[3.23 UPDATED] Bergerbrush's Beginner Friendly Death's Oath Occultist

"
Orion5452 wrote:
Hi, this build really saved the league, big booms and managed to fight heavy moded archenemsis and essence monsters, made a big profit in 3 days thanks to it.

Now im pushing the T16's and i have some questions

This is a good bow and quiver for phase 3 (endgame) of the build? or i can upgrade something

You said inspiring learning is optional, can i replace it with a malevolence watcher's eye and save 1 passive point from the power charge notable?

And finally, you said it's not a build for bossing but if i change some stuff it can do bosses? i saw other death auras and with almost same setup as you (the difference is no golem and no viridi's veil mainly) and can do even uber elder

"Can do" vs. "is good at" are different things; the build can do practically anything, it's just going to be much, much harder than on a build designed to boss on.

I'm always confused when people get gear like that and need the approval of someone else to know if it's good; surely you know it's good if you dropped the kind of money you must have done on a +3 85% chaos bow, for example :P

It would be extremely difficult to upgrade your bow or quiver meaningfully. (Edit; and yet, looking at your profile it seems that you have endless currency and bought an entirely new bow that is better anyway :P)

Also.. that ventor's game is.. not good. Even though it's "only" 1%, reducing quant is _REALLY_ bad, and 16% increased rarity is almost nothing. The strength and dex do almost nothing, they give you like.. 2str and 6dex total. So, easily replaced with a life + tri-res ring, you could even get a higher rarity role and no reduced quant in the extra prefixes, along with an added benefit of an intrinsic modifier that does something!

(Edit again: I just realised that the armory must be misreporting your stats because you must have more than 40str which it says you have or you couldn't equip half your gear, so maybe you actually need the %str and %dex to equip stuff? Either way, I'd suggesting finding those stats elsewhere, you probably aren't getting as much from the ring as you think).

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Kalandra/Z9kz5v7iQ
That is a search string to look for rings with 120% or more total res and 60+ life, I've blocked mirrored so you don't see all the shitty -mod rings from Kalandra but finding a really good Kalandra ring with good doubled stats would be even better again. None of this will make a massive difference to your character, there are no game-changing mods to look for or anything.. but yeah.. even -1% quant is definitely something to be avoided unless you are getting something REALLY important in return, which that ring definitely doesn't give.
Last edited by Pathological on Sep 6, 2022, 9:26:54 AM
"
Orion5452 wrote:
Hi, this build really saved the league, big booms and managed to fight heavy moded archenemsis and essence monsters, made a big profit in 3 days thanks to it.

Now im pushing the T16's and i have some questions

This is a good bow and quiver for phase 3 (endgame) of the build? or i can upgrade something

You said inspiring learning is optional, can i replace it with a malevolence watcher's eye and save 1 passive point from the power charge notable?

And finally, you said it's not a build for bossing but if i change some stuff it can do bosses? i saw other death auras and with almost same setup as you (the difference is no golem and no viridi's veil mainly) and can do even uber elder

That bow is actually really good, even better than what I have this currently this League :D

And honestly, any build can somewhat do "any" boss if you invest enough and are good enough at the game. It's just that some builds can do it easier or cheaper and that's why META builds exists.

This build can absolutely do Uber Elder and such if you are a skilled player and focus more heavily on Single Target and perhaps invest into it. (Good overall DMG Gear and Empower Level 4 and such)

But it's never gonna be able to absolutely just blast bosses out of the planet^^
Well took your advice of with practice you can do any boss, i upgraded the last bow got some new gear (mainly boots) and watcher's eye and made sirus, shaper and the gaurdians of both bosses without any problem and im going for the other bosses too, even with basic gear the build does reaaally good damage

i think this is my final gear, idk what i can upgrade even more (the ventor and the crimson ring are for the lolz but still gives very good stats)

"
Orion5452 wrote:
Well took your advice of with practice you can do any boss, i upgraded the last bow got some new gear (mainly boots) and watcher's eye and made sirus, shaper and the gaurdians of both bosses without any problem and im going for the other bosses too, even with basic gear the build does reaaally good damage

i think this is my final gear, idk what i can upgrade even more (the ventor and the crimson ring are for the lolz but still gives very good stats)

Just minor things but, 21/20 gems in armor will increase damage. Level 5 awakened gems obv, Empower level 4. And the rings is kind of a meme yeah I can see that haha, but if you want to go MF you should do like me and go Hybrid MF for map farming, and then if you want stuff for bossing you can do that too with just gear swapping.
Hello, great build, i'm flying through T16s without trouble :-)

How do you deal with mana ? I have 120 mana left after reservation, and caustic cost is 57. I can only shoot 2 of them and i'm out of mana, and my mana regen is down the ground, almost nothing. I have to run a mana potion, which i would like to get rid of asap.

I know caustic cannot leech because it's a dot effect. It's been my main issue for some time and I can't find a solution :(
"
zoufouille wrote:

How do you deal with mana ? I have 120 mana left after reservation, and caustic cost is 57. I can only shoot 2 of them and i'm out of mana, and my mana regen is down the ground, almost nothing. I have to run a mana potion, which i would like to get rid of asap.

I know caustic cannot leech because it's a dot effect. It's been my main issue for some time and I can't find a solution :(

Do you use -non channeling crafts? :)
"
Bergerbrush wrote:
"
zoufouille wrote:

No, does it really make a difference ? For now i filled the Soul Siphon node as a temporary mesure but I'll have to change it sooner or later
Last edited by zoufouille on Sep 10, 2022, 1:13:11 AM
Must say this build is actually fun and easy to put together! I thought it would be more squishy but it survives decently while zooming the T16. Good mapper/money maker while not breaking the bank itself. It started feel good around 500c investment which makes it a budget version (most automomber builds are very expensive)
"
zoufouille wrote:
"
Bergerbrush wrote:
"
zoufouille wrote:

No, does it really make a difference ? For now i filled the Soul Siphon node as a temporary mesure but I'll have to change it sooner or later

So the -non-channeling costs craft is important, but only until you can allocate Eldrich Battery. You'll notice almost everyone using DO is running this and you'll see why as soon as you get it. You can spam CA and your ES will regen quickly enough. But the non-channeling is still important.
Want to say hey Berg and thanks for the guide!

Picked it up after my Boneshatter league starter for around 2div and since have probably invested upwards of 60-80div into it at this point (Malevolence WE was 30 alone!) but one of, if not the, most fun builds i've ever played. Absolutely blasting through everything excluding Uber Pinnacle bosses - to the extent that i've even dropped a few things in exchange for +rarity.

Can absolutely attest to the power of this build even when you have almost no investment and will 100% be running it again next league no matter what :)
Last edited by aqrunnr on Sep 13, 2022, 10:47:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info