[3.23 UPDATED] Bergerbrush's Beginner Friendly Death's Oath Occultist

18 divine Forbidden Flame lol.
"
GagInwTh wrote:
18 divine Forbidden Flame lol.

Yeah this league is messed up with Forbidden Flame jewels, I don't really suggest getting it this league unless you have the money to waste.

It's like this with so many Flame Jewels as well :(
"
Some people can be very new to PoE or specific playstyles. This DO build is decently tanky and idk what problem people have when sometimes I get feedback like "I die all the time".

It's hard to pinpoint or help those people out sadly. I myself got to level 99 under 80 deaths this league. But of course I am very experienced in the game and with the character.

First of all, thank you for the build! enjoying it a lot! I am a fairly new player (first real league playing and doing t16+) and I too have been dying a lot. that being said, I am fairly certain it is because lack of experience, as I have been dying less and less the more I play. Most of my deaths came from bosses which I have never seen before and the more often I did them, the less I was dying. 2nd most cause of deaths were essence monsters which I wasn't able to kill or they just oneshot me over and over without me having a chance (are there certain essences or combinations thereof that I shouldnt even touch?) I just learned to walk past them if I died once and didnt favour my odds. 3rd most and the one most avoidable is just standing in stuff I didnt notice or dying from post mortem explosions from monsters while picking up items for example. This one also is just fixed with experience (and I have^^) You just have to realize that you need to be constantly moving while mapping and pick up stuff when its safe :D
Also "fairy tanky" can be deceiving for new players as they have no clue what being tanky even means. some people might read that and assume to be able to facetank much more than they actually can
"
ZephyrPrime wrote:
"
Some people can be very new to PoE or specific playstyles. This DO build is decently tanky and idk what problem people have when sometimes I get feedback like "I die all the time".

It's hard to pinpoint or help those people out sadly. I myself got to level 99 under 80 deaths this league. But of course I am very experienced in the game and with the character.

First of all, thank you for the build! enjoying it a lot! I am a fairly new player (first real league playing and doing t16+) and I too have been dying a lot. that being said, I am fairly certain it is because lack of experience, as I have been dying less and less the more I play. Most of my deaths came from bosses which I have never seen before and the more often I did them, the less I was dying. 2nd most cause of deaths were essence monsters which I wasn't able to kill or they just oneshot me over and over without me having a chance (are there certain essences or combinations thereof that I shouldnt even touch?) I just learned to walk past them if I died once and didnt favour my odds. 3rd most and the one most avoidable is just standing in stuff I didnt notice or dying from post mortem explosions from monsters while picking up items for example. This one also is just fixed with experience (and I have^^) You just have to realize that you need to be constantly moving while mapping and pick up stuff when its safe :D
Also "fairy tanky" can be deceiving for new players as they have no clue what being tanky even means. some people might read that and assume to be able to facetank much more than they actually can

Funny thing is, I believe that the best thing you can do defensively in PoE. Is to basicly always keep moving, and never move backwards from where you came.

There are so many on-death effects from monsters that die, and so many projectiles and attack animations... So if you keep moving you most likely will not get hit most of the time^^

And then as you say, bosses are mechanicly hard for newer players as they don't know what or how to avoid and look out for. But the more you learn the easier it will get with every character you play :)

And talking tankiness is hard in general, there are not many builds that can truly facetank many things in PoE. So what even is tankiness then? Is it being able to take 1 hit from mobs, 1 hit from a boss, or 10 hits from both? It's just a greyarea alltogether :)
I love this build. Super smooth leveling and map progression especially after level 40, feels really good.

Only issue is i like farming 80% deli maps and this build seems to struggle a bit there, you randomly fall over. Are there any changes you recommend to stage 3 to make it better in 80% deli?
My character is on the Stage 2 but I always get oneshot on t16. How to Fix that?

Here is the pob
https://pastebin.com/ATqb4zFk
Hi, i need help for a small cluster jewel. Can i get Wish for Death as Small Skill? I searching about it and i always read that notable node is a Medium CLuster exclusive. I have one last jewel slot empty, i already have Forbbiden Flame and Flesh combo.
"
DyabloFJV wrote:
Hi, i need help for a small cluster jewel. Can i get Wish for Death as Small Skill? I searching about it and i always read that notable node is a Medium CLuster exclusive. I have one last jewel slot empty, i already have Forbbiden Flame and Flesh combo.

I think that one was removed and or changed this league.
"
Bergerbrush wrote:
"
DyabloFJV wrote:

Do you recommends any replacement?
"
DyabloFJV wrote:
"
Bergerbrush wrote:
"
DyabloFJV wrote:

Do you recommends any replacement?

The new PoB's instead have no small clusters, if I'm not misstaken? :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info