your spec is simply terrible. obviously you haven't been thinking your build through, at all, OR i just do not understand it.

more movement speed to avoid hits? no, in my opinion you should remove EVERYTHING that gives you movement speed, including leather and steel which removes movement penalties, remember, the more time it takes you to travel to your click destination the more hits you make, therefore if you have cyclone linked to life leech for example, you make more hits to the mobs while traveling AND leech more with each click.

Physical cyclone is OK, but i realized that elemental damage with cyclone is just simply stronger because you can remove enemies resistance with curses, but you cannot remove their armor. since cyclone is doing large amount of fast but weak hits, most of your damage is soaked by enemies armor. with elemental damage you wouldn't be having that problem. here's my spec.

Using points for resistance. NO! do not do that, unless it's something like diamond skin which gives you 15% all resistance. you simply will not need to use points for resistance, get 2 prismatics, with some time you'll get some decent armor with extra resistances, maybe even use purity aura ... but do not waste your points for resistances, unless you really really have to and there is no other choice. all my characters so far are only having maybe 2-3 points in resistance nodes and they are overcaped already. (except chaos res)

this is my spec i'm using right now. still has some points left for more armor or health, or maybe 1H or 2H weapon nodes depending of which you use.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wSzBS0MfQ6tEH8UIBRNFSAWbxjbGS4ZhRo4GlUb-h0UIWAkqiXfJ-0pLimlLOkyCTKJNug26T38QKBDnEp9UEdQUFRJVcZXDVfiWGNZ81uvXz9gS2EhZKNmnmegZ71sFm5pcql07XTxd-V673y4fNmD24TZhO-HKYd2jM-PRpBVks2boZ65ns2iAKQZpwinMKeErEesqriTud2-p8AaxLjGnsbYznHPZdDQ0iHUj9X42WHdDeKA4urjaudS7Djub-8O707wH_Iv8932SPe--tL8S_zF

some of the points can still be modified, like the mana regen for example is just a personal prefference for my current gear. i use cyclone linked with life-, mana leech and elemental damage and if i get 5L probably faster attacks and i'm pretty satisfied with what i've created.

if someone has anything to add or any ideas how to improve my build then let me know.
You can't be stunned while cyclone is up anyway so you don't need unwavering stance, also I would grab the extra aoe and damage node near the templar start, it's really good with cyclone.

My tree looks like this

It's starting as a duelist but for all intents and purposes it doesn't matter for the builds.

Edit: Just noticed you're two handing so forget the shield nodes.
Last edited by j33bus on Apr 15, 2013, 8:15:49 PM
Im a lvl76 Cyclone Build, might as will share. ^^

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wUtE1sUIBiRGS4ZhRo4G_okqiXfJ-0pLjIJNro26DbpOuE8LT38QKBHfk3jUEdQUFRJVdZYY1ivWfNfOV8_YEthIWTnZU1mnmz2bmlwu3KpdO1253gNerh673y4fNmE2YTvhymI8YzPkFWezaQZplenMKeEqW6rxaxZrKquk7Xytz653b6KvqfAGsT2xq7G2MmYypDUj93j4urjaudS52PvDu9O8i_yRfKc8932SPba97760v4K_o8=

Note: increase aoe. ^^
I like the mana reserved reduction nodes. Might look into grabbing some of those.

When should i look at changing from Life gain on hit to Life Leech?
need that mana reduction to accommodate 5 auras.
I changed from life/hit To life/leech in lvl50 up. there is a calculation on that, forgot the link. ^^
I guess it is probably time to switch over now then.
Strength and Honor,
Phatboi

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info