[3.23 UPDATED] Bergerbrush's Beginner Friendly Death's Oath Occultist

"
Bergerbrush wrote:
"
Stereotype wrote:
On your cluster jewel setup, you recommended a large cluster with Touch of Cruelty. I'm looking into this build but as far as I'm aware, Death Aura doesn't "hit" and so it's basically a dead notable on the cluster, isn't it? Unless you're hindering in some other way? The "Withering Presence" occultist notable doesn't itself inflict Hinder.

I would assume the easiest way would be to do this with a Curse Mastery that Hinders nearby Cursed enemies.

Possibly a glove enchant might spell "hit" an enemy to activate the 10% hinder chance on Touch of Cruelty, but that definitely wouldn't give 100% uptime.

That's actually true, haven't really thought of that. I will look into that more if it's worth getting something else or just having the other 2 :)

Thank you!^^

Aspect of the Spider!

I gotta say, since I added Spider to my build, it's feeling so much better.... the extra slow on everything close by is a nice defensive layer, plus it hinders activating that cluster, making the perfect large cluster jewel easier to roll, AND it increases damage taken!
Just wanted to add to the conversation, there's a deterministic way to craft an excellent bow for caustic arrow. First, start with a non-synthesized, non-influenced base. Alteration/augment until you have the t1 suffix "damage over time multiplier." Then regal and annul until you have only that suffix on a rare base (and no prefixes). Then craft "up to 3 crafted modifiers" (2 div) and "cannot roll attack modifiers" (1 div). This will give your item full suffixes, and completely empty prefixes. Now you hit it with an exalted orb, and the ONLY option is +1 socketed gems. Then you hit it with a hunter's exalted orb and the only option is increased chaos damage over time, of t4 - t1 range. Then you can remove crafted mods, re-craft "up to 3 crafted modifiers" and also craft +2 socketed support gems, and chaos damage over time multiplier. The end result is a bow like my occultist "InfluxPops" has equipped.
Last edited by Stereotype on Sep 19, 2022, 2:03:11 PM
can you play this as Ascendant
Assassin
Berserker
Deadeye
Elementalist
Gladiator
Guardian
Juggernaut
Raider
Saboteur .
im in bpl and i wanted to play this but occoultist not in this list in my team can play
Last edited by MagicAourun on Sep 20, 2022, 5:44:02 PM
"
Stereotype wrote:
Just wanted to add to the conversation, there's a deterministic way to craft an excellent bow for caustic arrow. First, start with a non-synthesized, non-influenced base. Alteration/augment until you have the t1 suffix "damage over time multiplier." Then regal and annul until you have only that suffix on a rare base (and no prefixes). Then craft "up to 3 crafted modifiers" (2 div) and "cannot roll attack modifiers" (1 div). This will give your item full suffixes, and completely empty prefixes. Now you hit it with an exalted orb, and the ONLY option is +1 socketed gems. Then you hit it with a hunter's exalted orb and the only option is increased chaos damage over time, of t4 - t1 range. Then you can remove crafted mods, re-craft "up to 3 crafted modifiers" and also craft +2 socketed support gems, and chaos damage over time multiplier. The end result is a bow like my occultist "InfluxPops" has equipped.

Mind if I perhaps make a video on this? :)
"
Bergerbrush wrote:
"
Stereotype wrote:

Mind if I perhaps make a video on this? :)

I think that would be more helpful to some than a wall of text! Go right ahead.
2 New Updates to the Guide!

Made 2 new videos regarding a MF version that I will later update properly into the Build Guide here as well, and also made a Video on how to Craft your own GIGA BOW for the build!

Update #3
Video on, Semi-Magic Finding Death's Oath Version! (Also using Full MF for Culling my own AN Mobs)
Semi-Magic Finding Death's Oath?! - Path of Exile [3.19]

Update #4
Video on Crafting your own Bow for this build! (Average cost of 6 Divines)
How to selfcraft your own Chaos DoT Bow! - Path of Exile [3.19]
I did this in a similar way for EK Ignite, but I think you can just skip the alt spam/regal/annul part if you just buy a T1 fractured dot multi bow as those aren't very expensive depending on the base.
"
obake1 wrote:
I did this in a similar way for EK Ignite, but I think you can just skip the alt spam/regal/annul part if you just buy a T1 fractured dot multi bow as those aren't very expensive depending on the base.

I'm playing in a private league so I had to make do!
Its a cool build, i'm doing it my second leaque. But different to you;

Using the free blasphemie aura that impresence is providing, with a not finished double cluster setup.
Last edited by Raytscha on Sep 25, 2022, 6:54:12 AM
you seen this ignit version with blackflame ring? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko_xtpG7aSM&ab_channel=PersonalJeezus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info