[3.23 UPDATED] Bergerbrush's Beginner Friendly Death's Oath Occultist

"
Bergerbrush wrote:

So I've seen some people on the Reddit saying that our clearspeed damage got nerfed abit because of the changes to despair and malediction, which is probably true. But our Single Target damage vs bosses should be better I would think. Still have to wait for PoB to give us actual numbers on this.

But yes, a big thing here could potentally be Vaal CA. Depending on what it does and how it works it could really be a big boost for us Single Target, or help with Clearing if that's needed which I don't think it will be.

The only thing I can say is that clearing like 60%+ deli maps will be harder now if they nerf our clear damage. But as long as you can kill 1 enemy in a pack it usually just ends up with everything exploding anyway. So should be fine still.

The biggest issue is that many of the benefits from occ are now on the tree, so depending on how many inefficient nodes we have to path towards, could nerf DPS.

That being the said, is occultist still BIS?
"Will Vaal Caustic Arrow's ground effects stack with regular Caustic Arrow?

An enemy can only be affected by one caustic ground effect but if multiple are applied, the strongest effect will be the one that applies to the enemy (i.e. the Vaal Caustic Arrow effect takes priority)."

That last line is atleast telling us that Vaal caustic arrow will have higher dmg then normal version:)
Update video if you're looking to League Start Death's Oath!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN9d7orISKw&t=

And I am waiting for PoB before I finish Updating this Guide! Kinda want to know the changes myself before I start putting changes in here :)

Vaal CA numbers look pretty nutty. Basically 12 seconds (2 uses of 6 seconds) of essentially 2.4x damage of standard CA.
This build has been gutted due to changes with despair and no changes to the death's oath item. RF is a much more attractive option due to more areas of damage increases and not being locked into the chest.
Last edited by fuxxnuts2 on Dec 8, 2022, 12:10:42 AM
"
fuxxnuts2 wrote:
This build has been gutted due to changes with despair and no changes to the death's oath item. RF is a much more attractive option due to more areas of damage increases and not being locked into the chest.

Did this build ever struggle against clusters of normal/white mobs in anything maybe except 80+ delirious maps, though?
Looks good but my only two things I am unsure about are, the build doesn't look too tanky, do you die often in harder content?
And how to we recover life?
"
GrindcoreFTW wrote:
Looks good but my only two things I am unsure about are, the build doesn't look too tanky, do you die often in harder content?

I played this in 3.19 and loved it, the only thing i struggelt with ware the endgame bosses and the UBER essence monsters.

I farmed lots of chayula breachstone's and onlyed diet to my stubit plays or hard combos on rare mobs :)
"
GrindcoreFTW wrote:

its not tanky at all. You are required to rely on flasks, and expect to get one shot a few times here every few maps.
"
fuxxnuts2 wrote:
"
GrindcoreFTW wrote:

its not tanky at all. You are required to rely on flasks, and expect to get one shot a few times here every few maps.

Took a look at your character. You don't use any defences, just pure dps glass cannon. I'm using determination, grace, enfeeble, steelskin and still had full speed clear for t16 maps (with mid tier gear). Only played 3.19 for a week but I had no problem with dying even with archnemeseis being super rip for other builds. Just balance your build with good defence and dmg, know it's more fun to invest in dmg but......

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info