[3.23 Cold Conversion Blade Vortex Elementalist / Occultist (League Starter + League Finisher)

"

Sorry to hear that the build isn't performing to your expectations, but fortunately I think there are some changes you can make that should help substantially.

1. Get a better weapon. Your weapon should always be one of your most expensive pieces of gear while you're upgrading, and with 4-5 div invested overall a 50 or even 100c weapon is appropriate.

2. Ditch the granite flask and the other one with the armour suffix (you can't benefit from the same suffix twice anyway) until you can invest in the mana reservation needed to add determination. The checklist in the guide should get you there. Getting just a tiny bit of armour won't feel impactful at all, and doesn't enable molten shell, which is a huge part of the reason we want armour to begin with. Get damage flasks instead.

3. Drop the watcher's eye, you're right that it barely provides any benefit.

4. Craft -mana cost on your rings, this should solve any mana issues.

5. Get a life flask that's used instantly on low life, this will save you from a lot of avoidable deaths.

Those changes should help a lot, but reading through your post there were some other things that stood out to me as potential problem areas.

The first is when you said that you have the "POB uniques" but if you look in the Notes section, I explain that everything but the Hrimsorrows are optional, and that the Starkonja's especially is just an example of a very cheap source of lots of life and dexterity that should be replaced quickly. Definitely give the notes a once-over if you haven't yet.

The next was when you mentioned that most mobs can be killed on 5 blades, and it concerns me that you would know that this is true, because running around with 10 blades constantly is what the build is all about, precisely because of the sudden difficulty spikes presented by juicy rares.

Lastly, you mention several encounters where you use up your life flask and then die, but you should have over 600 life regen per second from what I'm seeing, so something is off there.

If you haven't checked out my update videos from this league yet, I highly suggest you give them a look, and/or join the discord in the video descriptions for more assistance.

First off, thanks for the extensive reply.
Indeed I sometimes am too lazy to cast for 10 blades but as soon as I see a rare, essence, exile etc. I stop to have all out, of course.
It is also true there is >600 life regen but that just means having to wait >8 seconds to fill it up which is too long against most high damage enemies.
I will absolutely get a instant-on-low-life flask, thanks for the tip.
I thought Granite is helpful specifically BECAUSE I have almost no armor without it. The armor curve means it provides a huge amount of % physical reduction right now. Hmm.
Watcher's Eye is just basically more life, mana and ES in addition to lots of flask charges. In theory it should help with the insane crit chance the build gets. I don't really see how any normal jewel could top that?
(oh btw, PoB seems to still use the outdated 5% crit caused by brittle ground, it is only 2% since 3.19)

I'll also check the videos when I have a moment.
Last edited by Jasmira on Jan 19, 2023, 5:54:19 AM
"
Jasmira wrote:

First off, thanks for the extensive reply.
Indeed I sometimes am too lazy to cast for 10 blades but as soon as I see a rare, essence, exile etc. I stop to have all out, of course.
It is also true there is >600 life regen but that just means having to wait >8 seconds to fill it up which is too long against most high damage enemies.
I will absolutely get a instant-on-low-life flask, thanks for the tip.
I thought Granite is helpful specifically BECAUSE I have almost no armor without it. The armor curve means it provides a huge amount of % physical reduction right now. Hmm.
Watcher's Eye is just basically more life, mana and ES in addition to lots of flask charges. In theory it should help with the insane crit chance the build gets. I don't really see how any normal jewel could top that?
(oh btw, PoB seems to still use the outdated 5% crit caused by brittle ground, it is only 2% since 3.19)

I'll also check the videos when I have a moment.

Sometimes you gotta just run away and let your big brother (Vaal BV) take care of the bullies for you.

The thing about armour is that its effectiveness actually scales inversely with the damage of the hits you're taking, and smaller amounts do basically nothing against bigger hits (which are usually the ones that kill you, as opposed to many smaller hits). For example, if you're about to get hit for 10,000 damage, you'll take full damage with no armour, but with a granite flask giving you 2000 armour, you'll take 9700 damage instead. Even getting up to 5000 armour you still take 9100 damage, and you'd need over 50,000 armour to get the damage taken down to under 5000. In a sense, if you had 5K life, any amount of armour between 0 and 50,000 is useless against hits bigger than 10,000 since you'll just die anyway. That's just an example of course, but I hope it illustrates the point that a little armour actually doesn't go a long way, at least not when it matters.

It's really not that many flask charges, there's an internal cooldown of .1 seconds on gaining a charge, so it doesn't help against multiple targets, and we only hit 7.5x per second at most (a number which is unchangeable) to begin with. I'm not saying drop watcher's eye entirely, I'm saying you should try to get one that at least gives a little bit of damage or maybe some tankiness from a determination based bonus.

The brittle ground is accurate because it now scales with ailment effect, and we invest in that stat accordingly.
Hello,

I have one question about the late game.
I'm at a stage where I can farm easily juice map with a headhunter and around 150-200 Div additional investment in the build.

However I still struggle to pass full delirium wave andd to beat uber bosses.

What are your advice to have an all in one build?

-Going full glass canon but I'm afraid that it will be extremely costly and that I will struggle in mapping and to complete the Delirium

-Going tanky?

-Other ption?

Is Mageblood a must have to complete these all in one objective?

Thank you for your help

Regards!
"
Hello,

I have one question about the late game.
I'm at a stage where I can farm easily juice map with a headhunter and around 150-200 Div additional investment in the build.

However I still struggle to pass full delirium wave andd to beat uber bosses.

What are your advice to have an all in one build?

-Going full glass canon but I'm afraid that it will be extremely costly and that I will struggle in mapping and to complete the Delirium

-Going tanky?

-Other ption?

Is Mageblood a must have to complete these all in one objective?

Thank you for your help

Regards!

I think the most "well-rounded" option is going for high DPS with armour for tankiness, but dropping spell suppression. Keeping spell suppression means sacrificing a lot of damage, so even though the extra tankiness is undeniably awesome if your goal is to do super juicy maps with no deaths, I think you leave your options more open without it.

This is the loadout I had last league when I cleared the Sim/Ubers (with a few small swaps for different bosses, e.g. dropping inspired learning outside of the sim): https://pastebin.com/yER8iwMR (also note that you'll still want to do the Impossible escape thing for duration since Dusk Rings no longer exist)

I think I calculated it at about 60div of investment at the time.

The biggest thing for me when doing that S-tier content is honestly Molten Shell. Taking it off of a CWDT setup and learning to use it right before you're about to get rekt makes all the difference in the world.

If you post your POB in the discord then either I and/or someone who has been picking my brain for months will take a look at it.
Last edited by Chronic_Painless on Jan 22, 2023, 10:11:27 AM
What do you think about Unnatural Instict fit in any of your trees? Which the best place to put it in?
Abaxoth for map boss!!!
"
Slava_N wrote:
What do you think about Unnatural Instict fit in any of your trees? Which the best place to put it in?

Under the infused node is the good place
"
Ultras13 wrote:
"
Slava_N wrote:

Under the infused node is the good place

Seconded.

Can i use this ring for life leech instead of Doryanis lesson node?
"
PattyWin wrote:

Can i use this ring for life leech instead of Doryanis lesson node?

For sure! Pretty much ANY single source of lifesteal, no matter how small of a %, will easily get us to the Leech per Second cap with the amount of damage we're doing. So with that ring you could definitely go for a different cluster notable.
What are your thoughts of going max curse LL BV? Is it better or worse than your occ version?
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Danol1000/CiniNimis?i=2&search=skill%3DBlade-Vortex%26item%3DShavronnes-Wrappings

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info