[3.19] Splitting Steel/Spectral Helix Jugg - Fun, fast, tanky, cheap to start, with room to grow

"
Heya, nice build, been having a lot of fun with it so far

Just a question if you don't mind, I'm noticing that in your PoB for Spectral Helix you take the Dervish node, even though it only affects 1h weapons, can you tell me why? It also tells me to take Ambidexterity and the nodes leading up to it, which also only affects dual wielding

thanks!

Sweet, glad you like!

Your Characters aren't public, so I can't see what you are doing, but I'm assuming you mean when using Replica Wings, in which case, if you notice it counts as "Dual Wielding" as one of its perks:

GL
Last edited by corosou on Sep 26, 2022, 2:48:42 PM
"
corosou wrote:
"
Heya, nice build, been having a lot of fun with it so far

Just a question if you don't mind, I'm noticing that in your PoB for Spectral Helix you take the Dervish node, even though it only affects 1h weapons, can you tell me why? It also tells me to take Ambidexterity and the nodes leading up to it, which also only affects dual wielding

thanks!

Sweet, glad you like!

Your Characters aren't public, so I can't see what you are doing, but I'm assuming you mean when using Replica Wings, in which case, if you notice it counts as "Dual Wielding" as one of its perks:

GL

Ahhh yea, that makes a lot of sense. My bad for not paying more attention on that one. Thanks a lot!
"

Ahhh yea, that makes a lot of sense. My bad for not paying more attention on that one. Thanks a lot!

No worries and yw!
Hey, sorry, another dumb question if you don't mind

In the gem setup for CWDT, Molten Shell, Berserk and Enduring Cry, should they all be linked together? Because it says to leave CWDT at lvl 2, put Molten Shell at lvl 11 and max both Enduring Cry and Berserk, but CWDT lvl 2 only supports skills that require lvl 40 or lower and both Enduring Cry and Berserk are above that lvl

Thanks again!
Just looking for my next build hoping to farm some bosses, I have 3-4 div as my initial buy in for this and looks pretty achievable to set this up to begin with and then scale it up later.

What would you recommend prioritising for my initial buy if I was going to go straight in the deep end here?

"
Hey, sorry, another dumb question if you don't mind

In the gem setup for CWDT, Molten Shell, Berserk and Enduring Cry, should they all be linked together? Because it says to leave CWDT at lvl 2, put Molten Shell at lvl 11 and max both Enduring Cry and Berserk, but CWDT lvl 2 only supports skills that require lvl 40 or lower and both Enduring Cry and Berserk are above that lvl

Thanks again!

No need to apologize, just ask whatev next time, it's all good.

CWDT + Molten Shell is all that matters.

You can't Trigger Warcrys and you want to self-cast Berserk.

GL
"
rhys556 wrote:
Just looking for my next build hoping to farm some bosses, I have 3-4 div as my initial buy in for this and looks pretty achievable to set this up to begin with and then scale it up later.

What would you recommend prioritising for my initial buy if I was going to go straight in the deep end here?

The gear is mostly cheap uniques, if you're not buying expensive Corrupted versions, so doesn't really matter much, but of course, as any other Attack build, a good weapon makes all the diff.

Since you have 3-4 div, I'm assuming you'll be starting with Replica Wings, so buy the best rolled one you can afford, a basic setup using the cheap uniques and then farm to make enough money to buy a nice Paradoxica, Saviour, Leadership, Jewels, Corrupted gear, etc.

GL
Hey. I am not to sure what I can do to improve my character. NEVER played this build before and struggling in yellow maps vs anything really especially Morphs and essences. Thanks

Spoiler

Public profile I don't know what to do...
"
Stormzerker wrote:
Hey. I am not to sure what I can do to improve my character. NEVER played this build before and struggling in yellow maps vs anything really especially Morphs and essences. Thanks

Spoiler

Public profile I don't know what to do...

Looks like you jumped the gun a bit and went for a mix of the cheap setup with the latest end-game setup I posted.

