[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
milkytwix wrote:
Qestion for the crit build:
Timeless Jewel Mandatory? If so - why?
And Elemental Overlord on the sanctified Relic - get away with it?

You don't need the timeless jewel per se, and you want to be careful if you do run it to get one that doesn't overwrite the nimbleness notable on the tree, as some will.

I personally don't use the timeless jewel anymore in the critical variant I'm using, as I path slightly differently and I prefer not to lose the intelligence to the devotion conversion. I did run it for a while though, and there are definitely some nice side benefits that you can get via devotion depending on the mods yours has (I had all elemental resists and increased elemental damage per devotion).

You absolutely do not want to run with elemental overload on your relic with the crit version as that will mean your critical strikes don't do any extra damage, and what you gain there will far outstrip what you lose from not having the 'more damage' modifier from EO.

I don't think there aren't any amazing options for invocations with the crit version. I have ghost reaver on mine to save a point.
"
whiterockxx wrote:
@ichbinwerichbi
I'm alerdy working on my league start. I'm doing freshbstart runs to test what is better and do the a10 in less then 5 hours.

I'd love any insight you have on getting through the acts quickly with this build. I plan on playing WI trickster again and I always get ground down playing through the acts

Hopefully I don't have to wait almost a month into the league to start playing this time.
Hey There!

Just wanted to thank Kelvynn.
Amazing build, amazing clarity of the guide.

Thanks!
"
Vahkerr wrote:
I'd love any insight you have on getting through the acts quickly with this build. I plan on playing WI trickster again and I always get ground down playing through the acts
Hopefully I don't have to wait almost a month into the league to start playing this time.

You can import my character "vbcvbcvbcvbcvb" on PoB, he was my first test act 1-8 under 04:30.
No regrets used, and no assendancy done. But with the links you can have an idea where i'm going.
The main skill is Frostblink+Herald of Ice, and to kill yellow and bosses Explosive trap.
Mobs just melt... I'm stil working to improve the survivavility, died about 20 times on first try. Lets see how i'll improve it until the league start!
"
Vahkerr wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/whiterockxx/characters

character : atest_two

This was my second test, as it is, SSF lvl 67, all labs done, kitava kill, ready for mapping in 5:30 hours playing.

FrostBlink + Herald of Ice clear the white/blue mobs, and explosive trap kill yellow and bosses. Use frostbomb to exposure bosses and rares. Before act 6 use Hatred + Herald + clarity. On act 6 change Hatrad for Purity of Elements for ailment immune and resists.

After finish acts and kill kitava, farm maps until t5 or do heist, get some chaos, buy evasion/ES gear and a Whispering ice, respec the useless points (life and dual wield nodes nodes).

The key to good progress well on maps, is the wand added elemental damage to spells recipe, keep then updated, and the acts will be easy!

Magic Wand + Topaz Ring + Orb of Alteration - lvl 8
Magic Wand + Magic Topaz Ring + Orb of Alteration - lvl 14
Magic Wand + Rare Sapphire Ring + Orb of Alteration - lvl 20

I used this wands until hit maps and replce for the WI, or drop a better wand on acts!

I hope my strategy can help you.
Sincere thanks for all of the info. I will definitely look to use this. I'm trying to knock out the remaining challenges I have left but I'd also like to try to get a dry run in getting through the acts more quickly before the new league start. I often struggle with keeping my will intact running through acts, especially when I start the league late.

Thanks for all the work you put in and share with us. It's appreciated.
I want to say thank's to Kelvynn for this very deep guide.
WI build saved this league for me.
Sanctum was pretty pain in the ass at the start so i skiped it till i found solution - i linked Ice storm with arcanist brand and added some offensive auras insted defensive. From that time Sanctum started to be enjoyable even if it's designed for fast and giga offensive builds.

I've done Simulacrum 30 for the first try and that was my first try ever
it's was stressful but get job done. ( it was about 1.9k int in that time )

I killed all ubers and killed uber Sirius about 70 times ( it was personally, i hate that guy :D) with Oriath's End mapping started to be super nice

i have 15k es 2.6k int
i've done all content + 38\40

For those who thinking about to play WI i'd say if you never spended more than 10 div on build this one not for you. IT WORKS on low budget but It feels ok maby after 1.8k int. WI needs some love to love you back

if you new in poe, this build will help you to face all endgame and fight against it right in the middle of the arena, without hiding in corners behind totems and running away with wet pants from everything that moves

P.s sorry for my English there is a possibility that I made a lot of mistakes, but I wrote the whole text myself without Google (I'm still in the process of learning English)
P.s Kelvynn <3
@Vahkerr

The video below is a sample of my last test run:

https://youtu.be/kR5yrZ8PL2A

character: atest_III

Since you recive FrostBink on act 1 the game play is the same:

Frost Bomb ahead then blink... go to next pack
Meet a boss or rare, Frost Bomb, Explosive trap spam

Simple as that

If you do the wand recipes and find right sockets to link its very simple gameplay.

The tree is alerdy optimized for easy swap after buy a The Whispering Ice!

I Hope it help!
First time in poe i got him

He was in a ritual. End of league but a goal i never had since closed beta to get a mirror myself is done :-)
Hey whiterockxx, I hope you will put your test run progress into a suggested levelling guide (basically, which skill gems to use when.)

I've been attempting that myself since I cannot stand playing mines and I am sick of levelling up as freezing pulse.

My current best candidate is caustic arrow/toxic rain, but that's only good up until level 25ish as you really don't want to go too far right on the passive tree which you need to do to empower that.

I did not think of trying explosive trap.

I'd also be interested in seeing whether you can go with the crit build from mapping start, or whether you need to stick with the defensive build.

Don't forget to look at different levelling uniques if you go with the crit build!

@ichbinwerichbi -- grats on the mirror! Instead of that, I got Krillson, but because I was in a timed delirium, I kept going on, planning to return to him. Sadly -- that does not work. You get one chance to speak to him. I mention that because the chance of seeing Krillson is about the same as the chance of a mirror I believe!
Last edited by Graiaule on Mar 22, 2023, 5:20:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info