My questions about lag and bandwidth use of Path of Exile

Hello, I'm living in Australia and I'm curious about two things;

1- Can I play this game without lag (because im in Australia and I dont know if this game has Australia servers or not)

2- What is the bandwidth use of PoE? I have an internet quota and I dont want to exceed it lol. 20-30 MB/hour is good for me. I don't think PoE uses more than that (actually I think it uses less than that lol) but I wanted to ask to be sure.

Thanks for answers =D
Last edited by Metalwrath on May 24, 2012, 7:37:13 AM
Poor Australians :( I feel for you and the draconian ways of your government. You get substandard internet connectivity, a quota, a-and... small breasts are banned. How do you live with yourself? It must be hell.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
Metalwrath wrote:

1- Can I play this game without lag (because im in Australia and I dont know if this game has Australia servers or not)

2- What is the bandwidth use of PoE? I have an internet quota and I dont want to exceed it lol. 20-30 MB/hour is good for me. I don't think PoE uses more than that (actually I think it uses less than that lol) but I wanted to ask to be sure.

Thanks for answers =D

1. No not really. Currently there are servers in the US and in europe. I am in melbourne, and get about 215-230 ping to the US servers. That is high enough to be very noticeable.

2. The bandwidth used actually playing the game is minuscule, I would say much less than 30 MB an hour. The game itself is about 4GB at the moment and each patch us generally a few hundred MB.
I logged the traffic some time ago, and netstat measured ~4MByte down and <2MByte upload for an average hour of playing.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Malice wrote:
"
Metalwrath wrote:

Thanks for answers =D

1. No not really. Currently there are servers in the US and in europe. I am in melbourne, and get about 215-230 ping to the US servers. That is high enough to be very noticeable.

2. The bandwidth used actually playing the game is minuscule, I would say much less than 30 MB an hour. The game itself is about 4GB at the moment and each patch us generally a few hundred MB.

Oh thats too bad :( I'm im melbourne aswell. 200~~ ping is not that much for WoW type games, but since PoE is hack'n slash It could be problem
I've installed the game. I'm gettin 250~ ping (im using America gateway). It's playable, and you get used to it by time.
NZ here with 200-250ping, funny thing is i don't get any real lag at all, except with some lag spike from time to time. Other then that I can hit everything I want just fine.
This has happen with other people from around the world too, some ppl can get as high as 800ping, yet still can kill stuff laglessly. I guess the ISP you are with, is another crucial point.

And PoE uses about 4 to 10mb per hour on the bandwidth.
Sweeping Maid

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info