[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Graiaule wrote:
Hey whiterockxx, I hope you will put your test run progress into a suggested levelling guide (basically, which skill gems to use when.)

I'm working on it for myself and to help others.

Trying combinations to enter on maps on a satisfaroty way, gain currence and then swap for WI efficiently.

If you check my account characters, all named "atest_" are test characters of lvling and entering in early maps.

Soon i'll post my finds.
@whiterockxx I look forward to that!

With my current levelling methods, I don't get to maps until Sunday afternoons (about 18-20 played hours.)

Bottlenecks for a character starved for currency during the first two days:

1. Getting all of the skill gems together by level 40ish, so they all level up properly. I now have a spreadsheet that tells me exactly which to buy when and where, so now I spend a lot less time.

2. Getting the right gems on the right gear. When starting, I put the RRRB setup on icetomb as that's easily colored. Eventually I need the jeweler orb trick but I try to do that only on the Stampede and only once. This usually requires I go purchase a piece or three to get the 4L I need (typically at 3-4 alchs or 1c.)

3. Collecting jewelers to roll 5S or 6S WI staves for the extra dps.

4. Buying 1-2c gear to get int and ES up enough not to be squishy. I'm usually at around 3500 ES or so at map start. This takes a while because I have to get the proper resistances, and I don't have the harvest currency yet to switch resistance flavor. This usually requires I update most of the item slots, again buying only 4L gear as I never have enough links at that time.

5. And it's just slow. Slow spinning without Stampede. Slow with only 20% move speed. Slow with only a 4S WI (which I usually am using by level 39 because I Really Want To Stop Freezing Pulsing.)

Somehow I am wasting 13-15 hours every levelling attempt to maps. I have no idea what I am doing wrong (maybe I pick up too many items to sell?) Yes, I've looked at tytykiller's videos, and others. I suspect it's just my brain is running at 1/3 your speed, so I go dah .. dah .. dah where you go ddddddddah.
Last edited by Graiaule on Mar 23, 2023, 3:24:45 AM
"
Graiaule wrote:
@whiterockxx I look forward to that!
With my current levelling methods, I don't get to maps until Sunday afternoons (about 18-20 played hours.)

Follow the video of my last test

https://youtu.be/J_LnH6wn4Yw

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/whiterockxx/characters
character : atest_V

can be imported on PoB

Pretty solid and easy, aura stacking with same tree as Crit WI! The gameplay is the same, from A1 to A10!

A1 to A10 took me 05:10:27

All labs, passive quests and trials done.

SSF, only using currency and itens dropped on this run and throwing away any itens looted wich could give an advantage.

All that currency on Inventary was dropped from A1 to A10!
Last edited by whiterockxx on Mar 23, 2023, 7:02:15 AM
guys i'm sorry for this stupid question but i see you all talking about the crit build, ive looked on the front page and saw nothing about it
can you tell me where i can find a POB of it plz ?
"
pat_hibulaire wrote:
guys i'm sorry for this stupid question but i see you all talking about the crit build, ive looked on the front page and saw nothing about it

Few weeks ago i posted here about it, is not on the kelvyn post. You can look on this link for my posts.. there are videos and PoBs about it.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-posts/whiterockxx

or on this youtube channel:
https://youtube.com/@whiterockx
Last edited by whiterockxx on Mar 23, 2023, 12:04:48 PM
"
whiterockxx wrote:
"
pat_hibulaire wrote:

Few weeks ago i posted here about it, is not on the kelvyn post. You can look on this link for my posts.. there are videos and PoBs about it.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-posts/whiterockxx

or on this youtube channel:
https://youtube.com/@whiterockx

thanks a lot <3
@whiterockxx -- When you switch to WI, since the only gem you're carrying over is Inspiration, you'd need to level 6 gems in the weapon swap slot. And then you'd have to level up the rest, some from level 11-14ish, and some from level 1.

It'd be interesting to see how well you do in white maps with the lesser gems after the switch. Did you get a chance to try that?
"
Graiaule wrote:
@whiterockxx -- When you switch to WI, since the only gem you're carrying over is Inspiration, you'd need to level 6 gems in the weapon swap slot.

You are right, gems are missing at this moment.
My idea is buying an WI as soon as a ilvl 50+ 18/10+ WI appears on market and leave it on stash.
As soon as I kill kitava(4/5 hours playing) I must do a breaf pause to eat something, bathroom and get ready for entering on maps. Probaby will buy some itens with resists and better wands.
At this point i set the gems to lvlup on swap weapons. Because my idea is to keep the current setup until T7ish maps or have enought resources to have 4k+ ES, a 6S WI and a Stampede or doing endless lvl 60/61 haist.
The Frostblink+Herald setup clear the maps with amazing speed comparede with a WI.
After I reach a good INT, ES pool, a stamped/Sintrek and a 18/10 6S WIs I'll swap to CI and WI. You can swap early, but i think its a waste of time coz your farm progression will be slower. Thats my plan at this moment.
Last edited by whiterockxx on Mar 24, 2023, 9:27:34 AM
@Graiaule

Thats how i want to lvlup gems and get some currency before swap to WI definitely!

https://youtu.be/5WuQr22ngEU

This is the character atest_V right after kill kitava

I dont want to change to WI before I get a Stamped boots.

My only doubt at this moment is if I should go with Aura/Herald Stack or Just Herald of Ice + Hatred.

The second option do less damage, but since need lot less sockets and especific colors, the gear progression during the acts are much better an dont need to count on luck with items! But the First option has more damage and feels much better on clear speed, but need to count on luck to find items with right socket colors... It's a hard choice...
@whiterockxx -- my strat is always to go after 4L items, either found or purchased very cheaply (alchs), and ensure the base type makes it easy to roll the colors I need.

Then it's only Stampede where you have to roll 3 offcolor reds.

Interesting point about not switching to WI for quite a while. Maybe you never switch...........

I'm surprised you didn't find better rare wands. When I level up with freezing pulse, I've always found good rares with 50%+ spell damage and/or good cold damage. Don't forget to use essences on early gear!

Re Stampedes, they're found in blighted maps if I'm not mistaken -- would you attempt T1-T7 blighted maps with the frostblink build?

Finally, the goal is to have enough damage to last to T7 maps, so it seems reasonable to focus on the Aure/Herald Stack build.
Last edited by Graiaule on Mar 24, 2023, 9:38:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info