How do I make sure that my hacker isn't still logged on?

I just got hacked yesterday, I lost mostly everything I had. I know that the hacker couldn't have had my email account password, only my POE password. I want to play back again now.

Here's the thing :
I tested something, if I log on POE website in 2 different browsers and in one I change the password, in the other browser I'M STILL LOGGED AND CAN STILL RE-MODIFY THE PASSWORD. So what happens if the hacker is still logged??? I want to play with my char but how could I verify that the hacker isn't still logged on the website and couldn't just easily change the password again (you don't even need to know your password to change it if you're already logged). I feel like this website definitively has security issues.
Last edited by Leviathans on Apr 13, 2013, 4:24:06 AM
I don't know, but just change your login email. Make sure you change all your passwords again after doing that.
the only way a "hacker" can get into your game is to have access to the email that locks your account.

Set your self up a gmail account and enable the 2 factor account security then change your email address for the game.

And again the only way to change anything (email or password) is to have access to your email.
I had to change my password because of a poor memory and a HDD re format...GGG send you an email with a link to a page where you can change your password...i would expect the same for the email change
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
the only way a "hacker" can get into your game is to have access to the email that locks your account.

That should be right but I have an hard time believing that my email account would have been compromised given that my password is different than any other games/website password and given that I have no recall of having received any "Path of Exile Account Unlock Code‏" email even though I'm on my computer all days and I have have an instant email notifier. I'm still gonna ask hotmail for the list of IP addresses who connected to it recently.

"
lagwin1980 wrote:

And again the only way to change anything (email or password) is to have access to your email.

That's false. Someone who knows your POE password could simply connect on the website and change the password. Also someone could just be logged on your account without knowing the password and that person could still change the password without even knowing the current password.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info