You can certainly do that, but you need the budget for that and that Paradoxica is just not going to cut it.

Reason you want to start off with Replica Wings until you can get a good Paradoxica, is cuz AS is pretty important.

Leadership is good, but you need to boost your crit chance early with a flask too.

You're also not running Enduring Cry on your Movement bind for the self-heal.

Also, notice the price of Prismatic and Fertile Catalysts. There's a reason they're 10-8c a pop, Metamorphs are cancer... I avoid like the plague. Essences can be no joke too; a lot of people thought they would be a cakewalk at league start and heavily invested into them, only to then end up regretting having to respec atlas so early.

U just gotta keep working on your toon. If you're not sure about what you're doing, copy the setups I've posted.

Gotta pay attention to rolls too; that ring with 1-2 physical is just horrendous! 1-2 Phys is what you get from a Act 1 Nessa Iron Rings lol... You can do so much better than that for a few Chaos ;)

But here, I'm curious... try this setup and see how much it helps:

1) Grab Call to Arms
2) Add Enduring Cry on Movement bind (get rid of the Steelskin)
3) Get a lvl 21 Berserk (get others. u can buy a lot of them lvl 21/0 for ~5c)
3) Get a decently rolled set of this gear (check for nice Corrupted versions):

Now, whenever you get hit and don't have 25 Rage, you will get Cursed with Temporal Chains. As soon as you see that Curse pop and you don't already have more than 25 Rage, pop your Curse removal Life flask and you will gain Max Rage.

Also, whenever you Warcry you will gain around 25-30 Rage.

Pop Berserk whenever you have Rage. Between the belt and gloves you should have a high Rage uptime.

You will also have Adrenaline up 100% if the map density is good.

Finally, try to get Rampage either by weapon swapping at the start to Synvicta's or running Bisco's Leash:

Hope some of that helps! Let us know...

GL

EDIT: Two other things...

1) if you're mostly running Spectral Helix, do try to grab Long Shot as more Projectile Speed feels pretty good (not so important if doing mostly Splitting Steel)

2) Get a nicely rolled Doppleganger's and 6S/6L yourself. You can 6L by using Beast 30% Corruption on a 6S/5L or 4L and trying your luck with Tainted Fusing. Or just link the regular way. This will make you feel a lot more tankier as it's basically Fortify for Phys/Chaos.

EDIT 2: Since you want to do more Single Target focused content such as Metamorphs and Essences, give Shattering Steel a try instead of Splitting
Last edited by corosou on Sep 30, 2022, 5:42:36 AM
3.19 Gear and Farming Strat Update!

Hi Guys,

So, you remember that farming strat I mentioned a few days ago?

Well... I'd say it's been validated ;)

Here's the full map showing the Apothecary drop:

YouTube: 3.19 Splitting Steel - T16 Defiled Cathedral (Apothecary Farm Showcase)

Atlas & Scarabs:
Spoiler

*Elder when running Einhar Missions

And here's the gear I was using at the time:

Not much has changed, except one important thing; I've been giving Shattering Steel a try, instead of Spectral Helix and it's amazing for single target DPS!

It can also clear decently well, but it can't compete with Splitting in clear-speed, and Splitting can't compete with it in single-target, so they compliment each other well.

You can still do most everything with Splitting, but sometimes map mods + Altar buffs can make the boss very tanky, and in those cases I switch to Shattering.

In the video you'll also notice I swap in Bisco's for Rampage at the start, then switch to Emancipation for high Rage uptime combined with Kaom's Spirit and Enduring Cry.

So, in short, the build is feeling smooth as butter mapping and I really hope some of you guys get to try the setup fully fleshed out like this.

Anyway, that's all for now...

Enjoy and GL!

PS: Just import my 3.19 toon if you want a PoB export. I'm sure you guys can figure out what to checkbox in the Config page by now.
Last edited by corosou on Sep 30, 2022, 8:14:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info