3.20 Balance Manifesto: Curses

I like that curses are getting a buff, but did you have to nerf Occultist like that? Other ascendancies can use curses too.
"
Strip Occultist from its identity, while making it do 10% less damage and take 10% more damage. Like wtf, why aren't people reacting to this ultimate nerf ?!
And I'm not even talking about all the minor nerfs (which in themselves should have been more than enough).

But NOOO, we need to triple/quadruple nerf obviously. What is the point ? Seriously what is the point ? The ''reasons'' given in this manifesto make no sense. Actually wait, no reasons were given for removing malediction on cursed monsters.

Just delete the Occultist ascendancy at this point. Seriously...

Want everyone to play Saboteur, Champion, Inquisitor and Necromancer it seems... as they have all been broken for years *thumbs up emoji*

Not going against your point on sabo, champion and inquisitir, but why Necro? Isnt necro very weak right now?
what happens to my self-curse temp chains trickster? Since you've removed sources of curse effect, is self-cursing worse now?
Melee Buff??????????????
self cast curses will never happen sorry.
A change I like.
Yea good job GGG, you gutted Occultist and moved what you nerfed on the tree.... what's the point of stripping an acendancy identity in exchange for some unique items ? Most people that use curses they use curse on hit wich you nerfed with this ascend nerf, might as well stripp all the ascendancy of ocultist and put it in the tree so the 3 % that play cursebots enjoy it in exchange for some unique items you added.
POG Blast
look i use the reflect and corrupt amulets how dare you and leave all the stuff in and streamline and update it devs this person wants a super easy d2 or wow game easy buckets ever and to the other gamer. I'm not into punctuation I just make it readable unless I'm on wattpad writing lol :P
I ROLEPLAY A DIVINE US SPARTAN EXILE SOLDIER FOR ALL HUMANITY EVEN IN REAL LIFE SOMEWHAT WHEN I'M HAPPY BORED OR SCARED OR IN GOOD OR IN BAD TIMES I FIND THAT IN GOD WE TRUST GODSPEED HOLY EXILES!!!
Finally a good patch. My occultist is getting some love.

The change to her ascendancy is not a nerf at all. Now I can just grab 1 of the 2 curse related points to get maximum effect ( aka I don't have to pick profane bloom just for 1 line of text ). Don't get me wrong, explosions are nice, but I don't always need them. The more important thing nowadays is to inflict curses on all enemies.
Also, I'm pretty sure that overall I get more damage, since curse effect wasn't doing much on bosses anyway ( 66% reduction is so much, from like -12% resistance you go to like -18% with curse effect ). Now the curses are each applying the maximum resistance reduction. And having EVEN MORE curse effect on the tree is absolutely insane. Not to mention, picking curse clusters or curse related enchants are finally not a meme anymore.

The first unique seems pretty broken, you can apply maybe like all curses with that ring. I guess it's supposed to be used by aurabots, but it can probably be abused on other builds too.

Idk about you guys, but cold dot will be exactly how I play it curently, half damage dealer half aurabot. This combination in particular is so strong, because you can easily pick all curse related stats on the tree and also get cold dot damage at the same time.

Last and not least, temp chains. This thing keeps me alive in this game.
It's so broken. The fact that it loses effect vs swarms of monsters is really not a big deal. 40% less action speed, 20%... doesn't matter. You will dodge incoming hits anyway. And if you have chill effect paired with it, it's overkill curently. The big thing personally was the bossing aspect. When I go to a boss and chill + temp chain it, it feels like temp chains does nothing. This change is very welcomed, since it rewards players that invest in their curses or bother to even get temp chains.

Someone in this thread said that occultist lost it's identity.

Well...I do agree with that. But this was long time ago. It plays as a character that uses curses with chaos or cold damage, pretty generic in it's nature.
I would like to get a rework some day, of course. I want it to be more specific, not generic. And btw, malediction for example can be found on clusters nowadays, which is pretty pathetic if you ask me.

I forgot about doomsday. I like that keystone to death, but I couldnt make it work everytime I played it. The upsides are meh and that 1 second delay screws your entire playstyle. Also, you cant even precast a second curse in the meantime. If you attempt this, the first curse vanishes and you are suddenly wondering why you deal so little damage. I am quite hyped for this as well.
Last edited by Voidbreaker1 on Nov 28, 2022, 3:22:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info