[3.23] [SC+HC] Righteous Fire (RF) Chieftain: One build to go from Act 2 leaguestart to pinnacles

also Righteous Fire is NOT a hit skill so both ring's are more or less worthless as far as hit skill is concerned
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
in your Helmet where it belongs
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Thx, i will do same Fiveways to lv 100.

After, will work on:

Pots
Ring
Belt
Belt jewel

and will put the results <3

thx soo much
"
yaskiies wrote:
Thx, i will do same Fiveways to lv 100.

After, will work on:

Pots
Ring
Belt
Belt jewel

and will put the results <3

thx soo much

np good luck n work on chaos resist that's prob what's killing ya very low pool for no resist
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
will you update in accordance to the new ascendancy changes please!
Is the ascendacy rework going to help or hurt this build?
I just returned from a long break and currently I'm looking for a RF build. I really like your build and everything is fine and dandy but I fear I'm too stupid. ^^ Why would anyone use an Aegis Aurora plus a Melding of the Flesh over a Rise of the Phoenix? You lose 4-6 max res and a jewel slot. Please enlighten me, because I really don't get it. I mean if you at least could use The Brine Crown with it but this way?
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
I've finally actually pored over the patch notes... They are kinda dumpstering Chieftain, but I will be updating this guide to, well, make the best of it. I can't QUITE really argue it's a superior pick to Marauder in most cases, but it certainly still offers some interesting reasons to choose it, especially for lower-investment play.

(the most significant change is that Melding of the Flesh will no longer have a role for most tiers of the build: the rework to Valako, Storm's Embrace means that we do not need Melding, and also do not need to counter Melding's penalty to our maximum resistances)

I'll admit I'm not sure if I can guarantee it'll be updated by Friday, but I'll try.

Good news is that even barring that, the pathing will still be generally the same while leveling.

"
666lol666 wrote:
I just returned from a long break and currently I'm looking for a RF build. I really like your build and everything is fine and dandy but I fear I'm too stupid. ^^ Why would anyone use an Aegis Aurora plus a Melding of the Flesh over a Rise of the Phoenix? You lose 4-6 max res and a jewel slot. Please enlighten me, because I really don't get it. I mean if you at least could use The Brine Crown with it but this way?

You're using a Melding because you want to bump not just your fire maximum resistance up to/close to 90, but your other resistances, too. (and until the 3.22 patch comes out on Friday, this is the only means of accomplishing this) The goal is to make yourself as tanky as possible, not merely to fire damage. At the far-endgame, you can deck a RF character out to actually laugh in the face of just about any incoming damage.

Compared to Rise, Aegis provides you with much more armour, more life/energy shield, (more RF damage) a higher chance to block, and its when-hit proc which provides a very powerful source of sustain when being hit by enemies. Because of the short range of RF, you will want to be constantly within melee range to maximize your damage, so you will get hit a lot.

With Aegis + high armour, this means each blocked hit will be guaranteed to fill your ES bar to full, (which normally will be at a constant 0 due to your constant burning damage) providing a brief, temporary layer of damage mitigation. (which also stops RF from damaging your health until it burns through that ES too) This basically means that if you get swarmed, you aren't just fine: it actually will make you nigh-invincible.

Note, of course, that making this work at the high end generally assumes a full-up build around it, using Purity of Ice, Brass Dome, maybe Prismatic Skin, and using Valako, Storm's Embrace (previously a Melding of the Flesh unique jewel) so that you can bump your cold resistance cap to 90%, and simultaneously make it apply to your fire & lightning resistances.

If you are just getting started with a budget of little-to-nothing (e.g, you just started league and have just beaten Act 10) then Rise is a good pick

Note that some of this does change when 3.22 drops, because of the severe passive reworks to the Chieftain. The good news is that this setup is a bit easier to reach, given you will no longer need a Melding of the Flesh, nor have to account for the penalty to maximum resists it imposes.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Aug 15, 2023, 1:22:03 AM
"
argoniashawks wrote:
Is the ascendacy rework going to help or hurt this build?

The short of it is... It hurts the ceiling on it (I will be editing the title to remove "Ubers") but at the lower end it actually kinda makes it a bit more accessible in the earlier endgame.

Getting started no longer is a "once you get Tasalio you no longer have to worry about fire resistance," which is the main early hurdle that's added. But at the further end, you no longer have to acquire & counter the penalties of using a Melding of the Flesh, since Valako, Storm's Embrace can replace it. So endgame gearing could be a lot simpler.

Main drawback is that in all honesty, most of the new passives are pretty garbage. You'll almost certainly just rush Tasalio + Valako for resists, and little actually will give you much for DPS/clear speed after that; Ngamahu and Hinekora are both pretty situational, and Ramako is now pretty worthless for this build. (as we don't use rare non-cluster jewels)

So neither will contribute all that much, and we'd take them last. (I may have to also edit this after I do some post-launch build testing again; I did not have access to the Alpha server, after all)
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info