[3.23 Cold Conversion Blade Vortex Elementalist / Occultist (League Starter + League Finisher)

"
ericchongws wrote:
What are your thoughts of going max curse LL BV? Is it better or worse than your occ version?
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Danol1000/CiniNimis?i=2&search=skill%3DBlade-Vortex%26item%3DShavronnes-Wrappings

I can't say for sure since I haven't seen it in action, let alone played it, but overall I feel like I'd probably still prefer my version for a few reasons:

1. Armour and Spell Suppression are more consistent than Evasion, and Armour enables Molten Shell.

2. The LLcurse build has several mandatory uniques, which makes scaling to higher investment levels quite difficult. It also makes it less malleable for different targeted farm. I think one of the best qualities of my version is that it can be taken in just about any direction you could think of, bossing, mapping, MFing, etc.

3. Having three debuff spells linked to an Arcanist's Brand feels pretty bad with no substantial investment into Cast Speed

The LLcurse definitely looks viable, being able to add punishment on top of the mark and the resist curses would be pretty neat, but for the issues mentioned above I'd personally stick with my own version.
Last edited by Chronic_Painless on Jan 24, 2023, 3:55:56 PM
I've seen a bug report that Arcanist Brand is broken this league when used with flasks.
And I've been wondering why I can't see the 3rd curse applied like almost never lol
Iam now level 98 and want to know how to improve my build.

Till now iam fail to kill uber elder and olroth!!!

Iam not sure what to do next:

1. cap my crit chance (POB says only 75% crit chance)
2. better weapon and/or shield (more crit chance maybe)
3. more armour?
4. blade timer correct
5. last 5% phys to cold conversion
6. unnatural instinct jewell

https://poe.ninja/pob/RzP

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by PattyWin on Jan 25, 2023, 6:37:02 AM
"
PattyWin wrote:

3. more armour?
4. blade timer correct

Maybe a diamond flask to reach crit cap? Seems to me that crit chance gives the highest dps inc.
"
PattyWin wrote:

3. more armour?
4. blade timer correct
5. last 5% phys to cold conversion
6. unnatural instinct jewell

Capping your crit chance should definitely be a priority. A diamond flask is a great option, and you should also look to improve your flask suffixes overall. Shock Immunity can be obtained from Charge Mastery, and you're already immune to freeze/chill thanks to Frigid Wake. I'd recommend trying to get a higher tier of crit chance, increased armour, and of course movement speed for your utility flask suffixes.

Another option to consider would be going for a Magebane Impossible Escape, taking the Reflexes notable, and switching your suppression mastery to the one that grants crit chance.

Lastly (regarding crit), a new Militant Faith that doesn't take away Breath of Rime could do a lot of work for you, since that notable provides a huge boost to brittle ground. The one you have now also takes away the herald notables, which are great options in the right circumstances further on down the line.

You're right that a better weapon or shield would be the best place to invest right now. You've got the build in a very solid place, but those two pieces could definitely stand to be upgraded before you start saving for an endgame belt, which is probably the next step you'll want to take. If you don't want to save for a headhunter, and do want to keep suppression, you'll definitely want to go all-in investing in your weapons and jewellery/jewels, since your suppression gear can't be improved by very much at this point. The other option is to ditch suppression and start adding awakened items to the build.

Your blade timer is totally fine, if anything you could drop a little bit of the cushion you currently have and see how that feels.

The last 5% conversion is more or less a luxury, but could be worth it at this point.

Unnatural Instinct is a pretty nice option, especially if you feel like you need to cap your chaos res for the content you're targeting.

One other thing I noticed is that it seems like you have both Doryani's Lesson and Life Leech on your Circle of Guilt. You could absolutely drop Doryani's as long as you use that ring, and spend those two points elsewhere. The rings in the POB you linked are different though, so keep Doryani's if those are the ones you're really running.

Uber Elder and Orloth are very similar in that they take advantage of one of our biggest weaknesses, which is lengthy immunity phases. The build handles most difficult content by either freezing it, and/or just killing it extremely fast, but both of those options are closed by those two bosses. For the Uber Elder I'd consider dropping Zealotry for Purity of Ice, or finding another way to get a little bit of max cold resistance. For Orloth, the best thing to do is just be super careful about the mods you take from the remnants. For once, the logic of "just avoid defensive mods" is reversed, and you do have to start respecting some of the deadlier offensive monster mods like Attack Speed, Crit, and Poison/Bleed.

Really great job overall, I think with these few tweaks you'll be ready to farm just about any content you like, and are well on your way to Headhunter/Mageblood gaming (if that's your goal).
Last edited by Chronic_Painless on Jan 25, 2023, 12:29:45 PM
Really enjoying this build, thank you! Only level 71 at the moment, but curious about switching away from Hrimsorrow gloves...seems like a big DPS loss. Wondering what I should have in place before making a switch. Go full Crit first and move off Elemental Overload? Thanks for any advice!

putting POB here in case you're curious.

https://pobb.in/-wAnXSHVBf6D
"
Lord_Bakaxan wrote:
Really enjoying this build, thank you! Only level 71 at the moment, but curious about switching away from Hrimsorrow gloves...seems like a big DPS loss. Wondering what I should have in place before making a switch. Go full Crit first and move off Elemental Overload? Thanks for any advice!

putting POB here in case you're curious.

https://pobb.in/-wAnXSHVBf6D

You won't want to switch away from Hrimsorrow for a very long time, the main reason to drop them would be to craft/buy an expensive pair of spell suppression gloves with some cold conversion.
Thanks for the quick reply. Guess I'll stick with the 1c gloves for a while...lol. Seems weird they are so effective, but I'll take the easy choice here =)
"
Lord_Bakaxan wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. Guess I'll stick with the 1c gloves for a while...lol. Seems weird they are so effective, but I'll take the easy choice here =)

If you want to invest a little in them, there are some corruption implicits that can be quite powerful, such as Spell Critical Strike Chance, Curse-on-hit, and +Socketed Gem Levels, then they'll be even harder to replace!
Would someone mind taking a look at my occultist? My damage isn't quite where I want it to be, and apart from leveling gems idk what I'm missing out on

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info