The move from Diablo 3 to PoE

Hi All,

I know, I know, another thread with that dreaded D3 reference in again, but I promise to make this the one and only time I mention it :-)

Basically, I enjoyed Diablo 3, but now I am doing inferno, the game is totally out of whack. Normal through to Hell was way to easy, and now inferno is technically impossible.

Anyway, what I want is a game similar to Diablo that actually has some longevity to it, I also want to be able to kill a boss knowing that I may get an upgrade, also a decent multiplayer and community (D3 community is horrible beyond words), would you say that PoE provide this?

Thanks,
Path of Exile FTW
I'm not far into the beta yet, but to me the difficulty seems better balanced than in D3.

The community is nice and active on the boards. Just dont judge it based on the unmoderated global chat in game. It's chaos, as to be expected.

Community in general could probably be improved, if there were some kind of meaningfull guild/clan features in the game. But that's probably not what you expect in a diablouesqe game.
Last edited by Cacheperl on May 26, 2012, 8:17:19 AM
What Cacheperl said.

There's one more thing D3 messed up and PoE didn't: the general gloominess/darkness of the in-game surroundings. It's what I loved in D2 and what PoE team has built and upgraded on.

As far as chat moderation goes, I believe that will be better handled when PoE is actually released. Closed beta is meant for bug fixes etc ^^
Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info