3.18 Rebuke of the Vaal Wild Strike Pathfinder. Wave 30 Simulacrum Cleared

Hello! I just want to share a build that I really enjoyed playing during the latter end of sentinel league. Initially, I just wanted to fool around with Rebuke of the Vaal 1h Sword and see where it takes me without buying expesive elemental swords. And my gawd it exceeded my expectation considering it is only mid to early - end game weapon and on top of playing it with Wild Strike which is notoriously famous for having bad single target but amazing clear. Using this build I have defeated the ff: a.) Uber Maven b.) Uber Shaper c.) Uber Sirus and etc. Haven't tried Uber Eater and Exarch but I presume the build will struggle against them since most of their attacks are elemental damage. Before further a do lets start the "MINI" guide.

Pros
1. Very Good Clear Speed
2. Rebuke of the Vaal and Saviour are cheap :)
3. Can achieve high chaos res and elemental res without large investment in tree and gears

Cons
1. Can be squishy until we wear our tri elemental flask + wise oak setup
2. Melee
3. Can be expensive to min-max ( buying 1x high pdps or edps foil )

Videos
Spoiler
You can find all my builds in action via my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTtdxZoSz5fbC_t4aVr_jtw

Simulacrum Wave 30 Deathless Clear : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeOSJfhEzPk

T16 Mapping : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJM6AQy1FoU

Path of Building Community Fork :
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/0ZYcibT7

Cluster Jewel : Try to get Bloodscent in order to generate rage and press berserk during boss fights.

Gear / Gem Links
Spoiler

WEAPONS

We are going to dual wield ROTV and Saviour. We use rebuke of the vaal because it inherently has a lot of mixed damage types which this build makes use of. Using Saviour as offhand it theoretically doubles our damage against single target and it also helps a lot during clearing and boss dps uptime.

HELMET

The BiS helm for this build is Replica Abyssus. We mostly counter its downsides through our buffed tri - elemental flask setup, wise oak and many more defensive layers.

BODY ARMOUR

The main stat your looking for is physical damage taken as cold damage for physical mitigation as well as spell suppression. The 25 %Avoid ailments prefix mod is also important to achieve 100% ailment avoidance on top of 75% avoidance from tree and boots. For Implicits, look for chance to gain fortify and/or Flask effect/ Maximum Resistance to counter Rep abyssus.

GLOVES

For our gloves look for attack speed and spell suppression. Try to get +1 or +2 additional strikes ( orb of conflict ) as eldritch implicit to further improve the clear.

BOOTS

For implicits look for action speed and avoid ailments. The rest are spell suppression or chaos resistance. Getting 100% ailment avoid is important so we don't get ignited and shocked which is very dangerous since we are using Replica Abyssus.

BELT ( VERY IMPORTANT!! )

In terms gearing, the belt slot is the most important piece. In order to sustain permanent uptime of our flasks we need the % REDUCED FLASK CHARGES USED mod + NATURAL REMEDIES NOTABLE PASSIVE + UTILITY FLASK GAIN 1 CHARGE EVERY 3 SECONDS MASTERY.

For the rest of the mods. Try to get Life, chaos res and elemental damage with attacks.

RINGS

The BiS ring for this build is Mark of the elder + a shaper ring combo for damage. For your shaper ring look for accuracy, intelligence and chaos res.

AMULET

For our amulet Leadership's Price is the best since it gives us alternate ailment conflux which allows our chaos damage to apply ele ailments. On top of this we also get +1-3 maximum resistances which helps counter RepAby.

CLOSING REMARKS

I hope you enjoyed reading my mini-guide. Will eventually revisit this build in the upcoming 3.19 patch but as a pure cold Wild Strike variant either as Raider or Pathfinder. Cheers and Stay safe exile!
Last edited by tacata69 on Aug 14, 2022, 6:38:59 AM
Last bumped on Aug 25, 2022, 9:27:43 AM
reserved
pob link fixed
Hey thanks for sharing, Wild Strike is such a fun skill, gonna try your build for sure!
thanks man! In the long run you may have to buy a decent high pdps or edps sword to replace ROTV :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info