Sellers should sell larger suply of Town Portal, Orbs

I have 80 Scrolls of Wisdom. I want to transform them into 26 Scrolls of Town Portal. I will have to close and re-open the shop window 26 times to do this.

Annoying, isn't it?

So what if shop sellers would sell an unlimited amount of re-stocking items. Instead of just 1 scroll of TP, remove the 1 from the UI and make it unlimited or put 10-15.

Thoughts, people?
My article promoting PoE:
http://www.axonnsays.com/2013/01/you-are-invited-to-the-path-of-exile-open-beta

Running PoE on an Intel i5 2500K, Radeon 7950 OC, SSD Vertex 3 MI, 8 GB RAM.
I'm also a Software Engineer and Indie Game Developer ::- ). Go Go GGG!!!
Last edited by Kyliathy on May 23, 2012, 11:35:17 AM
"
Kyliathy wrote:
I have 80 Scrolls of Wisdom. I want to transform them into 26 Scrolls of Town Portal. I will have to close and re-open the shop window 26 times to do this.

Annoying, isn't it?

So what if shop sellers would sell an unlimited amount of re-stocking items. Instead of just 1 scroll of TP, remove the 1 from the UI and make it unlimited.

Thoughts people?

Maybe not unlimited but definitely a larger stack. We need to retain some sort of believability, even if that can be overcome with a little game manipulation. Say, 20 or 30.

All orbs, however? I suppose if you're willing to pay the price and they do replenish the moment you reopen the shop window, then absolutely.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Merchants having unlimited currency for purchase doesn't fit right with the 'struggling to live and survive' feel of the game. The fact that selling your items and getting infinite supplies is also a bit on the far side of believability. Comes with the genre I suppose.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
"
ciknay wrote:
Merchants having unlimited currency for purchase doesn't fit right with the 'struggling to live and survive' feel of the game. The fact that selling your items and getting infinite supplies is also a bit on the far side of believability. Comes with the genre I suppose.
But the merchants already do have unlimited currency for purchase. You just have to sit there and trade for them one at a time, closing and reopening the buy window.
Why do you even wanna buy town scrolls?? By the time I got to lvl 15 I had a ton of town portal scrolls from regular drops.
Because Town Scrolls can be converted to Orbs. Orbs can be converted to other orbs ;;- ).

ciknay: as izzalion said, and as I said in my original post, they already have restocking items.

Your point is valid but it would ruin the game experience. I'm "willing" to concede the fact that...ok... not unlimited supplies, but come on, 15 scrolls isn't too much to ask. For example forcing you to wait for 20 minutes until a restock or going in-out of town or level-upping *could* work, but there needs to be more than 1 scroll available for purchase.
My article promoting PoE:
http://www.axonnsays.com/2013/01/you-are-invited-to-the-path-of-exile-open-beta

Running PoE on an Intel i5 2500K, Radeon 7950 OC, SSD Vertex 3 MI, 8 GB RAM.
I'm also a Software Engineer and Indie Game Developer ::- ). Go Go GGG!!!
I have to agree on this one.
I hate closing and reopening the window to get my little 5 scroll TP stack.

Nearly all of my drops have been items and scrolls of wisdom. I have high value orbs running out of my booty, but few TP Scrolls.

The bread and butter stuff is all I can imagine this applying to. Wisdom and town portal of course, stacks of 3-4 maybe. I don't see myself needing too many between trips to town.
This is a planned feature! You will be able to shift-click to buy a number of them in future.
Balance & Design
"
Kyliathy wrote:
Because Town Scrolls can be converted to Orbs. Orbs can be converted to other orbs ;;- ).
What sorcery is this! I must really suck with the recipes, I cant convert wisdom scrolls to orbs =(
"
Metronomy wrote:
"
Kyliathy wrote:
What sorcery is this! I must really suck with the recipes, I cant convert wisdom scrolls to orbs =(
It's not part of the vendor recipes, you just look at what Nessa or that other woman are selling and you can buy town portal scrolls for 3 wisdom, and orbs of transmutation for 7 portals, and keep trading stuff up that way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info